Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

We have a date! Serialization will begin on July 18. YuriHub will do the official translation.

Omg! Best News!!!

Do y'all have a link to this yurihub fanbox?

https://www.fanbox.cc/@yurihub-taiyaki/

When I click it says page not found, anybody know if Taiyaki’s fanbox is temporarily down?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

When I click it says page not found, anybody know if Taiyaki’s fanbox is temporarily down?

Apparently it doesn't work with the forward slash at the end for whatever reason.
So correct link is https://www.fanbox.cc/@yurihub-taiyaki

Apparently it doesn't work with the forward slash at the end for whatever reason.
So correct link is https://www.fanbox.cc/@yurihub-taiyaki

Thank you!

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

So if I pay 500 yen a month, I can read all of taiyaki's stuff?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Pretty much. There's also the 1500 yen which gives you early-access versions of some of the published stuff when they're released, but that's mainly for if you wanna give the author some extra support.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Just a heads up that the English version will be released roughly a week after the Japanese releases (which have started up on Taiyaki's JP Fanbox now) as there's a lot more pages to translate and typeset than there are with Easygoing Oyako.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Her style sure got cleaned up, especially if you compare chapter 1 directly ...
... well, I'm really only interested in the changes to story/characters. ^^;

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Pretty much. There's also the 1500 yen which gives you early-access versions of some of the published stuff when they're released, but that's mainly for if you wanna give the author some extra support.

Thanks. Just double checking before I subscribe.

joined Mar 27, 2020

Serialization began last week. THere are already two chapters in Taiyaki's fanbox and 1 translated chapter on YuriHUB

Taiyaki: https://www.fanbox.cc/@tiyk66
YuriHUB: https://www.fanbox.cc/@yurihub-taiyaki/posts/2524521

Basically you can subscribe for 500 yen/5 bucks a month on any of those profiles and you get access to all of Taiyaki's works, in Japanese on Taiyaki's profile and translated to English on YuriHUB

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

It's actually one chapter separated into two parts.

So should we keep discussing it here? Personally I like little changes Taiyaki made. It seems that now she can use her pages more efficiently story-wise. That one strange line from Asuka which I never figured out how to translate correctly because I didn't get the context now changed and finally made sense (I mean that "I won't forgive him" line now instead "serves you right" in the original of course).

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

@Goggled Anon, did I get that right? Is 1 x 1/2 japanese serialization going to be free from now on with 1 month delay from paid version? What about english version?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

@Goggled Anon, did I get that right? Is 1 x 1/2 japanese serialization going to be free from now on with 1 month delay from paid version? What about english version?

For the Japanese version at least, the new version will be posted on Pixiv Comic one month after its Fanbox version. You'll have to ask Yuri Hub about their plans for the English version since I'm not involved with 1x1/2's translation this time around.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Well whaddaya know, looks like Yuri Hub are following suit and making English chapters available for free one month after their paywalled release too! Here's chapter 1 of the reboot: https://www.fanbox.cc/@yurihub-taiyaki/posts/2667615

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

So is it okay now to upload (free) english chapters here? I'm addressing this question to you as well as to moderators right now.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

So is it okay now to upload (free) english chapters here? I'm addressing this question to you as well as to moderators right now.

I would probably assume no, since it's still technically an official release.

Avtest
joined Jan 13, 2020

Back when the previous version was being released as volumes, Taiyaki had to periodically pull older Fanbox digital releases -- if I remember right, this was because an exclusivity clause is applied to titles once they're enrolled in Kindle Unlimited (and KU was very helpful in keeping the series afloat). I don't think there's as much of a chance of that now since this version is being serialized on Pixiv Comics, but having control over distribution is probably important. Even so, it would be nice if some sort of agreement could be made for them to be uploaded here,

I'm hesitant to mention it, but I've been reading both the Japanese and the English versions and I'm not completely insane for thinking「あなたを世界で一番愛した男のDNA」to "the DNA of the man who you loved the most" is backwards and it should be "the DNA of the man who loved you most in the [entire] world" (as in the version here), right? I mean, it doesn't matter all that much at this point because Asuka has no idea as to how bizarre her parents' relationship really was, but it also doesn't flow at all.

edit: Also, the new cover being used for the serialization on Pixiv Comics looks pretty neat..

last edited at Aug 29, 2021 11:52PM

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

@lilyflame, yeah I'm 99% sure that was a mistake in english version.

Screenshot_4
joined Sep 16, 2018

I'm wondering what happened to the manga, can anyone give me a rough explanation? Just haven't seen anything new in a while.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I'm wondering what happened to the manga, can anyone give me a rough explanation? Just haven't seen anything new in a while.

Read just a few posts above you.

joined Aug 15, 2021

umm, so is the yuri hub the part 2 or a remake ?

Avtest
joined Jan 13, 2020

Thanks a bunch for confirming, it seemed like an oddly basic mistake to make for an official translation so I kept thinking I had to have missed something.

It's the remake right now until it catches up to where part 2 would start - you can always check the YH page for the free chapters to see where it's at.

