Forum › Yurika's Campus Life discussion

joined Mar 23, 2013

Also, this.

Even though Saori isn't into yuri at all (obviously, ne?), she says one of the best take on yuri I've read, in just a few sentences.

It's exactly what yuri is about.

Hence, the sentence often met in yuri : "we really are the same".

Quite true. But I'm always confused by this "we are the same".
Two girls hook up but they are not the same at all especially if one is a different archetype than the other. They have different hobbies, ideals, etc...

The thing that makes them "the same" is their body or at least that's what they show you in Yuri. I would say gender but that's not true because how often do we see trans girls? Not often at all.

Edit: What I meant to say is that, surprinsingly enough or not, the physical is very important and this girl is not right. At least that's my take on it.

last edited at Apr 24, 2015 5:14AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

My take is, she disn't say the physical was not important or irrelevant. She did say that the mental aspect is more important in yuri than in other romances, because it's deemed "unnatural" by society. So, it's a quest to find someone like you, like finding a pin in a haystack

And "we are the same", is perfectly explained here I think. The things that makes them the same isn't only their body, it's everything : their love for each other, their desires, the fact that they are "out of mainstream" and their bodies of course. Both are looking for a soulmate, someone who will match with them, someone they can "fuse" with.

At least, I think it's like this in a lot of classical yuri. "We are the same" is a sentence Mari says when she makes love with Akko in Girl Friends. Because she was desperate to be accepted as she can not help to be, and finding her loved one being "the same" in body and desires, is a huge relief for her.

And I can't remember where else right now, but I'm sure I've read that sentence every so often in yuri stories.

And if you've watched Yuri Kuma Arashi, the ending illustrates exactly this. To be "the same" makes your love true.

last edited at Apr 24, 2015 5:59AM

joined Mar 23, 2013

My take is, she disn't say the physical was not important or irrelevant. She did say that the mental aspect is more important in yuri than in other romances, because it's deemed "unnatural" by society. So, it's a quest to find someone like you, like finding a pin in a haystack

And "we are the same", is perfectly explained here I think. The things that makes them the same isn't only their body, it's everything : their love for each other, their desires, the fact that they are "out of mainstream" and their bodies of course. Both are looking for a soulmate, someone who will match with them, someone they can "fuse" with.

At least, I think it's like this in a lot of classical yuri. "We are the same" is a sentence Mari says when she makes love with Akko in Girl Friends. Because she was desperate to be accepted as she can not help to be, and finding her loved one being "the same" in body and desires, is a huge relief for her.

And I can't remember where else right now, but I'm sure I've read that sentence every so often in yuri stories.

I think most people can understand this but I can see why anyone who has an "alternative" love life can relate more deeply. You've given way more thoughts to this than I that's for sure.Then again it's 6 in the morning and I haven't slept. Thanks for doing the mental gymnastsics so I don't have to!

And if you've watched Yuri Kuma Arashi, the ending illustrates exactly this. To be "the same" makes your love true.

I haven't watched an anime from start to finish since last fall, stupid days need to have more than 24 hours in them.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yeah, I relate a lot. Though yuri has often little to do with how real life goes, I know that much. You'd have to read honey honey or Lesbian Solo to get closer to reality.

But the feelings in yuri resonate deeply. The more I read yuri, the more my heart turns into a soft pink marshmallow... T_T

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

this should get anime.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I agree with this mostly. But c'mon, actually IN yuri it's more like finding a certain pin in a heap of pins. Take the manga we're commenting on for example. Heterosexuality doesn't exist.

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

can we change the player tag to playa tag it just seems so much better

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Ohoho the next target acquired~

joined Sep 11, 2014

There's actually someone mightier than Yurika? Things just got interesting

Aoi
joined Jul 1, 2014

Ok, that was... a bit hard to read for me..

last edited at Jun 18, 2015 2:37PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

This never gets boring.

Wolfsister%20cara
joined Feb 10, 2013

In other words, Yurika has seduced us all.

LOL xDDDD

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Yay it's back! Aha Casanova's seducing tactics would have had me running for the hills....

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

That "fake accent".. It was kinda annoying to read.
And it would be a turn-off if someone did that :p

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

A new seductress? This is turning into a yuri (shounen) battle manga, isn't it? xD

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

A new seductress? This is turning into a yuri (shounen) battle manga, isn't it? xD

"A new challenger appear!"

Psx_20160306_172109
joined Mar 21, 2013

if this was a male protagonist harem I wouldn't read it but everything changes when its yuri.
does this make me a shallow person?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

And then a new challenger rises to the stage...
Again...

joined Mar 23, 2013

if this was a male protagonist harem I wouldn't read it but everything changes when its yuri.
does this make me a shallow person?

"It's okay when girls do it!"

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Yay it's back! Aha Casanova's seducing tactics would have had me running for the hills....

My ironclad willing suspension of disbelief popped like a soap bubble and I burst out with "There's no way any woman in this entire world would find that seductive!!"

My "willing suspension of disbelief" is in the shipyard for repairs since I do want to read the rest of this.

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

a break! and oooooh, nice, a new one! This would be interesting!

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Hohohohoho, sucha great chapter.

It was nice having a different character as the focus for once. And gotta say, that dorm mother is really sexy

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

I think the next chapter will be about yurika and the casanova trying to save the girls with there own womanly ways

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Reuploaded the chapter with a page fixed (and a credits pages omission of mine corrected, orz).

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I can't wait for Yurika and Casanova to get down and dirty. That'd prove an interesting battle.

And a new challenger appears. Who will probably try to seduce Yurika and prostitute her.

I died of laugh with the line about "No fingerprint on that finger because of all the rubbing"

At that too http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yurikas_campus_life_ch18#16 (the thumb between the fingers means "sex")

I wonder if she's using kansaiben.

last edited at Jun 19, 2015 1:36AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.