Forum › Anime season

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I remember my family watched that a bunch at the beginning. And then everyone turned gay and they completely dropped it, because straight white people.

Edit: Chuuni isn't remotely harem beyond the gender divide...which is part of what makes it so good (or as some prefer to say, "bearable").

I'm too tired to understand what you're on about, but if your dissing straight white people, I'm with you. A white people is where it's at.

This was sarcasm by the way, just in case. 'Cept the tired part.

One of the girls is called Aria, and every time they say her name, I keep expecting Game of Thrones. And my mushy brain kind of made sense of OP-sama's words.

last edited at May 13, 2015 12:05PM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

even without any yuri bias, Rikka x Togashi is like the blind leading the blind in the middle of a sandstorm, I have never seen a relationship this horrendous, Nibutani and Dekomori are the leading stars with their chemistry

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

even without any yuri bias, Rikka x Togashi is like the blind leading the blind in the middle of a sandstorm, I have never seen a relationship this horrendous, Nibutani and Dekomori are the leading stars with their chemistry

Oh god. Don't remind me. Second season was painful.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I am half way through episode 9 of season 1 (which is where the actual romance with like, semi-realized feelings starts, I guess) and I can totally see that happening. I liked them up to now so I hope it doesn't get too stupid.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Wow, yeah, you were totally right. There are quite a few yuri characters that could learn a thing or two about slow development from those two.

Anybody know anything about Loveless? I don't want to just watch the 3 yuri episodes so is the show any good? Is it the weird rapey kind of yaoi?

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014
ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I remember my family watched that a bunch at the beginning. And then everyone turned gay and they completely dropped it, because straight white people.

Edit: Chuuni isn't remotely harem beyond the gender divide...which is part of what makes it so good (or as some prefer to say, "bearable").

You know, I only just realised what this was on about.

In other frustrating news, this crappy show is ages long and I think my dead girl ship isn't as dead as I thought, so I can't get back to anime. Stupid sinful live action.

I should not that last sentence was written with Gollum in mind.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

did it start getting really gay yet

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

did it start getting really gay yet

Not as gay as it could be, but it's pretty gay. Some scenes where I had to remind myself that these characters were 'straight'. Like, properly expecting a kiss or a confession or something.

So many ships I know won't happen though. Fingers crossed for the Maybe dead girl/main character lesbian one.

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Anyone watching punchline that shit just fucked my mind over the friggin moon especially the episode that just came out 4deep2me

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Id like to go super saiyan with the power of panties....one day.....one day...

last edited at May 15, 2015 9:44PM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Re-kan ep 7 friendzoned...

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I think the point was that they're both bad at expressing their feelings

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Jojo 43: inb4 cyborg Polnareff for Dio showdown

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Don't act as disappointed, this is basically every subtext ever: Nothing ever nor will happen to make it more than what it is. You should be used to it by now :p

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I just watched Samurai Flamenco and there was a canon yuri pair in a unhealthy as fuck relationship from start to finish as side characters.
On the one hand there is Mari, the bi woman may even love her girlfriend a little bit and on the other hand there is Moe, said girlfriend with unconditional love for her. Mari apparently has a huge fetish for guys in uniforms so she falls for the cop main character and like, actively tries to seduce him pretty much as soon as she meets him.
They have their own story going on, but that is about Mari's inferiority complex towards Moe after she offered to sacrifice herself to save Mari. The only way the obvious problems with the cop are talked about it another girl telling Moe that they have to be there for Mari now cause she's apparently pretty "devoted with her love" while she's thinking about him. Like, what the fuck?

Shipping the two main guys got destroyed by the cop finding his lost girlfiend agáin in the end.
And the whole anime itself was pretty much a weak execution of an interesting concept, mostly failing because of the weak characters. I guess what I'm saying is don't watch Samurai Flamenco. It's basically a mix between Precure, Gurren Lagann and One Punch Man and still managed to be boring.

