Forum › Manga no Tsukurikata discussion

joined Sep 14, 2011

Seriously, Google Translate can do a better job than this...

I offered to QC/edit your translation but I've received no answer to that.

So I'm asking again, LET ME FIX THIS FOR YOU. PLEASE.

You continuously insult the translator who took time to translate this manga, the translation might not be the most amazing translation in the world, but the translation is in fact readable, in my eyes, and it's correct. How do i know its correct, I had it run by some reliable, experience translators and japanese speakers because of the ruckus you have cause. Please if you dont like the translator work then by all means, stop reading our releases, im tired of seeing your negativity. Your way too rude for me to let you "help" on this or any mangas that my group releases & im pretty sure if the translator of lemon tea scans see your insulting slanders (if she havent came across it already, which I really hope she havent) she wouldnt want your help. Have a good day/night.

As much as it pains me to say this, but I bet it's people like this that have caused groups to second-guess the idea of scanlating and posting. It's really too bad.

Is the translation right? Is it wrong? I don't know, because I don't speak/read Japanese. What I do know is, I (and most of us here) really appreciate the time and effort put into this series, and every other series that's on Dynasty. I would hope these types of conversations would be kept off the forum, and stay private. This does nothing but distract from the other posts.

::::getting off soapbox:::: Thank you for your time :)

joined Aug 8, 2013

insulting slanders

Get a dictionary. Which incidentally might also improve your work to slightly tolerable levels because those butthurt tirades sure ain't.

249670-ryuunosuke_large
joined Mar 21, 2013

I keep promising myself that I'm not going to read this anymore because NOTHING EVER FREAKING HAPPENS. But then I have to check just in case... and still nothing! Damn you, Hirao-sensei! Why can't I stop reading your comics!? ;)

That said though, I want to echo what some others have said, which is a big thank-you to the translators and others who work on this! It is not an easy job -- it takes a lot of time and effort, and they are doing all of us who don't have access to these comics otherwise a big favor. So, thanks very much!

And for what it's worth, Hirao-sensei's work almost never makes any sense. The fact that the story is inscrutable is thanks to her weird (some might say charming?) sensibilities. Just as inscrutable in Japanese!

Oh_stop_it_you
joined May 24, 2012

Seriously, Google Translate can do a better job than this...

I offered to QC/edit your translation but I've received no answer to that.

So I'm asking again, LET ME FIX THIS FOR YOU. PLEASE.

You continuously insult the translator who took time to translate this manga, the translation might not be the most amazing translation in the world, but the translation is in fact readable, in my eyes, and it's correct. How do i know its correct, I had it run by some reliable, experience translators and japanese speakers because of the ruckus you have cause. Please if you dont like the translator work then by all means, stop reading our releases, im tired of seeing your negativity. Your way too rude for me to let you "help" on this or any mangas that my group releases & im pretty sure if the translator of lemon tea scans see your insulting slanders (if she havent came across it already, which I really hope she havent) she wouldnt want your help. Have a good day/night.

As much as it pains me to say this, but I bet it's people like this that have caused groups to second-guess the idea of scanlating and posting. It's really too bad.

Is the translation right? Is it wrong? I don't know, because I don't speak/read Japanese. What I do know is, I (and most of us here) really appreciate the time and effort put into this series, and every other series that's on Dynasty. I would hope these types of conversations would be kept off the forum, and stay private. This does nothing but distract from the other posts.

::::getting off soapbox:::: Thank you for your time :)

I feel the same way U.U but if that person really wanted to help, he/she would have simply email sexy mama or lemon tea discussing it and volunteer to help, but no, the person decide to go on a rant rage in the forum of dynasty and I didnt made it any better replying to it smh. Thanks for your thoughts and gratitude ^.^

Oh_stop_it_you
joined May 24, 2012

insulting slanders

Get a dictionary. Which incidentally might also improve your work to slightly tolerable levels because those butthurt tirades sure ain't.

You have two accounts on here?? O.o Like how I'm going to buy a dictionary, do you want me to pick up Rosetta Stone Japanese Level 1 for you?? Hey it would be on me as your early birthday gift, everybody gotta start somewhere.

joined Aug 8, 2013

You have two accounts on here?? O.o

No, Hoky and I are actually part of a Illuminati faction out specifically to undermine your work of perfection. Better keep that tinfoil hat on to protect yourself from criticism.

Like how I'm going to buy a dictionary, do you want me to pick up Rosetta Stone Japanese Level 1 for you??

See, that sentence doesn't make a lick of sense and I have to infer anything. Get a proofreader. And thanks for the offer but Rosetta Stone (which isn't a dictionary by the way) is actually quite terrible for learning Japanese. Though, that does explain some things.

Now let's get back to hugs, kisses and circlejerking so the mods don't throw a fit, okay?

Oh_stop_it_you
joined May 24, 2012

You have two accounts on here?? O.o

No, Hoky and I are actually part of a Illuminati faction out specifically to undermine your work of perfection. Better keep that tinfoil hat on to protect yourself from criticism.

Like how I'm going to buy a dictionary, do you want me to pick up Rosetta Stone Japanese Level 1 for you??

