Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

The ending is quite abrupt so you may be correct. In the way of publishers, it always is these online folks who are just miles and miles ahead of the pack in terms of being awful, so the cut chapters aren't surprising in the least.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

So we got an upload request so I read this whole thing and I'm all ready to upload it just one more click to finish the deed and then I realise...this is licensed...and readily available online... facepalm

It's not good. But it's not terrible either, and it at least has a few redeeming, and possibly unique features (I wouldn't know, since I don't read this genre...). So to perhaps spread a little good out of my unfortunate encounter, if you like gender bender with a side of yuri shipping with ambiguous yuri-ish end and girl end then maybe this is for you? And you can buy it too, if you want to: Ore ga... Yuri!? (the purchase link is on the MDex page)

Also it's super ecchi just because of course it is. This isn't a recommendation so don't @ me when you hate it!

Lol, I remember requesting that a while ago (back when there were only a couple chapters typeset and I hadn't seen the raws). It was very axed and also, uh, not very good. Which is too bad - there really aren't that many Gender Bender Yuri series.

last edited at May 15, 2020 10:12PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It is surprising indeed, there are many gender bender stories where the guy turns into a girl and is like "guess I like pp now :|" and they end with their best friend.

A greeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaatttt recomendation imo would be https://mangadex.org/title/19517/kenja-no-deshi-wo-nanoru-kenja It's one of my favorite fantasy isekai right now, perhaps the best!!! Beautiful drawings, beautiful main characters, it's fun, all the characters are lovable and the series doesn't try to rush the plot or make ir edgy, a lot of times the manga just relaxes and lets the former guy enjoy her new body, trying costumes, eating sweets or doing cute stuff and then the next moment she's on a quest flying a dragon and it's super cool.

Some people might be familiar with the artist of this manga too hehe https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/dicca_suemitsu

Lastly you will ask, how about the yuri?! Well, I don't want to spoil anything but you won't be disappointed, all I can say is that the change didnt change her taste.

Of course I will avoid any discussion about wheter genderbend can be considered "true yuri" or not, that's up to each reader.

This is a recomendation if you don't like it, I will fight you 1 on 1 after school go ahead and @ me

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I think I may have just invented the most blursed coctail of them all. Before I say the ingredients, though, I need to explain why it's blursed. It's blessed because it tastes so good, but it's cursed because the ingredients put in it aren't stuff someone is supposed to mix in the first place (tho I did). The ingredients are coca-cola, milk and tap water.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Genderbender isn't my cup of tea in general so shrug

Anyway, I downloaded the new Showbyrock game...I completely forgot it was out.
The opening animation is really pretty. I only did the tutorial(because I have to AK), the tap timing is SUPER generous which means its one of the easier rhythm games. It looks like it might be fully voice acted but I'm not sure.

The gacha is very similar to LL all stars: loads of paid only banners...actually, it does not look as bad as LL's mega whale packs lol

Everyone is L2D now and they are absolutely adorable. But because of the all the l2d, "new" bands will probably take a while. Mashmaresh is here, obvs.

I'll update when I unlock more things. Probably some yuri in the side stories, as usual.

The ingredients are coca-cola, milk and tap water.

That does not sound healthy lol

last edited at May 16, 2020 7:49AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

Some people might be familiar with the artist of this manga too hehe https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/dicca_suemitsu

Oh nice. I remember Reversible was pretty good. Thanks for recommendation, I'll give it a shot.

If we're on topic of Isekais and Gender Benders.

It's tagged as yuri and starts promising, but later took a turn into direction I didn't really like and I stopped reading it so can't guarantee anything https://mangadex.org/title/21828/tensei-kyuuketsuki-san-wa-ohirune-ga-shitai

Also no clue about quality in general, because I only checked first chapter, but here is rare Isekai with female protagonist https://mangadex.org/title/36246/dad-is-a-hero-mom-is-a-spirit-i-m-a-reincarnator

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I remember that vampire, but the guy just can't give a fuck about anything when he was isekai'd, it was supposed to look funny but to me, it seemed pedantic so I couldn't go beyond ch1, and after your warning and considering it's going below 7 in score, I guess things don't improve too much.