Urgh, I need yuri that won't piss me off now.

last edited at May 17, 2015 11:04PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

^ Guess I'll use this for what might be my last random report
(actually, I have 1 more, read a lot about it.. I have just never seen it... been quite lazy about it...)

(I have already mentioned this one in the past, but not on this thread)

Yuri side-couple in Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!! they first appear in episode 7, they get their first yuri scene in episode 9 and another in 11. Them being a lesbians is just to add to the characters, there is no over-arcing plot nor development romance-wise for them, they just are. General plot-wise they are antagonists.

Note: recommend uncensored version... as always, censoring is used annoyingly.

I have not seen the anime, since I only skimmed through it for them. Only few things I can say about it:

• It's a harem (don't worry, the yuri is not part of it, it's safe)
  • Pervy jokes
  • Seems like a nonsenscial action anime.

last edited at May 17, 2015 11:42PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I just watched Samurai Flamenco and there was a canon yuri pair in a unhealthy as fuck relationship from start to finish as side characters.

Wait, did I read 'one girl tells another that she has to support her girlfriend's love of another character because sh'e really devoted to him' right?

If so, HAREM'S, ME, YOU, OUTSIDE NOW! STOP BEING SO FU*KING STUPID!

If not it still makes me angry, because.

Edit: Everyone in this town is gay or a pedophile I swear.

last edited at May 18, 2015 12:48AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

It was more like helping her to get over it. Which is still stupid.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Well I'm still challenging harems to a fight, it's about time they got their face smashed in.

When I'm done, everyone gets free digs.

last edited at May 18, 2015 12:57AM

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

I watched SamFlam twice and I'm having trouble placing these events you brought up. Goto's girlfriend is long gone for one thing. I don't remember Mizuki and Moe ever talk much about Mari's obsession with Goto. Yes, their relationship is unhealthy. Yes, Mari is a horrible person. I'd still like to think that after everything that's happened, they're capable of fixing their messed up relationship, even if just a little.

I quite enjoyed SamFlam. The yuri side-couple was a cherry on top the crazy ride.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Well I'm still challenging harems to a fight, it's about time they got their face smashed in.

When I'm done, everyone gets free digs.

Aw shit, this sounds like stuff I'd here in Wrestling plot! Where can I buy the tickets to see this beat down?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Aw shit, this sounds like stuff I'd here in Wrestling plot! Where can I buy the tickets to see this beat down?

Free admittance, be in Tamworth England on October 10th. Aiming to get as much pain as possible inflicted on harems and maybe they'll all disappear.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I watched SamFlam twice and I'm having trouble placing these events you brought up. Goto's girlfriend is long gone for one thing.

Which events do you mean?
In the epilogue Goto wrote with his girlfriend (he said she`s in Nicaragua or something) so he either found her or went back to being crazy again which wouldn't make sense after he kinda got over it..

I don't remember Mizuki and Moe ever talk much about Mari's obsession with Goto. Yes, their relationship is unhealthy. Yes, Mari is a horrible person. I'd still like to think that after everything that's happened, they're capable of fixing their messed up relationship, even if just a little.

Well, yeah they didn't, except for that one time at the pool after Mari found out that Goto has a semi made up girlfriend. But they obviously should talk more about it.
Fixing their relationship would take tons of work, if it is even fixable. Mari seems like she's just keeping Moe on the site until she finds a boyfriend and she clearly had no problems flirting with Goto. The closest thing she has shown to loving Moe was her inferiority complex and their "big story climax" was also super disappointing in that regard.
I'd rather believe in MoexMizuki for the future.

Samurai Flamenco is not a harem, by the way.
But I'm totally joining in.

last edited at May 18, 2015 8:11AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Samurai Flamenco is not a harem, by the way.
But I'm totally joining in.

It isn't? Sorry, jumped to conclusions with then, because of Mari and mention of at least one other girlfriend or something.

To reply you must either login or sign up.