Forum › An Absurd Relationship discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'll be honest, as intriguing as the second chapter is, I would have been happier to see the first remain as a self-contained one-shot.

joined Sep 21, 2012

Yeah, I didn't expect a sequel to that first one.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Looks like it's becoming some kind of series, there is another chapter on the website of Rakuen

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I'm enjoying the second and third chapters :-) The first, the whole, object of affection of a lesbian becomes pregnant is almost a damn trope.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Hmm, for now it seems that she's straight and just likes to tease people? Really, there's nothing to go on. If it was shown a little bit of when they were at the bar it probably would've been obvious. Hopefully the next chapter(s) are longer and show more, then again it may be Jin's intent that it is like it is and eventually she falls in love with the blond only to get heartbroken because she either is straight and has a boyfriend/husband.

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

whats an "admiral's baton"

joined Mar 25, 2013

I'm guessing it's a euphemism for a vibrator/dildo. Or something to spank with.

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 12:43PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Interesting that she's doing this in very short chapters, is that a standard thing for Rakuen? I know Collectors is like that, but I'd assumed it was because of the 4-koma format.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I can't read that blondie. What is she up to really? What if she's the (twin) sister of the girl who got pregnant ? Doesn't seem like it though. I'm kinda getting into this series, it's interesting.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

These credit pages are too good, loool.

Anyway, I'm enjoying these new chapters. I thought it was a oneshot type of thing and just done right there, but now there's this new development and I want to see what happens next.

41d15eb7093baec072fbb832ad7e1d7d
joined Jun 27, 2014

I can't read that blondie. What is she up to really? What if she's the (twin) sister of the girl who got pregnant ? Doesn't seem like it though. I'm kinda getting into this series, it's interesting.

Looking outside the box and seeing the first chapter as the ending and chapters 2 and 3 as the beginning this makes sense as in the blonde woman never told her feelings and ended up getting pregnant . If you look at it this way you can see the whole story unfold before it's told . I still love Takemiya Jin's work <3 even if this one is now predictable , but I could also be wrong and a huge curve ball will be thrown at us readers in a later chapter.

joined Jan 3, 2014

Looking outside the box and seeing the first chapter as the ending and chapters 2 and 3 as the beginning this makes sense as in the blonde woman never told her feelings and ended up getting pregnant . If you look at it this way you can see the whole story unfold before it's told . I still love Takemiya Jin's work <3 even if this one is now predictable , but I could also be wrong and a huge curve ball will be thrown at us readers in a later chapter.

Don't think so: In the first chapter ninth page, the pregnant girl is called Mihashi-san. In the second chapter second page, the teasing girl is called Taneda-chan.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Don't think so: In the first chapter ninth page, the pregnant girl is called Mihashi-san. In the second chapter second page, the teasing girl is called Taneda-chan.

I just can't see the first chapter as an ending, I feel like it's going to be connected somehow, and that the women in the first chapter will probably make an appearance again. Well I'm really bad predictions so I'm just gonna anticipate for the curve ball, if ever xD.

Unless the sister is already married to someone xD, but yeah that is so unlikely.

Tuna%20copy
joined Nov 7, 2014

Very confused

joined Mar 25, 2013

Unless the sister is already married to someone xD, but yeah that is so unlikely.

There isn't any relation to the girl from the first chapter (almost 100%, unless Jin decides to pull that cliche), so dubbing her as her sister is kind of dumb. Unless stated otherwise it's probably better to not assume any family relations with the 'not-so-bright-outright-idiotic' girl from the start.

Rosa pointed out that this might be the one from the first chapter, but that is also rather unlikely cause there wouldn't be any reason to show the beginning. They weren't in a relationship to show a fallout or what led to her getting pregnant while cheating on her supposed boyfriend. That would be just a waste of time, considering she can make other works.

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 3:19PM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

There isn't any relation to the girl from the first chapter (almost 100%, unless Jin decides to pull that cliche), so dubbing her as her sister is kind of dumb. Unless stated otherwise it's probably better to not assume any family relations with the 'not-so-bright-outright-idiotic' girl from the start.

I know that there isn't any relationship between the two of them. That's why I said "what if" in my first post. I was not intending on dubbing the girl as her sister, that was intended as a joke but I guess that caused some misunderstanding there. I was not assuming just wondering the what-ifs, though I admit that was pretty dumb.

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 4:09PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

I know that there isn't any relationship between the two of them. That's why I said "what if" in my first post. I was not intending on dubbing the girl as her sister, that was intended as a joke but I guess that caused some misunderstanding there. I was not assuming just wondering the what-ifs, though I admit that was pretty dumb.

Oh, sorry. I just assumed you were convinced that they were sisters because in the second post it was stated rather than presumed.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Oh, sorry. I just assumed you were convinced that they were sisters because in the second post it was stated rather than presumed.

Yes, I noticed that after re-reading it, so the fault is mine. Sorry, for the confusion.

