Forum › Hibike! Euphonium Gets 2 New Films in 2018!!!!!

-vmfsod
joined Feb 28, 2016

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-06-04/sound-euphonium-anime-gets-2-new-films-in-2018/.117003

I'M SO HAPPY THEIR STORIES ARE NOT YET OVER!!!! HYPED!!!

last edited at Jun 4, 2017 1:28PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

They are, because it is not yuri.

Official%20beidou%20cropped
joined May 22, 2016

Yes, right, these two factors entirely correlate, 100% related, of course
Whenever a series gets movies, it's indeed because it's not yuri, no other merits whatsoever

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Whenever a series gets movies, it's indeed because it's not yuri, no other merits whatsoever

She didn't say they're getting movies because they aren't Yuri, She said their stories are over because it's not Yuri. That should've been pretty easy to understand.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Meh.

No yuri, not interested

joined May 22, 2016

She didn't say they're getting movies because they aren't Yuri, She said their stories are over because it's not Yuri. That should've been pretty easy to understand.

And thankfully that still really makes sense?
It's not yuri, so it's over, sure. There's 2 more movies but nah, their stories are over. I'm glad you find it as easy to understand as I do

last edited at Jun 4, 2017 5:54PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

The Nozomi/Mizore movie might be yuri and interesting, though.
Not really interested on the other one.

joined Jun 11, 2016

And thankfully that still really makes sense?
It's not yuri, so it's over, sure. There's 2 more movies but nah, their stories are over. I'm glad you find it as easy to understand as I do

Well to be honest, I don't really see any worth in watching the movies at all because it's just Queerbaiting Garbage. But hey, If you like it then more power to you.

joined May 22, 2016

The series is obviously more than just its ships. If that's all you see and let yourself be disappointed by, then isn't it really your expectations that let you down? Let's just ignore absolutely everything else about the series and focus on how it isn't yuri?
If I started watching cgdct expecting mainstream harem but am disappointed that there's no male self insert, then that show must be shite, right?
Like when people tried watched Soul Eater NOT or Hidan no Aria AA, expecting the spin offs to be like the original series and were disappointed by how it heavily focused on girls and their relationships. Ah man, I thought this cgdct spin off was shonen het, it wasn't, what a shitty anime.
It's not yuri, so it's queerbaiting garbage. Hibike Euphonium: Not Yuri. 0/10.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Well to be honest, I don't really see any worth in watching the movies at all because it's just Queerbaiting Garbage. But hey, If you like it then more power to you.

Lol that summarize the entire series.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

The series is obviously more than just its ships. If that's all you see and let yourself be disappointed by, then isn't it really your expectations that let you down? Let's just ignore absolutely everything else about the series and focus on how it isn't yuri?
If I started watching cgdct expecting mainstream harem but am disappointed that there's no male self insert, then that show must be shite, right?
Like when people tried watched Soul Eater NOT or Hidan no Aria AA, expecting the spin offs to be like the original series and were disappointed by how it heavily focused on girls and their relationships. Ah man, I thought this cgdct spin off was shonen het, it wasn't, what a shitty anime.

A lot of people conflate their subjective feelings on a subject with objective qualities of that subject.

Disliking something doesn't automatically mean that thing is bad.

last edited at Jun 4, 2017 7:49PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Lol that summarize the entire series.

It summarises half the studio's work >_>

joined Jun 11, 2016

The series practically shoves ships in our faces and leads us on to believe that Yuri is going to play a major role in it. This series make's us believe that Kumiko & Reina might lead to something, Except it doesn't, It leads to nothing. The only reason this series ever gave us these boatloads of Subtext is because they just want to lure some Yuri fans in. That's my main problem with this series, It put in some extra amounts of subtext to get some extra fans.

last edited at Jun 4, 2017 8:46PM

joined May 22, 2016

A lot of people conflate their subjective feelings on a subject with objective qualities of that subject.

Myeah, I think that sucks :/
Not being interested in something cus it doesn't match your interests, sure. I just don't find it legit to decide on something's worth based on what genres you were looking for.
Like giving a sea food restaurant a bad review cus you actually wanted steak and walked in the wrong place. This wasn't steak, so it's shit.

joined May 22, 2016

It put in some extra amounts of subtext to get some extra fans.

