Forum › Hero-san and Former General-san discussion

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

Oooh sexy office lady/innocent girl vs sexy scientist lady/otaku samurai, which ship will win? Find out on the next episode of YuriZ

joined Jul 26, 2016

Everyone is so.....Gay.

TBF evidence so far suggests the Antinoids are a monogender species anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Time%20to%20go%20home%20and%20shlick
joined Jan 18, 2016

But Kyouka, if you destroy all of humanity, you will also lose all the otaku stuff you love so much!

They get paid :p

Where do they even get the money for that though?

joined Jul 26, 2016

They get paid :p

Where do they even get the money for that though?

Offscreen Dark Matter as usual with such operations, one imagines. Not like we know squat about the Antinoid homeworld anyway; for all we know X is their equivalent of some rich idiot who's bankrolling the whole thing off her trust funds and whatnots for le shitz und gigglez... :P

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

X's reign of incompetence continues fabulously.
Literally nobody can stay in character for more than two panels except our hero Rapid Rabbit.

last edited at Dec 25, 2018 10:03AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Everyone is so.....Gay.

TBF evidence so far suggests the Antinoids are a monogender species anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The leader X, Honey, Melt and Kyouka are definitely girls, as well as the Meta-warriors.
I'm not sure, however, about the 4th general and the Kaijin... they seem to have the body lines of men.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Everyone is so.....Gay.

The leader X, Honey, Melt and Kyouka are definitely girls, as well as the Meta-warriors.
I'm not sure, however, about the 4th general and the Kaijin... they seem to have the body lines of men.

See "evidence so far". Number Four is a total question mark for now (exactly all we know of them is a partial silhouette and Honey thinking them not terribly relevant) and given they're disposable artificial Elite Mooks the Kaijin don't necessarily have much in common with the "true" Antinoids to begin with.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

See "evidence so far". Number Four is a total question mark for now (exactly all we know of them is a partial silhouette and Honey thinking them not terribly relevant) and given they're disposable artificial Elite Mooks the Kaijin don't necessarily have much in common with the "true" Antinoids to begin with.

Kaijin seem to be genderless Jojo Stands (more or less) lol

joined Jul 26, 2016

Melt probably grows them out of kelp or something anyway. o3o

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Evil GFs vs Good (and turned good) GFs! Fight!
I get the feeling X meant to build an evil general harem and conquer planets with cute girls in them. So far, the first part has failed miserably, and it's up to Rapid Rabbit and Honey Trap to stop this obnoxious overlord wannabe's plans for good!

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I get the feeling X meant to build an evil general harem and conquer planets with cute girls in them. So far, the first part has failed miserably, and it's up to Rapid Rabbit and Honey Trap to stop this obnoxious overlord wannabe's plans for good!

As a rule of thumb I tend to root for the underdog... so I guess now I need to support X-sama and her clumsy world conquest.

joined Jul 26, 2016

As a rule of thumb I tend to root for the underdog... so I guess now I need to support X-sama and her clumsy world conquest.

She certainly needs all the help she can get.

joined Oct 17, 2014

Looks like X really needed Honey Trap on her side. Seems like she was the most active in actually seeing that whole world conquest thing through.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

What does "too ill" mean?

"Too bad." Basically I originally translated Kyouko normally, but the typesetter decided to "ye olde"-ify her to match her style of speech in the original Japanese.

You should tell your typesetter that "too bad' is an idiomatic expression and you can't just replace individual words with thesaurus synonyms. Additionally, "mine" is used before vowels, whereas "my" is used before consonants, so every usage of "mine" in that bubble is incorrect.

If the original Japanese is an ungrammatical, hackneyed version "old-fashioned" Japanese, then this style is perfect. But if the original is correct but old-fashioned Japanese, then I would recommend something like this:
https://dan.tobias.name/frivolity/archaic-grammar.html

It's a guide on usage of thou, thee, -est, -eth, etc in Early Modern English.

last edited at Dec 25, 2018 8:38PM

Fb_img_1519730104292
joined Sep 16, 2017

Aww... The Antinoids are corrupted with Mankind's daily life and technology... They forgot about their real missions to destroy mankind... XD

joined Jul 26, 2016

Aww... The Antinoids are corrupted with Mankind's daily life and technology... They forgot about their real missions to destroy mankind... XD

If I were to hazard a guess the Generals for the most part were never all that committed to the whole conquest bit to begin with. Melt seems like she's all about for SCIENCE!!!, Kyouka scans as one of those "just want a good fight" types (before she flunked Don't Become An Otaku, Suigetsu-san! right out of the gate anyway), Honey sounds like she was in it mostly for the paycheck, and while we know essentially nothing of #4 as of yet I wouldn't be surprised at all if they have little time for X-sama's nonsense and prefer to sit around reading all day or somesuch given what the rest of the outfit's been like...

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Nephrite is dead but his legacy lives on. ^.^

Homura-devil
joined May 7, 2018

This series is amazingly GAY... and just pure AMAZING too...

joined Feb 1, 2013

Okay, i'm not even quite finished with the latest chapter, but I gotta say: The way Suigetsu's dialogue was interpreted... Some of the lines don't come off as that an Arthurian Knight, but more a Cornish farmer- the "Ne'er a care in the world" line particular made me think of lines like "G' off my land!"

E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

I can only imagine that Kyouka ends all of her sentences with "de gozaru" and if so, I'm kinda sad that it was translated away. Other than that, great job on the scanslations!

Sayo2
joined Jul 11, 2018

Man, this series is great in two completely different ways.
Like, it's great as a yuri series... but, like, it also uses shounen/tokusatsu tropes really effectively, in a way that reminds me of some of the /really good/ action series' I liked when I was a kid. I've always enjoyed villains defecting to the heroes' side.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah, it does a pretty good job of actually feeling like a tokusatsu show, in addition to a yuri comedy.

Large
joined Nov 25, 2018

Okey... that's pretty descriptive xDD

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

At least kyouka got a small victory from that, at the end...

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

This one always makes me lol hard IRL XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.