If anyone's interested, finally finished that Akira x Asuka oneshot (~8.3k words), an alternate ending for Room You Can't Escape. If it's not obvious from the premise, CW for all the things you'd generally expect from this manga dialed up to (a soft-ish?) R18 -- Taiyaki said it was OK so I went for it (and tried to make it both fun & meaningful). This is also a significantly more 1x1/2-y story in tone, and for both of those reasons it was a lot more difficult. I'm not super happy with it in a few places, but I'd spent so long on it that the drafts were starting to go in circles...

I probably won't keep posting my own work here since the thread is pretty slow now and it feels weird, but will almost certainly keep writing here and there as the new serialization progresses (I try to write fairly canon-compliant), so if you're interested in future works you can keep an eye on the 1x1/2 tag or my AO3 profile!

Thoughts on the remake so far: my worry was a tighter story might unintentionally get way too intense and make the extended cast feel disposable -- the fun, fluffy meandering is pretty charming and balances out the drama. So I like the light touch where the original worked fine (the dialogue's so similar in places that when I trip over some kanji, it's nice to remember the sentence from memory!)

The changes that were made seem pretty smart so far: I don't really miss stuff like Asuka running into a random old lady instead of someone relevant (and the someone is a fun cameo), and as things progress it looks like we're going to get more scene additions rather than just trimming the fat, and Rui seems more three-dimensional now. A while back I joked that maybe the most awaited plot point here was Ayako finally buying that new bed, and Taiyaki replied that she just never found a good place for it, so I'd laugh if we finally saw it this time around (...eventually!)

last edited at Oct 10, 2021 6:51PM

joined Aug 15, 2021

Thanks a bunch for confirming, it seemed like an oddly basic mistake to make for an official translation so I kept thinking I had to have missed something.

It's the remake right now until it catches up to where part 2 would start - you can always check the YH page for the free chapters to see where it's at.

If anyone's interested, finally finished that Akira x Asuka oneshot (~8.3k words), an alternate ending for Room You Can't Escape. If it's not obvious from the premise, CW for all the things you'd generally expect from this manga dialed up to (a soft-ish?) R18 -- Taiyaki said it was OK so I went for it (and tried to make it both fun & meaningful). This is also a significantly more 1x1/2-y story in tone, and for both of those reasons it was a lot more difficult. I'm not super happy with it in a few places, but I'd spent so long on it that the drafts were starting to go in circles...

I probably won't keep posting my own work here since the thread is pretty slow now and it feels weird, but will almost certainly keep writing here and there as the new serialization progresses (I try to write fairly canon-compliant), so if you're interested in future works you can keep an eye on the 1x1/2 tag or my AO3 profile!

Thoughts on the remake so far: my worry was a tighter story might unintentionally get way too intense and make the extended cast feel disposable -- the fun, fluffy meandering is pretty charming and balances out the drama. So I like the light touch where the original worked fine (the dialogue's so similar in places that when I trip over some kanji, it's nice to remember the sentence from memory!)

The changes that were made seem pretty smart so far: I don't really miss stuff like Asuka running into a random old lady instead of someone relevant (and the someone is a fun cameo), and as things progress it looks like we're going to get more scene additions rather than just trimming the fat, and Rui seems more three-dimensional now. A while back I joked that maybe the most awaited plot point here was Ayako finally buying that new bed, and Taiyaki replied that she just never found a good place for it, so I'd laugh if we finally saw it this time around (...eventually!)

ohh thank you for the reply, instant sub XD. yeah i prefer the original too, i think i will skip the remake but read the easygoing oyako instead.

hehehe i read your work, i love it. akira is my most favorite character in here, just how cool she is.. kinda want to see it in manga form. thank you.

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

@lilyflame, since you are communicating with Tayaki regulary could you please ask her if it's okay to upload english chapters here when free version of them is out? Also thank you for your new story.

Avtest
joined Jan 13, 2020

I don't think it'd be appropriate to bug Taiyaki directly, since she's delegated that stuff out for a reason & it's YH's translation work, but since you posted about it previously I've been considering asking YH when I get the time. For various personal reasons, that probably won't be for a while, so if you'd like to know sooner I'd really suggest emailing (hello@yurihub.com) or DMing @yuri_hub_plus and just asking. They're nice there and I think they'd be open-minded about it (maybe throwing in some links and a short explanation where the credits page would normally go or something?).

I do think embracing how overseas readers discover manga a litlte more would probably be a good business decision as well as a good community decision. There are a ton of natural discovery mechanisms for Japanese readers -- Yuri Navi and the rankings, Amazon recommendations, author cross-promotion, lots of anthologies that don't get scanlated or licensed -- that just don't have any parallels here. For example, a lot of people seemed to be completely unaware that My Sweet Home even existed (much less where to get it) until for whatever reason a group scanlated two random chapters???

Also, Fanbox is an absolutely fantastic monetization system for English-translated manga (accepting intl. credit cards, full English site, none of the sword-of-Damocles content restrictions like Patreon), but it's obviously not a great place to have detailed discussions, and the reader is so bad I just open all the pages in tabs... so I'd definitely like to see it here too.

last edited at Oct 12, 2021 4:08AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.