3z8eb8cxabml0ib3limx
Divulge Scans
joined Dec 29, 2010

Interesting that she's doing this in very short chapters, is that a standard thing for Rakuen? I know Collectors is like that, but I'd assumed it was because of the 4-koma format.

I can't say anything about the actual anthology, but yeah, most of the online chapters from artists are on the short side.

joined Jan 8, 2014

yay! an adult yuri, with some cute factor in it! way to go Jin-sensei!! ^_^

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I'm guessing it's a euphemism for a vibrator/dildo. Or something to spank with.

Normally I'd have guessed that too, but in this case I'm assuming it has something to do with continuing the joke from the credits page of ch.2, where she says something about Kantai Collection and calls her "Admiral Emi". Clear as mud to me, I've never read that stuff.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Yessss ! MORE JIN!!

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

It's their (apparent) running gag about KanColle, last chapter had Emi being called admiral.

More jin on a dreary Monday is a nice boost of sunlight. :)

last edited at Apr 27, 2015 11:21AM

joined May 11, 2014

Assisted Suicide.

People want to empathize with the MC because one should never EVER do something stupid for love...Ever...Never...

Okay, that might be true, but regardless of the reason when you KNOW why someone is doing something and still do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING then it's as close to assisting them in their madness as telling them to do it yourself.

Nobodies right in this manga and while I agree she shouldn't coddle the blonde after being a dumbass there was no real reason to stab and twist the blade by going "Yeah, fuck you bitch." I wouldn't be at all surprised if this new chick is some super obsessed Sister-complex Onee-san of the blonde plotting revenge through a very elaborate scheme against the MC.

Because as it stands she's still doing the same thing as previous. Noticing someone's behavior yet doing nothing but over thinking it instead of trying to clarify things directly. Going with the flow just to say it's the fault of someone else when it all goes downhill is blame-worthy just as much as fucking multiple people to get someone to notice you.

I actually like the MC but to say OH she's perfectly right about what she did is a bit sadistic.

"Oh, she likes me eh? Let's see what she does cause I kinda like her too." Hahaha, what?

Oh, are you saying she didn't realize it till she was already fucking 2 guys? I can't really believe that's true.

I don't really sympathize with the blonde but I ain't gonna bash her either, she could have just as-well slept around with different females and the only thing that would've changed is that she wouldn't have gotten pregnant. Could've raped the MC. All of these choices are dumb as hell but she just chose the worst of them cause the consequences were a little TOO heavy to bear.

If the MC would've did something as simple as approach her and say "You need to stop." then I wouldn't see her as a jerkass. I'm already paranoid of the new girl she seems like the Mature, Sadistic, and Conniving type. MC's REALLY about to get it.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Assisted Suicide.

People want to empathize with the MC because one should never EVER do something stupid for love...Ever...Never...

Okay, that might be true, but regardless of the reason when you KNOW why someone is doing something and still do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING then it's as close to assisting them in their madness as telling them to do it yourself.

Nobodies right in this manga and while I agree she shouldn't coddle the blonde after being a dumbass there was no real reason to stab and twist the blade by going "Yeah, fuck you bitch." I wouldn't be at all surprised if this new chick is some super obsessed Sister-complex Onee-san of the blonde plotting revenge through a very elaborate scheme against the MC.

Because as it stands she's still doing the same thing as previous. Noticing someone's behavior yet doing nothing but over thinking it instead of trying to clarify things directly. Going with the flow just to say it's the fault of someone else when it all goes downhill is blame-worthy just as much as fucking multiple people to get someone to notice you.

I actually like the MC but to say OH she's perfectly right about what she did is a bit sadistic.

"Oh, she likes me eh? Let's see what she does cause I kinda like her too." Hahaha, what?

Oh, are you saying she didn't realize it till she was already fucking 2 guys? I can't really believe that's true.

I don't really sympathize with the blonde but I ain't gonna bash her either, she could have just as-well slept around with different females and the only thing that would've changed is that she wouldn't have gotten pregnant. Could've raped the MC. All of these choices are dumb as hell but she just chose the worst of them cause the consequences were a little TOO heavy to bear.

If the MC would've did something as simple as approach her and say "You need to stop." then I wouldn't see her as a jerkass. I'm already paranoid of the new girl she seems like the Mature, Sadistic, and Conniving type. MC's REALLY about to get it.

Alright. First off, getting herself pregnant is not as bad as raping the MC.

And we know literally nothing about what happened between the MC and the blonde from the first chapter except for the general gist of it. MC-san might have realized that Blonde-san may have some feelings for the MC but I doubt it's as easy as "You lesbian? I'm lesbian. Wanna date?", especially in Japan. And she probably realized it before Blonde-san got herself into an affair but sleeping around with one guy is probably enough to make MC-san question if a relationship with the blonde is worth it.

I'm not saying the MC is perfect, she totally blew cigerette smoke at a pregnant woman after all. She's kind of a jerk but that's exactly why I love her. Yuri needs more flawed, badass characters.

To reply you must either login or sign up.