Forum › Yuzumori-san discussion

H10620%20-%20copia
joined Jun 3, 2017

...looks to me that Ririha does have a big soft spot for Yuzu. Anybody? BTW, I feel bad for Shiori. Loli can hurt.

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

komugi posted:

I dying here checking the official website... I really need to see what happens next!!!! but the raws aren't out yet

if I'm not mistaken, the next chapter comes out on November 27th

NANI?! http://yawaspi.com/yuzumori/comic/034_001.html I WAS NOT PREPARED FOR THIS

And here goes the translation: https://pastebin.com/dJppc1nU

joined Jun 12, 2015

^Kuma shock!

joined Jan 18, 2017

That last Panel i'm not sure an arm should bend like that.

last edited at Nov 28, 2017 12:36AM

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

Ok, I just don't understand...

First, Ririha wants to "completely rob that which Yuzumori hold dear". And lets agree that could made Yuzumori sad and cry, right? (chap.18.2)

Second, Ririha gets annoyed when Yuzumori dont become sad (chap.25)

And now, when Ririha sees Yuzumori crying she helps her?
WTF logic is that? First Ririha tries to upset Yuzumori, and finnaly when Yuzumori gets upset she helps her...

You could say that is because Yuzumori was getting "abused" by an older girl... But c'mon... It's not like the scene was a creepy old man trying to touch her special spot! (in that case I could believe that Ririha would help because that's fucked up) The scene was: a cool looking older girl scolding a child. Teens scold kids all the time... and kids cries all the time for stupid reasons... Ririha overeacted... Even Isuzu was like "what are you doing you crazy slut!?"

But yeah, I guess Ririha is lesbian for Yuzumori after all...

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

Ok, I just don't understand...

First, Ririha wants to "completely rob that which Yuzumori hold dear". And lets agree that could made Yuzumori sad and cry, right? (chap.18.2)

Second, Ririha gets annoyed when Yuzumori dont become sad (chap.25)

And now, when Ririha sees Yuzumori crying she helps her?
WTF logic is that? First Ririha tries to upset Yuzumori, and finnaly when Yuzumori gets upset she helps her...

You could say that is because Yuzumori was getting "abused" by an older girl... But c'mon... It's not like the scene was a creepy old man trying to touch her special spot! (in that case I could believe that Ririha would help because that's fucked up) The scene was: a cool looking older girl scolding a child. Teens scold kids all the time... and kids cries all the time for stupid reasons... Ririha overeacted... Even Isuzu was like "what are you doing you crazy slut!?"

But yeah, I guess Ririha is lesbian for Yuzumori after all...

First
Rob what you hold dear, so you won't have anything and become mine
Second
She annoyed because Yuzumori are not lonely so she can't approach her
Now
My assummtion, she thought that's another lover of Yuzumori, the kind that abuses her

last edited at Nov 28, 2017 9:22AM

H10620%20-%20copia
joined Jun 3, 2017

First
Second
Now
My assummtion, she thought that's another lover of Yuzumori, the kind that abuses her

First and Second: my thoughts exactly.
Now:
I think Ririha just acted impulsively when she saw Yuzumori crying because somebody's bullying her. I doubt she had any rational thought like assuming Shiori was "another lover" of hers.

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

First
Second
Now

Now:
I think Ririha just acted impulsively when she saw Yuzumori crying because somebody's bullying her. I doubt she had any rational thought like assuming Shiori was "another lover" of hers.

First Not after Ririha threatened Yuzumori. Do you guys really find that scene on the bathroom appealing? I find it quite disturbing...

Second: Yeah... "After I throw you in the shit I can approach you..." Do you guys enjoy BDSM behaviors? XD

Now: Is probably because of the bullying. But still makes no sense... Apparently only Ririha can bully Yuzumori...

joined Mar 20, 2017

First
Second
Now

Now:

First Not after Ririha threatened Yuzumori. Do you guys really find that scene on the bathroom appealing? I find it quite disturbing...