I'm following like 3 or 5 more like this, some aren't genderbend but still strike as yuri like the witch who killed 3000 or 30000 slimes... They're fun because it's fantasy, but I guess what matters most is the protagonist's personality

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I do that but only with my avatar, I even noticed that depending on the character I pick for my profile, my behavior could change a bit, so I try not to use angry characters or lifeless eyes, because chances are people won't remember your name even after a year but they will associate your comments to your image more easily, after all I remember your comments but not your previous nicknames. I'm glad you found some job, it's actually great because getting the things you want with your own power cheers you up, builds confidence and most importantly you can spend it all in gatcha games and get noth- just kidding, don't do that! Btw I just bough cake... Money well spend :)

I only feel terrible when I compare myself with people who have more or apparently do more, nowadays doing something is actually pretty easy, barely an inconvenience! Many things can be learned just in youtube after all so it all comes down to finding something you think is cool to do.

Unless you want to be a doctor, you can't learn that in youtube.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Bruh I turned 41 back in March and had to spend it alone because I have to self isolate or legit risk death with Covid19. I've barely seen another human face to face since then. I've been disabled and havent worked since 2011, and it will be like this for the rest of my life. Also, hopelessly single, sigh, and will also probably stay that way for the rest of my life. And it's not like I had some great life before this disability bullshit. So I get the angst and bad feels.

But on the bright side this lifestyle means the covid thing hasn't changed my life much at all. I have not had to deal with the stress and struggle so many have. And I finally got my hands on an Oculus Quest which should be here Monday, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Thanks for sharing all that. It's awkward but this sense of community is the reason I decided to open up a bit last time.
My birthday was in late April, I'm with mom and dad rn. I kinda miss solitude tbh.
Anyways, both mum and I are good in the kitchen so she made a (very dry) lasagna and a cheesecake. It wasn't too bad because of that but still kinda depressing.

I'm still unpaid don't worry so I don't want to buy anything expensive. I bought One Piece PW3 on Switch...even tho I already finished it on pc lol
I actually planned on buying a VR set on day 1 to be a VR druggie but decided not to.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/75573237
Azur Lane Cleve x Helena

My favourite webnovel (I favor the villainess, official English title is "I am in love with the villainess") is getting a light novel + a manga this year!

The manga will start to be serialized in the August issue of Yurihime, which will be released on June 18, also volume one of the light novel is getting an English release November 11

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yarngirl thank you very much for the wonderful news!? I had the feeling it would get a manga eventually but knowing for sure makes me way too happy!

I just need to avoid spoilers from both novels =w=

Oh everyone wants s switch now ... Huh... I find it way too expensive (games and the console itself) so I'll try an emulator that made great progress recently to play splatoon, zelda and...hmmm that's pretty much it Oh! Mario Odyssey of course.

Thanks for the Cleveland picture!! Makes me mad, one of the most prominent ships in the series but didn't get anything in the anime.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ COUGH COUGH THREE HOUSES DO IT FOR OUR GAY EMPEROR! Get a switch lite COUGH COUGH

Yeah...the AL anime didn't deliver.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/81462441
Gochiusa Chino x Cocoa

Also some Vtuber treasured memories

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/81168229

last edited at May 18, 2020 8:42AM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMFG GUYS

GUYS

GUYS

I ordered an Oculus Quest last week when I was lucky enough to finally find some in stock (on Walmart.com in this case), cuz these things were already hard to get since before Christmas and The Rona has made it nigh impossible

I had some issues with the order, it was stuck in pending mode for days even though my card was charged the $400+tax, finally called in and spent over 2 hours on the phone (I have WICKED bad phone anxiety) and got it all straightened out.

