Forum › Scanlator Recruiting & Project Discussion

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Looking for translators for the following:

• Michiwarikusa Monogatari - Vampire After the Doomsday

Is that still the status for that?

I'm going to offer a tentative yes via Payapaya, though it feels a bit like the world is collapsing around my ears and I don't really know it yet because my brain hasn't caught up to what my eyes are seeing.

Maybe some more coffee?

joined Mar 29, 2015

Hello everyone! I am new here but I really want to help out anyway I can! I have no experience with this kind of stuff tho so if anyone is willing to help me out I'll be more than happy to help you out as well!

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Hello everyone! I am new here but I really want to help out anyway I can! I have no experience with this kind of stuff tho so if anyone is willing to help me out I'll be more than happy to help you out as well!

I'd recommend checking out one of the groups actively recruiting—Payapaya, maybe?

joined Mar 29, 2015

I'd recommend checking out one of the groups actively recruiting—Payapaya, maybe?

Okay thank you!

joined Apr 20, 2015

I'm a cleaner and typesetter looking for a new project. My current project is ending soon. I can redraw, typeset and vector. I've been doing a lot of non-yuri for the past year or so and have decided that it's time to go back to what I love. I'd also be interested in just a QC position. I don't mind sharing what I know with others.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Maybe some more coffee?

Two months late but woah, coffee?! Who the hell do you think I am?!*

*P-please pardon my nerdy reference....

I'm a cleaner and typesetter looking for a new project. My current project is ending soon. I can redraw, typeset and vector. I've been doing a lot of non-yuri for the past year or so and have decided that it's time to go back to what I love. I'd also be interested in just a QC position. I don't mind sharing what I know with others.

Also late, but if the series' mentioned in the original post don't interest you, I'd recommend applying for one of the other actively recruiting groups. Kawaii and Binbou and Yuri Project are always recruiting. Though in the case of the latter, it's less a matter of applying and more a matter of just getting to work.

Best of luck!

last edited at May 6, 2015 12:32PM

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

Also late, but if the series' mentioned in the original post don't interest you, I'd recommend applying for one of the other actively recruiting groups. Kawaii and Binbou and Yuri Project are always recruiting. Though in the case of the latter, it's less a matter of applying and more a matter of just getting to work.

Lililicious can always use more experienced editors too!

joined Jan 11, 2015

I'd like to join a scanlation group but Chinese is the only language I'm good at,I know nothing about Japanese*sigh*

joined Jan 11, 2015

Hey,are there any groups needing a Chinese-English translator?Chinese is my mother tongue and English is my second language.

last edited at May 31, 2015 11:48AM

immacrazykat
Yuuna
joined Jan 4, 2015

Hello! I was wondering if any scanlation group is looking for an editor. I don't have any experience in editing manga but I have experience in layout and graphic designs. I could also proofread manga while I edit... if that helps. :)

last edited at Jun 7, 2015 6:22AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

There's always YP, they're pretty much always searching, I think.

last edited at Jun 7, 2015 10:52AM

Lililicious
joined Jul 7, 2011

Hello! I was wondering if any scanlation group is looking for an editor. I don't have any experience in editing manga but I have experience in layout and graphic designs. I could also proofread manga while I edit... if that helps. :)

To quote pkChinensis:

Lililicious can always use more experienced editors too!

joined Jun 12, 2015

Hi. Looking to put my Japanese skills to use instead of just watching Utage! and playing games, and I see that Payapaya is looking for translator, so anyone know whom I should contact? Thanks

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Hi. Looking to put my Japanese skills to use instead of just watching Utage! and playing games, and I see that Payapaya is looking for translator, so anyone know whom I should contact? Thanks

Here, probably.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Thanks OriginalGengar. Made contact :3

joined Jan 31, 2015

gongnongjie:

I'd like to join a scanlation group but Chinese is the only language I'm good at,I know nothing about Japanese*sigh*

gongnongjie:

Hey,are there any groups needing a Chinese-English translator?Chinese is my mother tongue and English is my second language.

