Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V2 + FAQ

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

uploaded Akaiito Anthology, didnt see it here.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This may already exist, but could what tags are available when posting in the forum, be place in a more common and easily found location? i hope this is not too outrageous of a request.

You mean like this? Drama
Sorry, I'm not good at reading comprehension.

My fault, most likely. I'll try to fill out some requests in the next few days, but given the season I think it's reasonable to assume uploads might slow down a bit.

last edited at Dec 22, 2013 8:33PM

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

This may already exist, but could what tags are available when posting in the forum, be place in a more common and easily found location? i hope this is not too outrageous of a request.

yes, that is what I meant. I was not sure what they were called so I called them tags. btw, what are these "tags" called?

last edited at Dec 23, 2013 12:40AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

yes, that is what I meant. I was not sure what they were called so I called them tags.

Ah, that's easy then! It's not a matter of adding anything, it's just a type of formatting.
Like, I can write "this" like this. You can write anything and format it that way with ` characters on the end. It's a rare character that typically sits on the same key as ~

last edited at Dec 23, 2013 12:44AM

joined Apr 15, 2011

Ah, that's easy then! It's not a matter of adding anything, it's just a type of formatting.
Like, I can write "this" like this. You can write anything and format it that way with ` characters on the end. It's a rare character that typically sits on the same key as ~

aahh formatting. hahahahaa. should have thought of that :-)

well my request is simple, would it be possible to create a permanent topic that includes all available formatting characters or is that list too small and not worth the effort to do?

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

aahh formatting. hahahahaa. should have thought of that :-)

well my request is simple, would it be possible to create a permanent topic that includes all available formatting characters or is that list too small and not worth the effort to do?

http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax
Alternatively just google markdown syntax.

joined Apr 15, 2011

http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax
Alternatively just google markdown syntax.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I was noticing that President and Vice-President by Hakamada Mera is tagged as completed on the reader. However, none of the volume extras (including a six page special story) have been posted.

I was wondering if it would be OK if I added this to may scanlation schedule? It wouldn't take me that long, and I would be happy to do it. Alternatively, I could scan it and send it to someone at dynasty for them to do at their leisure. Which would be better?

By the way, I do have my scanlations rolling again, and my next chapter will be out this weekend. Yes, it's doubly late.

Images
joined Aug 31, 2013

uhm.. I'm thinking of ratings? I'm new here and I don't know what to read first or which is good or which will fit my likings.. so maybe there's a way to add ratings to know if its good or not... something like that.. coz I'm still searching sites for sites regarding their reviews and recommendation of yuri manga's ... btw this site is really great, I'm happy that I've found this site.. keep up the good work mina.

last edited at Dec 24, 2013 10:38AM

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

@Yuri Girl 1001: Well we're zombies, so we have no reason to object in any respectable fashion. Please feel free to go ahead

@ravenrhen: The present feeling is that we're not going to implement ratings or reviews of anything. We've yet to really feel that it's really worth anything.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

What do you think about separating entry in "Recently Added Chapters" into series and chapter part?
So that you can go to series page directly from "Recent".

For example, instead of Aiura ch15: Dream it would be Aiura ch15: Dream

last edited at Dec 25, 2013 8:54AM

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

What do you think about separating entry in "Recently Added Chapters" into series and chapter part?
So that you can go to series page directly from "Recent".

For example, instead of Aiura ch15: Dream it would be Aiura ch15: Dream

I think it would cause more issues then it solves.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

My fault, most likely. I'll try to fill out some requests in the next few days, but given the season I think it's reasonable to assume uploads might slow down a bit.

reuploaded it again just in case: for anyone interested here is the link

http://www.mediafire.com/download/16r85bd7mkzmhnp/akaiito_anthology_%5Bsolelo%5D.rar

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I know that there isn't much that can be done, but it's really distressing when there is a knock down drag out going on in one of the threads (The Princess's Mirror discussion) and nobody else can post much. I've seen worse, and the participants are still (sometimes) making valid points, but it has pretty much hijacked the thread. I'm sure putting a guidelines of internet debate of guidelines of forum usage sticky thread up wouldn't have any effect, but I thought I would mention it anyway. Certainly nothing I could post would help.

