Cute n gay, teehee

last edited at Apr 6, 2022 6:21PM

Yukari Yakumo
Yukari%20sweet%20-%20copy
joined Nov 24, 2016

Well that was a thing

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

hmm this one leaves a bitter feeling doesn't it, great read though, because it absolutely means to do so.

78519a80bda4a346c682b1a92a6a70883ccaf876ac706c027e9425ec84be03c5
joined Nov 28, 2017

What a goos one-shot morally is bad. I mean i did that too but in a big market, never to a granny u.u

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Quite real.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I feel the old lady always knew about the stealing but let them do it anyway because she was the only one who ever supported their art career.

joined Dec 17, 2021

Well, I really liked this.

Img_20200401_132631
joined Jun 17, 2018

I feel the old lady always knew about the stealing but let them do it anyway because she was the only one who ever supported their art career.

I thought the same, the granny gives the impression of the typical wise old character that knows all that happens but don't judge at first, just give a lesson of morality to the main characters in the perfect moment.

I also think that they learned the lesson although the women dying, she gave it to them, but in the hardest way.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

They will live on,and now probably have access to a free supply of oil paints if the daughter lets them take the rest of the stock.

As much as the happy memories stick with you,it's the more emotional ones which last with you for much longer,even the bad ones.

joined Jan 13, 2021

Fuyumashi Kaiko's just so good at what they do? Like, they've created some of my favorite short manga ever, because in the sorta uniquely hyperreal place that the Japanese highschool for girls has become in pop culture, embroiled in fantasies and significations and aesthetics and references to phantoms of people that never existed, Fuyumashi amps up the absurdity and the menace and the insularity of it all to stunning levels, and in doing so, creates these internal tableaus of anxiety and dread and jagged, repressed, creeping emotions that are, in their very idiosyncrasy, frighteningly authentic to the experience of drifting teenagers. In their uniquely cold, achingly silent, realistically uncanny ways, these understated micro-tragedies remind me of those mid-20th century English plays where a domestic environment was, through clipped conversations and somber moods, transformed into an unimaginably oppressive labyrinth of personal meanings. It just hits very different.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Loved this one, sharp and understated.

Best school clubs for yuri:
1. Art
2. Photography
3. Track

last edited at Apr 7, 2022 1:57AM

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

I love one-shots like this that have this buildup of simmering bitterness without really resolving it. It's something that happens fairly often in real life. The story stops just short of having Aiko actually deface Shino's painting, and having them confront the old woman. Because the emotions never quite reach their maximum pressure, there's no release. I'd like to read more from this author.

joined May 29, 2019

tense

joined Jun 11, 2016

Cute n gay, teehee

April Fool's already passed dude.

yeah I'd like to think so too. Maybe she figured that no one would inherit the store, everything would just go to waste/go on sale anyway, might as well support these two young kids secretly.

I love one-shots like this that have this buildup of simmering bitterness without really resolving it. It's something that happens fairly often in real life. The story stops just short of having Aiko actually deface Shino's painting, and having them confront the old woman. Because the emotions never quite reach their maximum pressure, there's no release. I'd like to read more from this author.

+1, just what I was thinking too. Also, I love your profile pic. That is a character from Watamote, right?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The reality is that the store owner would have just gave them the paint for free if they had just asked her.

Kgprv5p
joined Aug 28, 2016

I like this frustrating, open question of an ending. feels rare to see it executed so well

NamiBlueFeather
Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

Ah! I really liked this one! The way it ended is kinda open ended, but not in a way that leaves you feeling unfulfilled. A good lesson could be brought out from such a story.

Bunnybunnybunny
joined Apr 17, 2022

Something about this just rubs me the wrong way. Too much importance being hedged on the paint being stolen, especially with how little attention is put towards that up until the prize is awarded as if it wouldn't have happened without that specific paint. I like a cool oil painting just as much as anyone but I would steal from a Blick art supplies if I really needed to and these girls looked like they were pretty desperate. (I know that's not the point, but there's a lot of overreacting in this story.)

To reply you must either login or sign up.