Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

This Halloween, Asuka has dressed up as Norman Bates.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Roar%20small
joined Dec 18, 2013

Was Asuka always this childish?

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

MOM WINS THIS ROUND.

Itty%20bitty%20demon%20king_2
joined Mar 23, 2019

dats cute~

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

Seems I caught up at the worst possible time lol, that cliffhanger, well maybe not worst. I did miss that long gap between then and this halloween issue. This turned out to be a series with more substance than I ever anticipated.

last edited at Nov 3, 2020 3:02AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Yep. A delicious chapter.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

People really do need to lay off, but it is important that she tells us that she is actually working on the rework. I don't know how she doesn't burn out about it. I would just want to make new story and not go back and rewrite it. I'm glad she's actually working on it, so I'll be patient.

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

What happened to the Sekai Project release of this...? Looks like they erased it from history.

joined Mar 6, 2016

I don’t know if she is going to release the redraw/touch up of 1x1/2 before or after the my sweet home anthology?

Stardusttelepath3
joined Oct 15, 2014

I don’t know if she is going to release the redraw/touch up of 1x1/2 before or after the my sweet home anthology?

Not much I can say officially, but the anthology will likely come first.

Avtest
joined Jan 13, 2020

I was missing the series enough on hiatus and thought I might have come up with a setting that avoided excessive plot speculation, so I wrote a one-shot about Akira at her UK pharma job before she shows up in Vol 3 for New Years. I don't know if it's any good (I haven't done fanfiction in a really long time), but it was fun practice!

Since I know someone asked in the thread earlier about Taiyaki's stance on this stuff: I knew she's friendly to fan works in general, so I double-checked with her to make sure English works were okay. She said she'd be happy to see them no matter the language, and mentioned that any pairings (even het ones, apparently?) and adult content are also OK.

Also, she's graduated from her manga course and now has help with figuring out English translations, so she said she'll be focusing on the 1 x 1/2 reedit this year even if she goes blind and her arm falls off in the process.

last edited at Jan 1, 2021 9:42PM

OrangePekoe Staff
Screenshot_100
joined Mar 20, 2013

Aww, that's so cute. Thanks so much for sharing!

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

@lilyflame
Interesting perspective. Good job and thank you.

Avtest
joined Jan 13, 2020

I'm happy if you liked it! I've really enjoyed everyone's discussions here over all these pages and all the debate over the characters has been really helpful. Maybe except for that one person who claimed Ayako was secretly a witch / demon chimera entity who holds Asuka in magical thrall, I don't think I drew on that one at all, but otherwise it was especially useful to see the variety of opinions on Ayako/Akira's past relationship!

17fc5f58-a1a6-4fda-9386-99deb9efe203
joined Mar 24, 2020

wait this is just gilmore girls with incest-

joined Mar 1, 2021

I may be a bit slow, but is this series over?

Avtest
joined Jan 13, 2020

Check the Vol 9 extras and around page 122 in this thread (the discussion got a little buried). Taiyaki is redrawing and re-editing everything up to this point: she's designated everything up to now the first part of the series and is looking to improve the consistency of the art and narrative before moving forward on the next.

last edited at Mar 2, 2021 12:56AM

Screen%20shot%202020-06-17%20at%2011.44.43%20am%202
joined Jun 16, 2020

Check the Vol 9 extras and around page 122 in this thread (the discussion got a little buried). Taiyaki is redrawing and re-editing everything up to this point: she's designated everything up to now the first part of the series and is looking to improve the consistency of the art and narrative before moving forward on the next.

Okay thanks that’s really informative I could be just sittin here and wait lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.