Subtext isn't anything new.
Besides, I don't see why it being heavy on the subtext invalidates every other single aspect of the series

last edited at Jun 4, 2017 8:46PM

joined Jun 11, 2016

It put in some extra amounts of subtext to get some extra fans.

Subtext isn't anything new.
Besides, I don't see why it being heavy on the subtext invalidates every other single aspect of the series

The animation was brilliant (It's KyoAni so that's not really a surprise), The side characters were pretty annoying and unnecessary, The Plot wasn't anything special, The Drama was a bit contrived & the OST was pretty good. So overall the series wasn't terrible but it wasn't good either. I'd give the series a 3/5 had it not been for the the fact that all of these aspects I just mentioned were overtaken by the insanely large amounts of Subtext that lead to nowhere.

last edited at Jun 4, 2017 9:03PM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

The series practically shoves ships in our faces and leads us on to believe that Yuri is going to play a major role in it. This series make's us believe that Kumiko & Reina might lead to something, Except it doesn't, It leads to nothing. The only reason this series ever gave us these boatloads of Subtext is because they just want to lure some Yuri fans in. That's my main problem with this series, It put in some extra amounts of subtext to get some extra fans.

Pretty early on, Reina admits to liking that teacher. They weren't hiding it from us, at all. It's clear from the beginning that Kumiko and Reina's relationship is not that of lovers, and that they're unlikely to become lovers. Believing that it could come to something might be kinda fun, but if you seriously got your hopes up with this one, then you only have yourself to blame.

Sure there are hints and signs and the usual bullshit, but in this case I think it there to show what an odd person Kumiko is - whatever her sexuality, she just has a very strange way of relating to people. Over and over again, she quickly gets involved with someone on a much deeper level than would be "normal", with the male teacher as well as with several of her female classmates.

That is the point of the show, and the purpose of her interactions with Reina. There was no "bait" - all of this was integral to the show as a whole. It wasn't something they could just ad or remove to target customers.

last edited at Jun 4, 2017 9:55PM

joined Jun 11, 2016

Sure there are hints and signs and the usual bullshit, but in this case I think it there to show what an odd person Kumiko is - whatever her sexuality, she just has a very strange way of relating to people. Over and over again, she quickly gets involved with someone on a much deeper level than would be "normal", with the male teacher as well as with several of her female classmates.

You're making it sound like Kumiko interacts with Reina the same way she interacts with her Classmates/Teachers. Throughout the show, Kumiko seems to act in a very strange way around Reina. A way that make's it seem that she could have some feelings for her, and in a way that she never acts around her friends.

That is the point of the show, and the purpose of her interactions with Reina. Just because their relationship isn't the relationship you decided it was doesn't mean the show lied to you. It means you deliberately ignored any evidence that counters your views.

This "evidence" that the show has given me is just a bunch of mixed messages. The show tells us that Reina has a crush on the teacher but it doesn't really expand beyond that,There aren't any interactions between Reina & the Teacher that suggest that she likes him. All the show tells us is that she seems to have feelings for him. On the other hand with Kumiko though, Kumiko's interactions with Reina are unlike any of her interactions with her other friends or Teachers. These interactions highly suggest that Kumko might be in love with Reina.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

Myeah, I think that sucks :/
Not being interested in something cus it doesn't match your interests, sure. I just don't find it legit to decide on something's worth based on what genres you were looking for.
Like giving a sea food restaurant a bad review cus you actually wanted steak and walked in the wrong place. This wasn't steak, so it's shit.

thats not how the Hibike situation played out though. a more apt analogy would be walking into a seafood restaurant that is advertising steak but being told they dont sell steak when you try to order some.

joined Nov 27, 2016

I'll be honest kyoani is a guilty pleasure and I have loved every teeny tiny tease of hibike yuri they have evily waved in front of me despite knowing how non-canon all of the ships are. So I also am so happy their stories are not over and am HYPED
plus the actual stories, HYPED over that too

last edited at Jun 5, 2017 4:48AM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

You're making it sound like Kumiko interacts with Reina the same way she interacts with her Classmates/Teachers. Throughout the show, Kumiko seems to act in a very strange way around Reina. A way that make's it seem that she could have some feelings for her, and in a way that she never acts around her friends.