Not from any scanlation group, and this is not really to translate a series, but if you feel like it, would you please translate these Chinese fan comics for Fluttering Feelings?

http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5858-fluttering-feelings-spoiler-thread?page=114#forum_post_107164

Thanks!

last edited at Jun 19, 2015 12:37AM

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Interested Korean TLs should take a look into [a thing] (I have no idea what the original source is, and a casual google did not help)

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 4:46AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

That's actually from What Does The Fox Say.

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Cyfer

Interested Korean TLs should take a look into https://imgur.com/a/5qG12 (I have no idea what the original source is, and a casual google did not help)

Ah, that would be 4chan. http://boards.4chan.org/u/thread/1804911/wdtfs-what-does-the-fox-say post number 1805046.

Someone bought the chapter and took a screenshot so that the chinese anon can translate it. Last week, the Chinese websites provided higher quality raws and someone translated from Chinese=>English as they've been doing for the past weeks.

Halmoni and I discussed this and obviously the quality of the translation is pretty bad because they're translating from Korean=>Chinese=>English. Seems like the Chinese people haven't released the raws for chapter 17 yet maybe because Lezhin is cracking down on that new site.

Lezhin previously cracked down on another chinese site called tieba.baidu.com which caused them to no longer release korean raws as well as all the Chinese scanlations. But another Chinese site has sprung up or rehosted the stuff that was released on tieba, i'm not sure.

As you can see, the raws are not really Korean raws but the scanlated Chinese ones. The rough translations are done using the chinese translations and then typesetted. Anyway, it's 4chan and the Chinese and if someone wants to spend their money to buy chapters and then post it online for free for the ingrates of /u/ then that's their business. I don't plan on getting involved and I don't think halmoni will either.

Edit: removed the links cause yea, Nez is right, I've already explained the currently situation anyway

last edited at Jul 5, 2015 11:34AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This seems to be a good place to remind people that in general, posting links to translations (other than the overlay stuff) will get deleted on sight. Kyra's on staff so I can't really overrule them, but I'm iffy about that link to the English version their post.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

That's actually from What Does The Fox Say.

The world is truly a wonderful and mysterious place. I missed the release of the first chapter, somehow, so I had no idea any of this was going on.

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 4:52AM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

is 773nanami the same person as 773?

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

is 773nanami the same person as 773?

Nanami is one possible phonetic rendering of 773, so probably?

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

I have these dj on hands : 'Happy Holiday', 'Queen's Garden', 'Miniature Garden of Morality' the sequel has a panel of implied rape & it affected how a character behaves . All of them is Sekihara Umina's works. Pairings: LukaxMiku. Warning: Queen's garden is 60 pages, Miniature Garden of Morality is 110 pages, Happy Holiday is 50 pages - a lot. I need help with cleaning and beta (If readers forgive the neglect of SFX, I can do the TS). Please contact via Tumblr

Implied rape? Have you actually read the Miniature Garden of Morality? It's literally about a young Miku being repeatedly sexually abused by an adult she trusts. I don't mind that you want to translate it, but don't beat around the bush about the content here.

Buying that book taught me a lesson of reading the descriptions carefully before buying a doujinshi, even if it's one of my favourite authors.

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

I've been working on a project on my own and learning the basics by myself with huge online help from a poster on this site. The manga is from Girl's Love Story. I've got the gist of the story with only a little Japanese knowledge and, finally, found a translator I am not very happy with. Trying my hand at typesetting now. Probably, be another year before a release!! :)
I have a real dilemma of a question. The main character is an airhead. She wanted to take the high school exam for a coed school but ended up taking an exam for a girl's school and didn't realize her mistake until her H.S. acceptance letter arrived. At that point,she discovered she had mixed up the names of the schools. Using the onyomi reading they are both pronounced meibou. (盟望& 明望). I've discovered that together neither one of these are real words. Should I make a name up in English that is similar or just go with Meibou (coed school) and Meibou (girl's school)? Any good ideas out there?

To reply you must either login or sign up.