See, that sentence doesn't make a lick of sense and I have to infer anything. Get a proofreader. And thanks for the offer but Rosetta Stone (which isn't a dictionary by the way) is actually quite terrible for learning Japanese. Though, that does explain some things.

Now let's get back to hugs, kisses and circlejerking so the mods don't throw a fit, okay?

That sentence made sense, you just can't read properly. I took in consideration what you said about getting a dictionary, and I even offer to buy you a language learning program out of good will.

eww circlejerking? what kind of sick person are you, you can do that by yourself.

joined Aug 31, 2013

First and foremost, thank you, translators, for continuing to work on this very...unique story! Now, this is just my opinion but... (famous last words?) I actually like the translation for chapter 40 and 41. I don't know a lick of Japanese, so I can't verify their accuracy myself (though it seems others have) but it does make sense in Hirao's odd sort of way.

The block of text below is a summary written mostly for my own benefit in following the story because I am a sad sop who does this for fun. Please do not be offended if it seems I've misinterpreted anything. Also, screw pronouns.

[Chapter 40 spoilers?...if you can consider any of it spoil tag worthy...]

In chapter 40, Kawaguchi is reaching new heights of frustration due to not being able to properly communicate with Morishita. It doesn't help that the deadline for Kawaguchi's next manuscript is tomorrow and Morishita keeps sending her weird emails. It's quite distracting. Kawaguchi looks to Takeda for help, hoping that if Takeda returns to Tokyo, Morishita will stop pulling shenanigans and let Kawaguchi work in peace. At the same time, Kawaguchi actually looks forward to these texts, hoping to find out what Morishita's been up to lately. Takeda initially refuses to help Kawaguchi out because she believes Kawaguchi looks down on Morishita's manga. They have a short stint. Takeda gets over it and agrees to watch (and possibly give constructive criticism to) Kawaguchi as she works on her manuscript.

This only stresses Kawaguchi out further, and Takeda suggests they just bring Morishita over to Kawaguchi's place. Perhaps that will get Kawaguchi to relax and just finish the work. Kawaguchi is surprised and a little happy/embarrassed that Takeda made that suggestion, as she would really like to see Morishita. But, Kawaguchi believes Morishita is too busy with all of her serializations to be able to come visit. Takeda remarks that Morishita is actually done with her manuscripts for those serializations and is going to be working as an illustrator that day. Kawaguchi is shocked that Takeda knows this, since this is exactly the kind of information Kawaguchi was hoping Morishita would be texting her about, instead of those weird pictures. Takeda pretty much expresses, "Check her twittor and stop whining."

To Kawaguchi's dismay, she didn't even know Morishita had a Twittor account. Kawaguchi wants to jump right on that and read through Morishita's twittor to see what she's missed. However, Kawaguchi realizes that this is another distraction preventing her from finishing that manuscript. In a moment of rare warmth, Takeda encourages Kawaguchi and says some nice things about Kawaguchi's capabilities. Kawaguchi, touched by the support, is fired up for a moment and prepares to work on the manuscript. Kawaguchi asks if she can check Morishita's twittor first, though. Takeda tells her to check it after the manuscript is done, and, defeated, Kawaguchi reluctantly starts to work.

When Kawaguchi picks up her pen, she feels a sting of pain and realizes she has a callus on her finger due to working so much on her manuscript for the past few days. She then has either a flashback or hallucination to another time where she has a callus and Morishita is there to help her. In order to soothe the pain from the forming callus, Morishita gives Kawaguchi a cold cucumber to hold. (like an improvised ice-pack) Kawaguchi finds that this helped but inhibited her from working on the manuscript. To fix this, Morishita takes the nib (tip) off of a pen and puts it into the tip of the cucumber. Now, (presuming she keeps some ink in the nib or dips the nib in an ink well) Kawaguchi can work on the manuscript and have the cucumber cooling off her callus at the same time. Kawaguchi sees Morishita's smile.

Suddenly, Kawaguchi wakes up from her flashback or hallucination, realizing that Morishita isn't there at all. It's kind of an epiphany for her and she looks a bit lonely because of it. So, Kawaguchi wonders if she was, indeed, hallucinating the whole time. Takeda (who is now laying on the bed instead of sitting, which may indicate a passage of time) is confused. Kawaguchi tries to explain, but is cut short, noticing the cucumber in her hand. She is stunned and believes she wasn't hallucinating at all. Kawaguchi believes Morishita really was there for a while.

This is a little iffy though... I think that, at some point while working on the manuscript, Kawaguchi got so lost in the 'zone' (it happens...) that she unconsciously grabbed a cucumber from the fridge and started working with that. She just imagined the rest, due to severely missing Morishita. Anyway, Takeda would have said something if Morishita had visited. Kawaguchi decides to take a nap, realizing that she isn't thinking clearly. In chapter 41, it looks like Morishita didn't come to Kawaguchi's place after all, seeing as how they have the whole 'say you want to see me!' thing.

tldr; Kawaguchi is feeling more and more distant from Morishita (not knowing she had a twittor, feeling lonely without her, having weird hallucinations about her etc.) and it's really, really bothering her. Could this be emotional development on Kawaguchi's part?