Well today is the day it was supposed to arrive. I am legit excited like a little girl at Christmas so I couldn't sleep last night, so sleep deprivation on top of super excitement, I can't get any more wound up, yeah?

So my delivery gets here and I open the box and this is what is inside:

I LITERALLY CAN'T EVEN RIGHT NOW

THE EXCITEMENT HAS PUSHED ME INTO FULL BASIC WHITE GIRL MODE

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oh MY GOD O_O 2?! wow YOU LUCKY GREY!!that's incredible!!! I've only seen that happen to a friend years ago but with a cheap cpu... Well then, enjoy hahahaha you should treasure it !!!! enjoy it and yup... it's totally within your right to go full KYAAAAAAAAA right now hahaha

If you use both at the same time you can even see the matrix

last edited at May 18, 2020 6:19PM

I finally watched Fragtime and I actually enjoyed it, idk why people were complaining about it so much

Img_20151017_114821
joined May 8, 2020

I'm going in. I'm gonna start reading NTR Netsuzou Trap. The anime made so frustrated, but I want to see where the manga goes. Wish me luck.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

YarnGirl posted:

I finally watched Fragtime and I actually enjoyed it, idk why people were complaining about it so much

It's fine if you didn't read the manga. Manga is simply better. I still think it feels rushed and girls have no chemistry regardless. For me personally it's just the typical fear of "people will only watch anime and judge it based on it and will never touch source material, when it's much better and deserves recognition" thing. Also literally only 2 people on entire forum commented about anime, so I'm curious where you saw "people complaining about it so much".

last edited at May 19, 2020 7:18AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I'm going in. I'm gonna start reading NTR Netsuzou Trap. The anime made so frustrated, but I want to see where the manga goes. Wish me luck.

Anime adaptation was a failure. 9 minutes episodes really ?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMFG GUYS

GUYS

GUYS

I ordered an Oculus Quest last week when I was lucky enough to finally find some in stock (on Walmart.com in this case), cuz these things were already hard to get since before Christmas and The Rona has made it nigh impossible

I had some issues with the order, it was stuck in pending mode for days even though my card was charged the $400+tax, finally called in and spent over 2 hours on the phone (I have WICKED bad phone anxiety) and got it all straightened out.

Well today is the day it was supposed to arrive. I am legit excited like a little girl at Christmas so I couldn't sleep last night, so sleep deprivation on top of super excitement, I can't get any more wound up, yeah?

So my delivery gets here and I open the box and this is what is inside:

Noice! I'm legit jealous lol

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/73317526
Erolive Mea x Aqua

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Not to rain on your parade, but was it intentional or they just made a mistake? You sure you don't need to send 1 back ^ ^"?

YarnGirl posted:

It's fine if you didn't read the manga. Manga is simply better. I still think it feels rushed and girls have no chemistry regardless. For me personally it's just the typical fear of "people will only watch anime and judge it based on it and will never touch source material, when it's much better and deserves recognition" thing. Also literally only 2 people on entire forum commented about anime, so I'm curious where you saw "people complaining about it so much".

I have read the manga, also most of the complaints I saw were on different sites

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

"What Your Favorite Sailor Moon Ship Says About You"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu6NhI9EwHs

Nearly 30 years, and people are still crazy enough about this show to make videos like this one.

Btw, it's hard for me to pick just one answer... too many choices I like... I'll just say that 1) yes, I really like Utena, 2) it's good to have Taco Girl on your side, and 3) anyone messes with my baby Hotaru, hell yeah, I KILL.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Wow, that is actually insane. Congrats! Hope you have a lot of fun with it :)

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Not to rain on your parade, but was it intentional or they just made a mistake? You sure you don't need to send 1 back ^ ^"?

They made a mistake, I paid for one and they sent me two. No I don't need to send one back. I would do so if I was buying from like an independent shop but this is Walmart so my morals slide a bit.

To reply you must either login or sign up.