Forum › Now Loading…! discussion

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

I have to agree: their relationship isn't really developed much more than "these characters are dating". Especially given their bickering, it'd be nice to see what they're like off the clock.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Well, it remains underwhelming till the very end. Stiff hug/10

Adeptus%20machanicus
joined Mar 7, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/now_loading_ch05#19

This is MINE, you don't get to hold onto her!

joined Dec 18, 2014

142 and 143 are supposed to be one image, I think, so here is how it looks together.
Please excuse the bad editing I don't do this very often.

joined Jun 12, 2012

fin

so its over?
pretty meh. happy ending, but the journey to get there was very lackluster

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

After reading Erica Friedman's article on the "Story A", I can't help seeing it in every yuri manga I read. Even this one, despite its settings, is a classic Story A with an almost-classic girl-prince...

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I just don't get why Nico is moonlighting at a game company and two-timing Maki with this "Sumeza Mari" bimbo*?

*Who's clearly really Eli.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/now_loading_ch02#9

last edited at Apr 21, 2017 5:05PM

Happy%20face
joined Oct 12, 2016

After reading Erica Friedman's article on the "Story A", I can't help seeing it in every yuri manga I read. Even this one, despite its settings, is a classic Story A with an almost-classic girl-prince...

I was curious enough to google the "Story A" and I liked the critique of yuri tropes, which seemed to boil down to 1) lack of clear lesbian identities/awareness and 2) yuri as transient and not expected to last in context of real work/family/life. But for those reasons, I don't think Friedman would consider "Now Loading" a classic "Story A" since Sakurazuki Kaori has an unambiguously "gay heart" and the story also explicitly engages with making an adult relationship work despite job/life pressures.

last edited at Apr 21, 2017 7:51PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I was curious enough to google the "Story A" and I liked the critique of yuri tropes, which seemed to boil down to 1) lack of clear lesbian identities/awareness and 2) yuri as transient and not expected to last in context of real work/family/life. But for those reasons, I don't think Friedman would consider "Now Loading" a classic "Story A" since Sakurazuki Kaori has an unambiguously "gay heart" and the story also explicitly engages with making an adult relationship work despite job/life pressures.

I wasn't referring to her critique, but specifically to the Story A formula, quote: "There is a girl, she likes another girl. The other girl likes her. They like each other. The end." This is basically the plot of this manga, no?

Happy%20face
joined Oct 12, 2016

I wasn't referring to her critique, but specifically to the Story A formula, quote: "There is a girl, she likes another girl. The other girl likes her. They like each other. The end." This is basically the plot of this manga, no?

Yup. But I would note that Friedman does continue, after that playful quote, to write an entire essay elaborating on what she considered the Story A formula, beyond just the jokey summary of "2 girls fall in love. The end."

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Yup. But I would note that Friedman does continue, after that playful quote, to write an entire essay elaborating on what she considered the Story A formula, beyond just the jokey summary of "2 girls fall in love. The end."

True enough.

joined May 24, 2014

Erica friedman is to anime what Anita Sarkeesian is to videogames, dun listen to her shit. Anyway ...

https://appmarketinglabo.com/the-story-of-a-japanese-developer-who-spent-58-000-to-develop-a-game-app-that-only-made-1-200-in-eb8926102d29

Yeah, the market is kinda tough

Happy%20face
joined Oct 12, 2016

Erica friedman is to anime what Anita Sarkeesian is to videogames, dun listen to her shit. Anyway ...

That's a pretty sweet recommendation for Erica considering Anita is a top tier feminist who produces only the finest quality of shit, that good, good feminist killjoy shit. But, from what I can tell, even if you're not ready to let critical feminist analysis into your life - thats got pretty much nothing to do with Erica Friedman. From her essay and skimming her blog, she just seems to be making pretty straightforward critiques and demands rooted in her tastes as an adult lesbian reader interested in stories about adult lesbians more so than any feminist list of grievances. So yeah, kinda bad comparison unless you're just saying you don't like politically and historically engaged women who critique tropes in general.

last edited at May 2, 2017 2:10AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I just can't get over the fact that there are still obsessive nerds who just can't stop freaking out over Anita.

joined May 24, 2014

I just can't get over the fact that there are still obsessive nerds who just can't stop freaking out over Anita.

What obsession? Almost no one cares about her, but she still needs to be watched since she's one of the dumbasses that started this whole "Be PC or ELSE!" movement that we're still suffering to this day.

And also I don't want any nitpicky cow to tell me I'm a sexual predator or potential rapist because I like a specific kind of anime or some similar shit.

You know, I take back what I said about friedman being a cow because I think that
watching a cow burp is even more entretaining than her shit

Happy%20face
joined Oct 12, 2016

Fair enough. Erica's personal dislike of yuri with incest/lolicon stinks of PC sympathies. But hopefully if we keep a good watch on that Anita, maybe the PC movement can be kept at bay and we can all play Witcher 3 without anyone saying offensive shit about us.

last edited at May 2, 2017 6:49PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What obsession? Almost no one cares about her, but she still needs to be watched since she's one of the dumbasses that started this whole "Be PC or ELSE!" movement that we're still suffering to this day.

And also I don't want any nitpicky cow to tell me I'm a sexual predator or potential rapist because I like a specific kind of anime or some similar shit.

You know, I take back what I said about friedman being a cow because I think that
watching a cow burp is even more entretaining than her shit

You sound upset.

joined May 24, 2014

Fair enough. Erica's personal dislike of yuri with incest/lolicon stinks of PC sympathies. But hopefully if we keep a good watch on that Anita, maybe the PC movement can be kept at bay and we can all play Witcher 3 without anyone saying offensive shit about us.

Whatever they say doesn't really matters, is how many idiots they get to believe their shit

last edited at May 2, 2017 9:05PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Okay, this is fun but cut it out. The whole "Anita is bad, PC is bad, blah blah" is profoundly off topic. I'm sure you can find a receptive audience for it on Reddit or something.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

That raises the question though, mobile yuri game when?

There actually is one! It's release kept getting delayed but it's finally out now. I didn't play very far myself but it's pretty cute, basically a mobage dating sim but yuri. It's cool cuz it's being specifically marketed towards a female audience!

These are the current romance options:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzqLCDNUcAA3Ag-.jpg

Link (Note: It will only work on mobile.)

What's it called?

last edited at Jun 19, 2017 9:02AM by Nezchan

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

This was so good. I'm just so happy to see actual freaking romance and not the will they, won't they crap.

CertainPudding
joined Jan 9, 2018

http://www.sevenseasentertainment.com/2018/03/12/two-women-playtest-love-in-seven-seas-license-of-now-loading-manga/

Don't understand why Seven Seas would license an one-shot doujin out of the blue. I mean, this thing is pretty nice, but truth be told, it doesn't have anything remarkable. Mediocre story, pretty interesting but underdeveloped characters, less cuteness than New Game, etc... The only thing Now Loading has that New Game doesn't is the yuri, no subtext whatsoever, just yuri. Even so, the yuri is kind of lame.

Make no mistake, I'm here for the yuri. Anything yuri and cute is accepted. But I really think Seven Seas should choose a better candidate for publication.

last edited at Mar 14, 2018 10:54PM

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

What is this, an actual yuri couple in my yuri mango? I think it has the potential to be a cute okay thing so far. Not very interested in any character but the main two, sadly. I wonder if blonde 2 and glasses-chan could have possible dated in the past?

edit: ah okay, it was this short lol, meh

last edited at Mar 15, 2018 12:29PM

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

as a lesbian in game dev, I need more of this kind of thing. a lot more

To reply you must either login or sign up.