Forum › Top? Bottom? A Three-Round Bout! discussion

Screen%20shot%202017-12-10%20at%208.19.31%20pm
joined Dec 26, 2013

Gotta love that ending tho

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

Good one, and the guys reaction at the end was very funny~
Now we need to know which one of the tops is the top between them [between Deko, Berika and Shiori]. But how it should go?
AxB and then "Winner"xC (then another round between the "losers"), or just go for AxBxC?

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

XD this was pure gold. I haven't laughed this hard at a yuri in awhile

last edited at Mar 9, 2018 2:16AM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I think what made this is the yaoi shipping by the girls and the Yuri shipping from the boys. That was fun

Azusa is easily a bottom

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

dang these girls are thirsty

for science obviously

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

The guys at the end killed me xD

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Quite the timing considering the recent forum discussion

I guess this manga answers that thread's question: because it's fun, because people love pidgeon-holing others based on personality, and because it occasionally leads to some entertaining character interaction dynamics. :-)

last edited at Mar 8, 2018 3:18AM

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

lmao all the guys turns out to be yuri lovers too. Funny short oneshot, though imo it would've been funnier if they did a twist and after doing you-know-what Anzu turns out to be the top one after all.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

The guys at the end killed me xD

Signed. That was just the right twist.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

That was great x3. But yea while I liked the ending, it was a bit disappointed, that Anzu ended up to be bottom, since she exactly looks like a bottom and that was the reason they decided she is bottom to begin with (and Emi being top, because she is taller). It would be more interesting if they reversed the roles after all, but I don't mind since it was cute nevertheless.

joined Feb 1, 2018

Loved it!

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

What a twist on the last panel

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

4 tops and 1 bottom, how will she survive her high school days?

joined Sep 25, 2015

I'm one of those yurifags in the last panel.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That was really funny.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That was great x3. But yea while I liked the ending, it was a bit disappointed, that Anzu ended up to be bottom, since she exactly looks like a bottom and that was the reason they decided she is bottom to begin with (and Emi being top, because she is taller). It would be more interesting if they reversed the roles after all, but I don't mind since it was cute nevertheless.

I don't think they said she's a bottom because she looks the part. But because they know her personality well.

And a top being smaller than the bottom isn't unheard of. Off the top of my head, Taiga and Ryuuji (though it's het).

And I think Emi is a switch. Depends on her partner.

last edited at Mar 8, 2018 8:32AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nya-chan posted:

I don't think they said she's a bottom because she looks the part. But because they know her personality well.

Well yea, but when they tried to see who is better suited for it, it was clearly implied the reason Anzu didn't work as top was because when she was the assertive one it looked off. It was clearly the case of "she doesn't look the part to be taken seriously". Sure her personality might be more suited for bottom anyway and that was the initial reason, but then again nobody said author couldn't make her not have it. When she objected that she is totally top, I took it as her really considering herself one, not just being in denial, like she clearly knew she isn't, but didn't want to admit it. So in the end yes, she had both look and personality of a bottom, but she didn't have to, and author could simply make it a twist that she still was capable of being top. Which was a bit disappointing.

And a top being smaller than the bottom isn't unheard of. Off the top of my head, Taiga and Ryuuji (though it's het).

I watched Toradora and don't really remember Ryuuji being specifically bottom and Taiga top, but that is beside the point. I never said you can't reverse those roles, but in context of the story, their appearance was a important part. I don't think Emi was any more suited to be top, but simply because she looked the part she was able to do those "cool acts" convincing unlike Anzu and catch her off guard. And once she got Anzu to be embarrassed, she automatically lost all confidence and defaulted to timid personality. So even if Emi was able to switch and take a lead better than Anzu, it doesn't change the fact she already had a huge advantage over Anzu simply due their looks.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Well, with that story setup, you can either do A topping B or B topping A. Not doing either probably kinda would ruin the punch line.

So it's a 50% decision and there's arguments for either. If they had done the other way around people would argue about the same thing in reverse, guaranteed - which is vaguely ironic, giving the guy's reaction is kinda along that way (and the girl's discussion, too). I'd say the author nailed it. ^^

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

This goes straight to my favorites lol

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

This goes straight to my favorites lol

Good taste, also reaffirmed by your choice of the best nurse as your avatar.

joined Mar 11, 2016

Enjoyed this one. Nice art, unique story. Liked it! :)

Siren2
joined Jan 15, 2014

i usually leave this to the young'uns but:
lol

Kyuben_shan215
joined Jan 20, 2018

Haha the guyz ship the bottomz

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

WHEN NICO CHANGE HER NAME?!

Calm the fuck down, Ooshima Tomo

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

I'm one of those yurifags in the last panel.

same here, count me in.

last edited at Mar 8, 2018 5:23PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.