Second: Yeah... "After I throw you in the shit I can approach you..." Do you guys enjoy BDSM behaviors? XD

Now: Is probably because of the bullying. But still makes no sense... Apparently only Ririha can bully Yuzumori...

Some people (and exspecially kids), when they really want a thing, they will do anything that seems like a good plan, until they realize they have fucked it up.

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

Some people (and exspecially kids), when they really want a thing, they will do anything that seems like a good plan, until they realize they have fucked it up.

That's true!

H10620%20-%20copia
joined Jun 3, 2017

That's true!

I'm sympathetic to Ririha. I'm not justifying her actions, but imagine having a crush on somebody and feeling helpless because you don't know what to do with that, or how to get their attention. Then, you find out the girl you like is happy with somebody else. Some people would react by slipping away and trying to get over their "love". Ririha has her own (fascinating, IMO) way to deal with it.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Yeah, no, this manga has no room for logic anymore. Mangaka is just throwing shit on the page and seeing what sticks.

I really need to change my profile pic.

last edited at Nov 28, 2017 12:27PM

joined Mar 20, 2017

Yeah, no, this manga has no room for logic anymore. Mangaka is just throwing shit on the page and seeing what sticks.

I really need to change my profile pic.

Please do

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kids not acting rationally is nothing extraordinary ... Ririha is just really bad dealing with her feelings for Yuzumori

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Now, I ship it. More than Kaede and Mimika anyway.

joined Jan 18, 2017

Maybe ririha confessed to yuzumori and she said no that's why yuri left their group. So maybe she hold a grudge against yuri for that and would explain her actions in the bathroom obsessive, angry, and jealous. But despite all of that she hasn't gotten over her feelings or still harbors some she is unwilling to let go and that's why she acted that way when she saw yuzumori crying.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Kids not acting rationally is nothing extraordinary ... Ririha is just really bad dealing with her feelings for Yuzumori

Being the only one allowed to make her cry is not just acting irrationally, its fucking psychotic.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Lol, half the time back in primary school, kids expressed their romantic crushes by bullying their interests. I can totally see where Ririha is coming from. And yes, I even remember the "only one allowed to bully her". Judging by my nephews, things have not changed much over decades, so really, this is just how kids behave. I can see why it would seem psychotic to a grown-up, but like, kids. Primary school kids. Rationality. What even.
Also, kids do not exactly have finely calibrated good-bad scale, it is the period when they are learning this, so you can actually reasonably expect them to be more flexible, shall we say, in this sense, than adults.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Were those primary kids dating highschool girls or already have modeling careers? No?

I guess that's just the convenience of having child characters. You can have them smart enough to recognize a romantic relationship, devise a plan to invoke the idiots sacrifice to get them to break up while hoping they dont talk about it, and excuse it because she is mature and wise beyond her years. But then come back and have her regress to preschool mentality to explain that she is essentially just pulling the girl she like's pig tails, because "children, duh" and some people will just let it go. It's cognitive dissonance, is Ririha more mature then a child or isnt she? Pick one, trying to have it both ways just makes it look like bad writing.

joined Mar 20, 2017

Were those primary kids dating highschool girls or already have modeling careers? No?

I guess that's just the convenience of having child characters. You can have them smart enough to recognize a romantic relationship, devise a plan to invoke the idiots sacrifice to get them to break up while hoping they dont talk about it, and excuse it because she is mature and wise beyond her years. But then come back and have her regress to preschool mentality to explain that she is essentially just pulling the girl she like's pig tails, because "children, duh" and some people will just let it go. It's cognitive dissonance, is Ririha more mature then a child or isnt she? Pick one, trying to have it both ways just makes it look like bad writing.

Being mature and wise beyond her years indeed, but like i said before, the selfishness can make you do stupid shits even if you're adult.

