Forum › Anime season

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I am watching that episode just for that, is the series any worth? The rape thing kinda puts me off

No idea, its one of those long nonsensical adventures. With yuri subtext, and comedy.

The rapey part is 1 character with this 1 scene, not a prominent thing throughout the series.

For yuri, actual yuri, its only that episode I pointed out... And its pretty good xD

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

SNAFU Season 2 is missing a ton of details. Feels like the new season is rocketing through the source material >l-(

But that's what they did in season one too. Some shows just get hit really bad with the seasonal format.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Commandershepard13

snip

No I am not. Sidonias least problem are the harem elements. It's not even a generic harem. Winner girl dies early and still has relevance throughout the series

I dropped not long after that. Just got kinda... meh for me.

Well could you fill me in on what you didn't like about it cause I've been looking at the series for awhile now and wondering if I should try it out, however, the potential presence of harem elements has so far kept me away.

The story, art, and what not didn't really bother me at all to be honest. I just got bored. It wasn't bad nor was it necessarily good. Also, the harem thing is hardly a factor. Sure the main guy has a few moments like that but they're hardly distracting as far as I can remember. Give it a go and see if you like it.

shadow8321

SNAFU Season 2 is missing a ton of details. Feels like the new season is rocketing through the source material >l-(

But that's what they did in season one too. Some shows just get hit really bad with the seasonal format.

I didn't hear about the LN till long after season 1 ended so I never had a chance to read it but I assume that they did. I think the seasonal format could definitely work if they gave themselves more episodes and a longer season to work with. Then each story arc could last an extra episode or two more and flesh more stuff out.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Anyone watched Ping Pong The Animation? It's pretty great.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

I did. yeah it's great.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

If the beach episode of Re-kan had a very yuri moment, the next episode takes it a bit forward ! is just one scene ... But, I want to believe that Re-kan won't take the het route after "that" (It won't take the full yuri route neither, I know TwT), their intentions are clear. Still the anime is far from memorable, the animation, jokes and side characters aren't really charming, but I can enjoy it now, even more than Yuri kuma (didn't even bother in finishing yuri kuma).

Off topic: My computer is DED, and right after I waited months to get the full batch of Illya lyrical magica 2 BD, I can't enjoy yuri like this... I can't spam to get noticed by Nezchan senpai like this

last edited at May 8, 2015 1:29PM

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

If the beach episode of Re-kan had a very yuri moment, the next episode takes it a bit forward ! is just one scene ... But, I want to believe that Re-kan won't take the het route after "that" (It won't take the full yuri route neither, I know TwT), their intentions are clear. Still the anime is far from memorable, the animation, jokes and side characters aren't really charming, but I can enjoy it now, even more than Yuri kuma (didn't even bother in finishing yuri kuma).

Off topic: My computer is DED, and right after I waited months to get the full batch of Illya lyrical magica 2 BD, I can't enjoy yuri like this... I can't spam to get noticed by Nezchan senpai like this

I am just watching the next episode to the beach one, I will look forward to it,yeah we know it won't be full yuri but hey some yuri with ghost whisperer..it's awesome, I love horror and ghost related anime/manga so :P even though this isn't scary of course xD

Ah the one with the dad and oh ok, I am watching the one after it, so I got confused xD

-gasps- you didn't finish Yuri kuma? Well to each his/her own but :O I loooooooooooooved the ending, I re-played it about 5 times xD

last edited at May 8, 2015 2:17PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Bad plan, I tried it but I just made her angry.

They's good notice, and they's bad notice.

Don't get no bad notice.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Good behaviour, so you're fucked man. Quit while you're still ahead.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

stop spamming. there is an idea

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

stop spamming. there is an idea

A difficult one.

So difficult that pretty much everyone else in the forum can do it easily.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Any opinions on Mai-Hime and Otome? Like, how is the yuri, how anoying are the harem/love triangle situations? I'm thinking of watching it right now or after finishing Mushishi (which by the way seems to be pretty awesome) but I don't know.

KatzeDerNacht
joined Apr 27, 2014

Any opinions on Mai-Hime and Otome? Like, how is the yuri, how anoying are the harem/love triangle situations? I'm thinking of watching it right now or after finishing Mushishi (which by the way seems to be pretty awesome) but I don't know.

