Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V2 + FAQ

Icon
joined Jun 1, 2013

How about a permanent 'Most Popular' List? like, the most visited mangas of all time? or something like "Staff Recommendations"? I think that would be pretty helpful :)

last edited at Nov 27, 2013 6:29AM

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

A most popular list is something on my To Do list.

We already have "Staff Recommendations". On the homepage their is a Featured Series/Chapters section, that has been personally selected by the staff and changes once a week.

Tumblr_m5x14ck4q71rv8vqqo5_250
joined Oct 24, 2012

hello. I don't know if i should post this here but..
I know there's a limit of 8 chapter downloads per day.
I only downloaded 1 chapter for this day but I am getting that notification. Please fix this =(
this is not the only the time I experience this, I just have free time today.
Thank you and Good Day Dynasty-Scans!! =)

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I only downloaded 1 chapter for this day but I am getting that notification. Please fix this =(

This was addressed earlier in the thread, answer these questions if you can;

Are you sure no one is sharing your IP? What browser are you using to try to download? Are you using a download accelerator or something similar to download?

Tumblr_m5x14ck4q71rv8vqqo5_250
joined Oct 24, 2012

This was addressed earlier in the thread, answer these questions if you can;

Are you sure no one is sharing your IP? What browser are you using to try to download? Are you using a download accelerator or something similar to download?

sharing my IP? no.. i don't think i'm sharing my IP. I'm no expert in that. hehe
Download accelerator? Oh! I'm using Internet Download Manager. So IDM is the one causing this? T_T
thank youu! i'll try downloading now and see what happens.. oh I cant yet.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Talk of Little Love
uploaded a new file with some artwork pages missing

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Talk of Little Love
uploaded a new file with some artwork pages missing

https://mega.co.nz/#!oIgxCSZS!J7HBmB9roU8Zdh3Ak_dQolE4n-YiyjCfCI6fQrtdNKU

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Does anyone else have a problem navigating pages in the mobile version of the site (fire fox on Android, to be specific)?

The click box on the arrow seems really tiny, so I have to zoom in really far to click and then zoom back out to read, and has a tendency to disappear all together. The mobile pages also seem to lack access to the page bar, so you can't skip pages you've already read or bypass the arrow without editing the URL, which is kinda inconvenient.

Ideally, it would be nice if the page bar could get a drop down menu and the arrow could be made much larger and, possibly, translucent or gesture based, so you don't need an arrow.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I have a couple of suggestions for tags. Probably more trouble than they're worth though.

• Hide/Show Tags option. Maybe as button, or maybe added to profile. The reason for that, some tags can be pretty big spoilers by themselves.

• Personal tags. This is for cases when you either disagree with "general" tagging, or have your own thoughts on the matter. Like, for example, I'd like to mark some series as Moe up the butt - for myself - even when I know they won't be generally considered this way.
    In this case, the person that applies those tags would be the only one that knows about them, but they can still use it for search or for black/white listing. And since it's personal, no approval/staff work needed there.
    It's probably too much work to introduce this though.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I have a couple of suggestions for tags. Probably more trouble than they're worth though.

• Hide/Show Tags option. Maybe as button, or maybe added to profile. The reason for that, some tags can be pretty big spoilers by themselves.

The spoiler bit is something I'd like to see fixed too. I have no idea how it would work tho, but sometimes a tag like "Ghost" or "Tragedy" can spoil the twist. It's a pain.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

My original thought was to introduce "spoiler tagging" the tags...but that's even more of a mess

last edited at Dec 9, 2013 3:41PM

joined Apr 23, 2012

Hi all, is there anywhere I can make a small donation? I really appreciate the site, and I can't find anywhere. Thanks.

last edited at Dec 10, 2013 4:51AM

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Hi all, is there anywhere I can make a small donation? I really appreciate the site, and I can't find anywhere. Thanks.

The reason you're not finding a way to donate is because we don't take donations. As much as I would personally love to take your money, we decided it would be somewhat unethical to take money for the work of other people.

We appreciate the thought though.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

What about covering hosting fees though?

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

What about covering hosting fees though?

We have someone providing a server for us. But if it ever comes down to it, staff will probably cover the costs.

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

Can you guy allow to read all image in once time?
Ex: When I open a manga, I have loaded single image. It make me wait... can u create a mode that allow to load 1 image or 5 image or all image in manga?
Thank you for nice topic :)

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

for the series Earth Girls, the reader is changing chapters out of order. chapters proceed in the following order: 3 ---> 5 ---> 4.

joined Dec 14, 2010

You can already search for status tags. http://dynasty-scans.com/search?q=&with%5B%5D=3668 for example.

Cool. I didnt know about this one. Thanks!

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Can you guy allow to read all image in once time?
Ex: When I open a manga, I have loaded single image. It make me wait... can u create a mode that allow to load 1 image or 5 image or all image in manga?
Thank you for nice topic :)

Probably not. The issue with images loading slowly is there is just not enough out going bandwidth on the server. With this change more images would probably be loaded overall, from people who start reading a chapter and don't finish it. The only upside is you would be able to open the chapter in the background, and then come back to it a little bit later with no load times. Overall I think it will be a net negative for loading speed.

1b83a707a9c39857f29591413cb83f92a1c9ad62
joined Dec 15, 2013

Hello, pretty new here, and I'm not sure if this has been addressed or not, but I like to use this site with my phone, and I can't seem to find any way to add manga to a reading list of any kind, at least on the mobile version (not sure of this was some intentional restriction for new users, because I know some forums do that). Sorry if I've missed something, and thanks for reading this!

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/pairings/sonya_x_hasuna

Should be renamed Sonya x Yasuna

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

@Nessy: The mobile version has been on omnscient0's backlog but is currently in a lower priority.

@Thiron: Fixed.

last edited at Dec 22, 2013 3:15AM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Ch 5 of Assassin YK was translated and typeset, I have submitted the chapter so it should be uploaded soon.

(This is the last chapter)

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I uploaded the comic [Kinokonabe Hinanjo] Madokano (MadoMagi MadoHomu). does anyone know what is the status?

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

This may already exist, but could what tags are available when posting in the forum, be place in a more common and easily found location? also, is it possible to add the ability to pm users so discussions can go offline.

i hope these are not too outrageous of requests.

last edited at Dec 23, 2013 12:09AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.