You want something -> You think you're clever and comes up with a brilliant plan to get that -> Plan didn't work out as you expected -> You realize (or not) that you were wrong

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Being mature and wise beyond her years indeed, but like i said before, the selfishness can make you do stupid shits even if you're adult.

Except you didn't. You blamed her behavior entirely on the fact that she is a child. If an adult acted like this then getting a retraining order would be child's play.

You want something -> You think you're clever and comes up with a brilliant plan to get that -> Plan didn't work out as you expected -> You realize (or not) that you were wrong

Several issues. First, Ririha doesn't seem to understand what she wants. She's smart enough to easily trick a young adult but too stupid enough to figure out her own basic emotions. Second, her plan worked exactly as she intended. She took away everything from Yuzumori that she held dear. There is nothing here showing that she has realized that what she did was wrong. She is a fucking psycho attacking random people over shit that she caused.

joined Mar 20, 2017

Except you didn't. You blamed her behavior entirely on the fact that she is a child. If an adult acted like this then getting a retraining order would be child's play.

I said...

Some people (and especially kids), when they really want a thing, they will do anything that seems like a good plan, until they realize they have fucked it up.

Which means adults and a lot of kids. I guess my shitty English is the reason I couldn't deliver it to you

My point was, when selfishness > reason, you would do foolish stuffs that you think it's clever.

Several issues. First, Ririha doesn't seem to understand what she wants. She's smart enough to easily trick a young adult but too stupid enough to figure out her own basic emotions. Second, her plan worked exactly as she intended. She took away everything from Yuzumori that she held dear. There is nothing here showing that she has realized that what she did was wrong. She is a fucking psycho attacking random people over shit that she caused.

First, it's WE the readers who didn't understand what she wants.

Second, her plan was to make Yuzumori lonely so she can have her, but Yuzu got along well with her classmates so the plan failed miserably. Actually I already had this thought since the bathroom scene, then it got removed after Mimika's break up, now it's back.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

If you are going to whisk away shitty writing with something as vague as "selfishness" then that's your own prerogative. If the character is acting insane pointing out that insane people exist doesn't make it any better.

And no, its clear that she doesnt understand what she wants. She is not trying to make friends with Yuzumori, she is bullying her and openly admitted to wanting to make her miserable. If your theory is true then that just makes the terrible writing stand out even more. When is Ririha suppose to make Yuzumori hers? Why did she not try this after Yuzumori lost all her friends? Why did Ririha not try to get close to her after she broke up with Mamika? If she is trying to make Yuzumori lonely in order to swoop on then why has she not tried to swoop in yet? It seems that after she fucks up Yuzumoris life she just acts like nothing happened. She is not trying to get close to Yuzumori herself and the bathroom scene proves that. If she wanted to trick Yuzumori onto becoming her one and only friend then why openly threaten her to her face instead of ruining her life secretly? Does she expect Yuzumori to like her after admitting to ruinning her life? If so then this is worst than I originally thought.

H10620%20-%20copia
joined Jun 3, 2017

If you are going to whisk away shitty writing with something as vague as "selfishness" then that's your own prerogative.

Hi, can you please expound on why do you consider this a "shitty writing"? I'm genuinely curious.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

If you are going to whisk away shitty writing with something as vague as "selfishness" then that's your own prerogative.

Hi, can you please expound on why do you consider this a "shitty writing"? I'm genuinely curious.

Characters acting out of character, like a smart and mature child all the sudden acting moronic and ignorant. Or invoking tropes in the worst of ways, such as Mamika breaking up over Yuzumori not having friends without actually talking to her about the issue. Or characters getting weirdly specific amnesia and forgetting past events, such as Yuzumori not remembering Ririha confronting her in the bathroom and directly threatening her. Weird that she didn't remember that after Mamika broke up with her after talking with Ririha. You'd think she would be a little curious as to what Ririha told her.

But no, let's just forget all that because typical melodrama beats out an interesting almost-realistic look at a lolicon and her gay relationship.

To reply you must either login or sign up.