Note: I'm not asking for the discussion to be purged.

last edited at Dec 30, 2013 8:11AM

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I know that there isn't much that can be done, but it's really distressing when there is a knock down drag out going on in one of the threads (The Princess's Mirror discussion) and nobody else can post much. I've seen worse, and the participants are still (sometimes) making valid points, but it has pretty much hijacked the thread. I'm sure putting a guidelines of internet debate of guidelines of forum usage sticky thread up wouldn't have any effect, but I thought I would mention it anyway. Certainly nothing I could post would help.

I'd request some cleanup there. It really is hindering anyone from talking about how they actually enjoyed the story – it's all arguments that are pointing fingers at each others' stupidity, or pointing out every possible plot-hole in the first two chapters. It's highly unnecessary.

last edited at Dec 30, 2013 9:44AM

joined Apr 15, 2011

I'd request some cleanup there. It really is hindering anyone from talking about how they actually enjoyed the story – it's all arguments that are pointing fingers at each others' stupidity, or pointing out every possible plot-hole in the first two chapters. It's highly unnecessary.

to play devil's advocate, I'd say give it another day or so. I think that once everyone has had their say and gotten all the ill will out of their system, the thread should calm down (not to mention it's been funny as hell to read). if not, some imp could come along and try to hijack, I mean redirect the thread to a more civil route of discourse. Just a thought...

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

I think the real issue is that we don't have a dedicated forum moderator, to keep the peace and enforce some basic rules. We should probably look into finding one.

joined Apr 15, 2011

out of curiosity, how often do these types of flair-ups occur?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Pretty much whenever a certain banned person feels like posting.

Outside of that, just once every few months, unless a great deal changed in the ~40 days I was away, or we're operating under a sensitive definition of "flair-up". Also, I don't think I've ever seen the below happen around here.

to play devil's advocate, I'd say give it another day or so. I think that once everyone has had their say and gotten all the ill will out of their system, the thread should calm down

joined Apr 15, 2011

Guess I'm too much of a happy optimist for thinking that adults and adult-like children would get their shit together and get along. But I must admit, I did get a good chuckle or two out of the whole thing.

EDIT: I've got another question for the powers that be. does the views counter for each release reset to 0 every 7 days (assuming that a lot of people go to the link)?

Ummm, that question is irritating me because I do not have the vocabulary to ask the question concisely. So let's say, for example, that Princess Mirror has been popular for the whole week and has 9000 views. On day 8, does the counter reset to 1 the next time a person goes to that link or does it continue on to 9001? Sorry for being a pest, but I've been curious about this for a minute.

last edited at Dec 31, 2013 3:30AM

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Guess I'm too much of a happy optimist for thinking that adults and adult-like children would get their shit together and get along.

Joke's on you. This is the internet.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

out of curiosity, how often do these types of flair-ups occur?

I only keep track of a few threads from time to time (the ones that interest me), but this is only the second time I've seen something this bad.

does the views counter for each release reset to 0 every 7 days

I'm not a power that be, but I think that the count for 8 days ago drops out of the total. For instance on 7 consecutive day, a chapter gets 5000, 2500, 1500, 1000, 800, 700, 500 for a total of 12,000. On the eight day the 5000 drop off and another 300 hits add up giving 7,300. Then on the ninth day the 2500 drops out and another 200 hits add up giving 5000.

I think that's how it works from watching occasionally.

joined Apr 15, 2011

@esn - yup. kinda like walking into a bad prank.
egg. meet face.... kersplat!

I'm not a power that be, but I think that the count for 8 days ago drops out of the total. For instance on 7 consecutive day, a chapter gets 5000, 2500, 1500, 1000, 800, 700, 500 for a total of 12,000. On the eight day the 5000 drop off and another 300 hits add up giving 7,300. Then on the ninth day the 2500 drops out and another 200 hits add up giving 5000.

I think that's how it works from watching occasionally.

hmm... didn't even think about a rolling counter. that makes sense. okie dokey. thanks.

last edited at Dec 31, 2013 10:37AM

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

This kind of stuff happens regularily, but it's always caused by the same person under a different nick.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

This kind of stuff happens regularily, but it's always caused by the same person under a different nick.

That's almost more annoying than multiple people, since you've already banned them before.

To reply you must either login or sign up.