Sorry for the wall of text. m(_ _)m

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

I know what's happening, but I can't follow the story anymore. It's nonsense! D:

Petit_yuri-hime_2010_cover
joined May 27, 2013

I hate Yoshinaga! i.i

joined Feb 15, 2013

The story started really promising, even shows the sight of a masterpiece in the making. But chapter 4 got more yuri than God know how many years since, and this is unacceptable. I still remember that back in 2010, I was still defending its slow pace, but honestly what kind of torturing is this?

It's really too frustrated.

joined Nov 30, 2011

The story started really promising, even shows the sight of a masterpiece in the making. But chapter 4 got more yuri than God know how many years since, and this is unacceptable. I still remember that back in 2010, I was still defending its slow pace, but honestly what kind of torturing is this?

It's really too frustrated.

Haha that's exactly how I feel about the story.

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

I remember reading this last year, but stopped on chapter eight for no reason. Now that I've read it all, I slap my past self for being so dumb. This is the best manga I've read ever.

Anime. Nao. This would make the perfect SoL/Yuri anime. It's not too overloaded with the yuri, and doesn't shove it in your face.

But I don't see where all the hate is coming from. It's a little slow, but the title is called "Making Manga."... What did you expect? The reason the romance is taking so long is because their work keeps getting in the way. It sucks, but that's life. Not some angsty romance novel.

The art is beautiful! It's not "too anime", where everything is perfect and clean; it gives off a sense of realism. Especially since the two mains don't have exact styles of clothing or set personalities - instead of taking the generic route where Kawaguchi would have been the "boy" in the relationship and dominating Morishita when she can, she's very feminine and just like any other woman out there. I love that about her character.

And I don't mind Takeda as much as I did in the beginning. When she first appeared I hated her. I felt she was a terrible character who had no right to butt into their lives the way she did. But then you see this transition in her - she learns there's more to life than just work (and remember, she's YOUNGER than Morishita, who is 18). Takeda is a very well developed character but I think the author focused on her a little too much.

I still don't like Morishita's editor (I don't know remember name...). She just seems really selfish and bitter. Who is SHE to talk about Kawaguchi being older in their relationship when she's just as old if not even older??

Then there's Masato. At first I felt like he was a threat with the way he acted, but now he's a very likable character. The butt of the joke, but likable. I like how he doesn't hold any negative feelings for his sister just because she's dating Morishita; he accepts it but doesn't let go of his feelings. He's happy where he is and doesn't want to change that... well... maybe his choice in girls.

I hope Morishita and Kawaguchi get another chance for a date. Or just be around each other. Seeing them suffer and being held back by manga (damn you manga) just breaks my heart.

last edited at Sep 12, 2013 2:41AM

joined Nov 30, 2011

I understand where you are coming from Konetsu but I sort of disagree. The most frustrating aspect is their lack of clear communication with each other. I feel like one might partially stray some and cause unnecessary aaaaaaaaaangst for no reason at all that could have been clearly avoided. And I feel like Takeda is still ruining things imho.

joined Apr 20, 2013

OMG! *_ * Those chapters were so full of NOTHING! :(

Hirao-sensei give us the most wanted kiss! > _______ <

And thank you, guys! I really appreciate your (Sexy Mama and Lemon tea's) efforts! Can't wait to see more~!

last edited at Dec 5, 2013 4:24PM

joined Jul 9, 2013

This one gonna continue? Really enjoying it.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

From the comments and me skimming like 4 random chapters a lil... And no yuri action yet? Even being 41 chapters (atm)...

:S

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

From the comments and me skimming like 4 random chapters a lil... And no yuri action yet? Even being 41 chapters (atm)...

:S

I barely remember this one but I think the main almost told her girlfriend that she loves her, then didn't. Does that count as action?

It probably does... in a vague and glacially paced shoujo ai-ish manga.
lol, I am just gonna move on, thanks.

joined Apr 9, 2014

OMG! *_ * Those chapters were so full of NOTHING! :(

next chapters too, probably lol

joined Feb 15, 2013

The author of this should be shot for his crime against yuri manga!!!

Never seen such a promising manga having such a slow death due to the author slowly killing it

joined Oct 6, 2014

I get the feeling all of the kissing and seks happens "off screen" so to speak. There is no possible way they have been "dating" as long as they have and nothing has happened.

joined Jan 30, 2013

The author of this should be shot for his crime against yuri manga!!!

That's a bit extreme, don't ya think?

10930931_1572484072967796_9102248557687339195_n
joined Jan 4, 2014

I want to see this, I can't die in peace if I haven't read the fianal chapter of this manga yet. :'(

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

I want to read more of this :(

0d9c1f8da5c68f44be466e7fdf34f353
joined Jan 13, 2015

I think it´s really boring. I wouldn´t even call this good slice of life in around 40 chapters there is nearly no development.
I thought it was a nice idea and a bit like Octave but like I said nearly nothing interesting happens and even the characters go trough nearly no change or development.
I`m quite disappointed.

last edited at Jan 27, 2015 3:50PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.