This "evidence" that the show has given me is just a bunch of mixed messages. The show tells us that Reina has a crush on the teacher but it doesn't really expand beyond that,There aren't any interactions between Reina & the Teacher that suggest that she likes him. All the show tells us is that she seems to have feelings for him. On the other hand with Kumiko though, Kumiko's interactions with Reina are unlike any of her interactions with her other friends or Teachers. These interactions highly suggest that Kumko might be in love with Reina.

I don't remember the first season so well, but I do remember that Reina seems determined to get closer to the teacher. She chose that school because she knew he'd be teaching there, and she definitely admires him. The point is, they tell us at the outset that she's in love with a man, so it's not like that's just suddenly revealed after hiding it to make us hope for a lesbian romance.

Kumiko is fascinated by Reina. She could be in love with her, it's not really clear. This isn't a romance, so the exact nature of her attraction to Reina simply hasn't been important to the story so far. Also, some of her relationships with other characters get very intense in a similar way, particularly with Asuka.

To me, "yuri-baiting" means that they lure viewers in by suggesting that the show will focus on or at least include lesbian romance, and then don't follow through on that. I just don't think that really happened here. There were times where I thought or hoped that romance might develop between Kumiko and Reina, but I don't feel tricked. Early on it's always unclear what a story is going to focus on. As this one progressed, it became more clear what the show was about, and I think the nature of the relationships they concentrate on makes that ambiguity integral to the story they're trying to tell.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Hibike is known for two things, it's music and it's queerbait. Their date at the festival is the epitome of queerbait. Couldn't find one discussion thread without a long reply thread talking about the queerbaiting. Even the wikia is filled with queerbait. KyoAni made an effort to remove all interactions between Reina and Taki as well as Kumiko and Shuuichi while making Reina and Kumiko closer than they ever were in the light novels, they know full well what they were doing.

last edited at Jun 5, 2017 12:23PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

So is that a season 3 or ovas?
I dreaded a continuation of Season 2 tbh. Because there had been lots of signs that this would end up in het at some point.

Reinas super detailed flustering over Taki was a big foreshadowing of het to me. And also what made me drop the show. I haven't watched it past episode 8 of season 2 and I don't plan to.

The bait is way worse than a genuinely het show. I'd rather have them make Kumiko and Reina completely straight than this. It felt like a big middle finger to queer people. As if they were trying to erase their existence, saying this is just a phase.

I'm trying to avoid getting political in anime, and it's something I don't like seeing either. But Hibike is just an exception. They had been saying this is bot a romance anime, yet there are lots of romance situations in the anime. These produsers are either really really dense, or very snaky and try to false pander to all audiences.

I genuinely expect a Kumiko x Shuichi ending by the end of it.
At least if this didn't get a third sequel, we would have a Kumiko chooses Asuka gay ending to rub into the het fans face.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

There was no "bait" - all of this was integral to the show as a whole. It wasn't something they could just ad or remove to target customers.

They could remove some scenes of episode 8 in season 1.
Reina saying she liked Kumiko.
Reina saying she likes pain and Kumiko responding "that's hot"
Then also Reina running her finger on Kuniko's lips.
Those are clear sings of sexual tension. Noone can say this is just Kumiko being weird, because she didn't do anything like that with anyone else. And that was Reina reciprocating too, as well as getting jealous over Shuichi in some instances.
And if not remove the scenes, slightly change the dialogues to make it seem more friendly and less romantic.

If the this was a guy and a girl doing exactly the same things like Reina and Kumiko, no one would doubt they have feelings for each other.

last edited at Jun 5, 2017 1:30PM

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

This series is the epitome of Queerbait and frankly? I'm fucking done with it, I've gotten tired of dripfeeded coffee undertones and I'm really starting to see a problem with my sexuality being advertised on the tin to make shows more appealing and then never delivering on that.

Tbh I hope these movies fail hard, but they wont because Anime fans eat trash up like nothing else (I mean that should be clear by the fact that Eromanga sensei is actually popular)

last edited at Jun 5, 2017 9:50PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.