I only watched Otome, I liked it since Natsuki and Shizuru were kinda an official couple,there was an annoying brat but it wasn't too annoying, Hime I haven't watched and I honestly don't feel like it.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Been a while and my memory isn't great, so anything I say should be taken with a grain of salt

Hime is fairly okay as an action series. The romance elements are all-around underdeveloped and annoying when they become important. There's yuri and yuri subtext, but it's never important, while the het is

Otome I just didn't like very much and gave up on a couple episodes in. Found the sense of humour grating

last edited at May 9, 2015 12:07AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Alright thanks. Those replies are less optimistic than I thought they would be. Looks like I'll just watch Mushishi first.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Looks like I'll just watch Mushishi first.

Season 1 or 2?

joined Apr 19, 2014

Mai-Hime is an... alright show. It has a pretty good soundtrack (though one of Kajiura's weaker ones) but it's very melodramatic and the story gets pretty dumb. The animation is alright for what it wants to be and the romantic stuff isn't THAT obnoxious (I was mostly watching for the soundtrack though so if you're actually watching for the one gay pairing you'll probably be a lot more annoyed by it). It's a show that has its good points almost perfectly balanced out by its weaker elements, which is oddly compelling if you're interested in anime production but mediocre otherwise.

Mai-Otome is garbage. It's worse on every front than Hime (the soundtrack has like two good pieces, the animation is marginally better but fights are much more prominent, the story is even dumber and more melodramatic, etc) and then it invents new ways to be bad. Like the plotline where a 30-something dude is creeping on his daughter's 14-year-old friend and you're expected to see him as sympathetic. Or the part where he loses his memory so his daughter can date him "without it being creepy" (it's still really fucking creepy) and this is portrayed as a good thing.

If you want to watch an anime with a Kajiura soundtrack and gay girls (assuming you've already watched Madoka) try El Cazador de la Bruja. It shares a lot of conceits with Noir and Madlax but is much better-made and also has one of the best Kajiura OSTs.

last edited at May 9, 2015 2:57AM

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

well i really loved both otome and hime that i purchased the complete collection of otome i regret nothing im just waiting for funimation to rerelease mai hime

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Mai-Hime have goods things going on but it doesn't lead to anything seeing that it's not a romance anime. Shizuru/Natsuki isn't subtext, I don't remember them being or ending up together but there is some yuri drama between them. I don't remember any harem or love triangle.

I don't remember Otome much but in my memories it was pretty gay and not much male characters. However I don't remember any explicit romantic stuff but as I said I don't remember much... I shipped the main character and the princess but I can't say if there ever was a real thing.

You just shouldn't expect much, it pretty much only action based

Edit : And Mushishi IS awesome x)
One of the best manga ever

last edited at May 9, 2015 3:29AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Thanks for the answers, guys, I'm gonna be less dissappointed after watching it now. :D

Season 1 or 2?

Season 1 for now. Didn't even know there was a season 2.

If you want to watch an anime with a Kajiura soundtrack and gay girls (assuming you've already watched Madoka) try El Cazador de la Bruja. It shares a lot of conceits with Noir and Madlax but is much better-made and also has one of the best Kajiura OSTs.

I don't really care for OSTs except in rare cases (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, stuff like that) but I already watched Cazador. Still, thanks for the recommendation.

And Mushishi IS awesome x)

It really is. I'm only on episode 3 but it has a really nice mood going on. Ginko is probably gonna make it onto my favorite male character list, too.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Re-Kan ep6 just meh.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Re-Kan ep6 just meh.

My translation: heartbteakingly beautiful. The show lacks overall when it comes to comedy and characters, but it has it's moments.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Aw, my Jojo OVA knowledge made me hopefull of witnessing some motherfuckin' DIO this time but i didn't know that Vanilla Ice came before his face reveal =[

KatzeDerNacht
joined Apr 27, 2014

Re-Kan ep6 just meh.

My translation: heartbteakingly beautiful. The show lacks overall when it comes to comedy and characters, but it has it's moments.

I found the first episode hilarious,the 6th was heart warming, overall the show is okish,if only cos I like ghost stuff

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Aw, my Jojo OVA knowledge made me hopefull of witnessing some motherfuckin' DIO this time but i didn't know that Vanilla Ice came before his face reveal =[

But Ice was in the OVA

Poor Avdol, you shouldn't have raised those death flags

To reply you must either login or sign up.