Forum › Hero-san and Former General-san discussion

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Ha. Nice!

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

X is honestly kind of boring when she's being menacing and competent. The useless loser that gets bullied by her subordinates thing she had going on before was a lot more entertaining.

I liked her bumbling side a lot too. Though I'm not entirely convinced that she is competent yet. She just knows a lot of stuff and seems to be having fun, but clearly she still lacks any control over her subordinates (flees as soon as Honey comes and complains that all her Generals are weirdoes).

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

X is honestly kind of boring when she's being menacing and competent. The useless loser that gets bullied by her subordinates thing she had going on before was a lot more entertaining.

I liked her bumbling side a lot too. Though I'm not entirely convinced that she is competent yet. She just knows a lot of stuff and seems to be having fun, but clearly she still lacks any control over her subordinates (flees as soon as Honey comes and complains that all her Generals are weirdoes).

I really hope this series is gonna continue its pretty delightful trend of bait-and-switch drama where it ramps up the tension and then promptly punctures it with a gag. It'll be a lot less interesting if it succumbs to actually taking itself seriously.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I really hope this series is gonna continue its pretty delightful trend of bait-and-switch drama where it ramps up the tension and then promptly punctures it with a gag. It'll be a lot less interesting if it succumbs to actually taking itself seriously.

Yeaaah, that ain't gonna happen. This is a comedy after all. One that has been making fun of every single trope in the genre. If it goes over-the-top serious then even that is a parody I assume~

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Yeaaah, that ain't gonna happen. This is a comedy after all. One that has been making fun of every single trope in the genre. If it goes over-the-top serious then even that is a parody I assume~

I've seen parodies forget that they're supposed to be parodies and start taking themselves way too seriously before but yeah I'm hopeful that won't be the case here.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

«You mustn't follow any strangers!»

Honey was worried about what could happen to Hayate going out alone, alright... but what's with this kindergarten level of advice? lolol

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

All these designs are really fucking nice

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

X's generals are all into yuri its amazing

joined Oct 17, 2014

Someone on /u/ pointed out that X's colors (from Twitter) matches Hayate's while under the Rapid Rabbit suit.

joined Jun 30, 2015

"Yuri is a sacred resonance between girls."

Guys, the holy scripture has a new verse.

joined Jul 4, 2018

Imagine running a company doing something as hard as destroying humanity, which are practically cockroaches with how hard they are to deal with...
And all of your main staff are fawking weebs.

9e3b1f312b8b179110d34885c12274471490360271_full
joined Jan 7, 2019

Ok Akane Shijou

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

"Yuri is a sacred resonance between girls."

Guys, the holy scripture has a new verse.

"This is the light of hope that shines down on me."

THAT'S EXACTLY IT.

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

She's... too.. fucking.. cute.... must... resist... ARGH....... Well, shit

Time%20to%20go%20home%20and%20shlick
joined Jan 18, 2016

Cool Down is a yuri fan! Weeew! Hopefully cool will be against destroying em just to let their love grow.

But what if she's a fan of tragic yuri?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Cool Down is a yuri fan! Weeew! Hopefully cool will be against destroying em just to let their love grow.

or NTR?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

or NTR?

Considering some of the audience around here, I'd say they don't care as long as two girls are involved and hold hands.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

or NTR?

Considering some of the audience around here, I'd say they don't care as long as two girls are involved and hold hands.

Some need only two girls involved.

Screen%20shot%202017-11-22%20at%201.04.04%20pm
joined Nov 18, 2017

Honey was worried about what could happen to Hayate going out alone, alright... but what's with this kindergarten level of advice? lolol

Well, it is Hayate, so if it's not an Antanoid, you never know.

joined Jul 7, 2019

Is it just me or does Hayate and X kinda look alike? Just sharing. But I think X must be like the alternate version of Hayate or something.

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Wut?

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Well, it is Hayate, so if it's not an Antanoid, you never know.

Figures. I swear, these tomboys with short black hair, it's always the same thing with them.

Honey tried to warn her, and gave her good advice:

Hayate was receptive to the advice, which was good.

But Honey decided to follow her, just in case:

And then, next thing she knew, Hayate had meekly gone with X to what could perfectly well be a death trap. Doh.

Honey's fears were justified: it's dangerous to leave Hayate all by herself...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

^ The girls on the picture look like Yae and Chitose.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

^ The girls on the picture look like Yae and Chitose.

I'd say. That image comes from chapter 2 or 3 of the new Yae-Chitose series. XD
Point they're making is about cliched tomboy characters who are self-assured, bold, athletic, have short black hair and often wear pants and sneakers: they make their lovers, ie Yae and Honey, feel like the mommy of Little Red Riding Hood. Because it's also cliched that these tomboys lack awareness of the dangers of the "wolves" (boys, perverts) that prey on girls in the city streets.

last edited at Jul 8, 2019 11:24AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Because it's also cliched that these tomboys lack awareness of the dangers of the "wolves" (boys, perverts) that prey on girls in the city streets.

Are we talking about the same Kase ?

To reply you must either login or sign up.