Forum › Anime season

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Well that half-of-cup story was pretty ghostly.
And then there's river of life and stuff...

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Just found out there's a Mushishi movie releasing on May 16, by the way.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Mushishi is mostly low-key, but it does get kind of messed up at times and a decent number of the stories end badly. Not terribly scary, but not always pleasant

last edited at May 10, 2015 9:13PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

A lot of the concepts in Mushishi are pretty horrible, when you think of them. But it's more of an existential horror rather than an "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH ZOMBIES!!!!!" sort of horror. Like the flower cave, or the one that's weak to mirrors, for instance.

Personally I love stories like that, with a lot of mystery and takes its time to tell the story. I wish there were more of it.

joined Mar 23, 2013

A lot of the concepts in Mushishi are pretty horrible, when you think of them.

They are, it reminds of things you can easily miss when it's not "in your face". A while ago I replayed FFX and noticed just how dark the world is. I was much younger in 2002 and I didn't notice well enough. Things like Seymour Guado mother's fate for example.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

If anyone has a moderate appetite for het romance this season, Ore Monogatari!! is the way to go for diabetes, after the first 3 episodes it looks like (yes I'm behind).

last edited at May 10, 2015 11:07PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

If anyone has a moderate appetite for het romance this season, Ore Monogatari!! is the way to go for diabetes, after the first 3 episodes it looks like (yes I'm behind).

Screw the relationship, Bromance is where it's at.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Screw the relationship, Bromance is where it's at.

I finished episode 2 IIRC. I don't really like the girl's design and I'm not used to her voice yet. Will stay on my hold list for a while. Kind of unfortunate too 'cause I love Chihayafuru's design.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm not too into het this season, not when Show By Rock! is doing so soooo goood!!! The surprise of the season for me!! And the guys, I love them! so frigging hilarious

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

I'm not too into het this season, not when Show By Rock! is doing so soooo goood!!! The surprise of the season for me!! And the guys, I love them! so frigging hilarious

dude i seriously get so excited watching this show it gives me yuribetes...I love this so much i didnt freaking expect this to be so good!

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Kiniro Mosaic is feeling more and more yuri as episodes pop up.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Not really. It's merely cute subtext, because there's 0 male characters. The only one I can remember is Alice's father in the 1st ep.

The only thing we may be able to see is Aya and Kyouko holding hands, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

The characters are particularly childish for high schoolers (or even the teachers for that matter).

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Not really. It's merely cute subtext, because there's 0 male characters. The only one I can remember is Alice's father in the 1st ep.

Calling it now, the father gets the harem.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

The only thing we may be able to see is Aya and Kyouko holding hands, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

The characters are particularly childish for high schoolers (or even the teachers for that matter).

Aya is tsundere as fuck towards Yoko.

Also, when did subtext ever stop us? I am calling it, Karen is gunning for the Teacher-Student romance route

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

There's also no male characters in Yuru Yuri or 90% of all yuri set in all girl schools. And childish or not, gay is gay.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Oh, Aya, Shino and Alice are clearly as gay as rainbows, but the innocent kind of gay. They have zero sex drive.

Each time I watch an episode of Kiniro, my teeth are rotting.

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Oh, Aya, Shino and Alice are clearly as gay as rainbows, but the innocent kind of gay. They have zero sex drive.

Each time I watch an episode of Kiniro, my teeth are rotting.

Yes,the innocent kind of gay, which is very sweet I think, plus Shino wears very odd clothes , and for some reason that is beyond cool.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

I am calling it, Karen is gunning for the Teacher-Student romance route

But HonokaxKaren OTP.

KatzeDerNacht
joined Apr 27, 2014

I am calling it, Karen is gunning for the Teacher-Student romance route

But HonokaxKaren OTP.

Yes!! Honoka / Karen <3

KatzeDerNacht
joined Apr 27, 2014

Ah Otone is finally shown in Mikagura Gakuen etc.... nice, I am so looking forward watching her and Eruna-chan...

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

Commandershepard13

snip

No I am not. Sidonias least problem are the harem elements. It's not even a generic harem. Winner girl dies early and still has relevance throughout the series

I dropped not long after that. Just got kinda... meh for me.

Well could you fill me in on what you didn't like about it cause I've been looking at the series for awhile now and wondering if I should try it out, however, the potential presence of harem elements has so far kept me away.

The story, art, and what not didn't really bother me at all to be honest. I just got bored. It wasn't bad nor was it necessarily good. Also, the harem thing is hardly a factor. Sure the main guy has a few moments like that but they're hardly distracting as far as I can remember. Give it a go and see if you like it.

Thanks mate

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

How's the yuri and the quality in Kiddy Grade and the sequels?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I don't remember much about Kiddy Grade. I just seem to recall a lot of fan service?

Pretty forgettable.

Urashi C. Pin
joined Jun 17, 2014

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT WATCH THE SEQUEL!!! IT IS GARBAGE SINCE GONZO PULLED OUT...!!

Urashi C. Pin
joined Jun 17, 2014

I don't remember much about Kiddy Grade. I just seem to recall a lot of fan service?

Pretty forgettable.

not much fanservice honestly it was a decent show

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Pretty forgettable.

not much fanservice honestly it was a decent show

With a name like Kiddy Grade I bloody well hope not. Even for anime it sounds like the characters are a little on the young side.

To reply you must either login or sign up.