Forum › Citrus + discussion

joined Dec 17, 2022

Oh, a lot of us would want to see them fuck! It's just not the root of the complaints and criticism of Citrus+. Or put another way, we'd like to see it but it's not a "demand". The demand is "some sign of affection? Any? Please?" Which the wordless special delivered better than the entire rest of the series.

That's why I put nobody in quotes. It can be made explicit, it can be made lighter, and it can even be implied without showing anything, but at this point what I want to see (at least) there are more scenes like this special. In my opinion the possible hard between yuzu and mei and the harumatsu are simple saboruota games to keep the reader with hype about the series . I hope I'm wrong, but at this point, If Sabu gives me a romantic dinner, some passionate kisses, more of his life as a couple, I'll settle for it...

last edited at Jul 16, 2024 4:20PM

joined Dec 17, 2022

the Periodicity of this story is certainly an unfathomable mystery

joined Dec 17, 2022

In a tweet from Savoruota she has just announced that he has a special project for Mei and Yuzu for the arrival of their birthdays. be careful that perhaps the so famous hard between the two can arrive (I say it Joke) just because I have read people who believe that it could be that, although the reality can be anything. Yuzu's birthday is next week, so we'll know soon

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013
joined Feb 11, 2022

Fuck, sabu is selling me the ship sayaka and her gf very well, really good ship, I want to see more

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

https://x.com/ichijinshaevent/status/1821380814954705333

Special merch for Yuzu and Mei's birthday.

The shirts are neat

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I think Mei is just playing and she will leave Yuzu some day. I think she see Yuzu as a source of comfort for her but she not really in love with her the way Yuzu is in love with her in love with her. I mean she been with Yuzu so long so of course she will likes her in some way but I don't think she got any real feelings for. I don't say she will leave Yuzu for Arata but there is no doubt that she will eventually grow tired of playing her own "game" and will have to tell Yu the truth about how she truly feel.

They get married. We're just leading up to Mei and Yuzu's marriage. We already know how this ends. This is functionally an extended flashback. Just in case: if you haven't read the original Citrus, you should read that before this one.

last edited at Aug 9, 2024 8:31PM

Girlslove
joined Aug 9, 2024

I think Mei is just playing and she will leave Yuzu some day. I think she see Yuzu as a source of comfort for her but she not really in love with her the way Yuzu is in love with her in love with her. I mean she been with Yuzu so long so of course she will likes her in some way but I don't think she got any real feelings for. I don't say she will leave Yuzu for Arata but there is no doubt that she will eventually grow tired of playing her own "game" and will have to tell Yu the truth about how she truly feel.

They get married. We're just leading up to Mei and Yuzu's marriage. We already know how this ends. This is functionally an extended flashback. Just in case: if you haven't read the original Citrus, you should read that before this one.

ABANDON MY OLD ACCOUNT BECAUSE IT WERE SO TOXIC AND I WAS ATTACKED BUT WOW I CANNOT BELIEVE THE DELUSION ON HERE. MEI DON'T LOVE YUZU LIKE SHE LOVE HER. SURE SHE LIKE HER SHE DON'T HATE HER AND THEY MIGHT GET MARRIED BUT MEI AND YUZU WILL COME TO AN UNDERSTANDING THAT MEI DON'T TRULY FEEL THAT WAY FOR HER. HARUM PROBABLY FEEL MORE AFFECTION TOWARD YUZU THEN MEI DO AND THATS JUST THE TRUTH

Girlslove
joined Aug 9, 2024

Yuzu will probably end up fall in love with Harum be honest but as we know Harum will sadly probably be with the Matsuri...

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

ABANDON MY OLD ACCOUNT BECAUSE IT WERE SO TOXIC AND I WAS ATTACKED BUT WOW I CANNOT BELIEVE THE DELUSION ON HERE. MEI DON'T LOVE YUZU LIKE SHE LOVE HER. SURE SHE LIKE HER SHE DON'T HATE HER AND THEY MIGHT GET MARRIED BUT MEI AND YUZU WILL COME TO AN UNDERSTANDING THAT MEI DON'T TRULY FEEL THAT WAY FOR HER. HARUM PROBABLY FEEL MORE AFFECTION TOWARD YUZU THEN MEI DO AND THATS JUST THE TRUTH

What in the world...

last edited at Aug 12, 2024 1:18AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

What in the world...

Someone has gone too deep in delusion.

Bbdc0419e38b238dedd03df55fae45ce
joined Jul 21, 2024

Jokes and memes aside, it is really weird how some people are so fixated on Yuzu and Mei fucking

I think because Citrus has/had this rep of this steamy taboo romance. So I think people believe it should have happened by now, a lot of the early expectation as far as I remember was basically what FlowerChild's works ended up being, where their manga focus on a messy highly sexual toxic relationship.

Plus various other long running Yuri manga have had some kind of sexual encounter, even if it happens off page, it's something that has definitely happened. Citrus for having this spicy rep surprisingly hasn't gone very far with it.

I understand that for sure and it's not a big deal anyway, but Citrus hasn't ever really been a spicy series has it? It was only so superficially for a bit. It had "spicy" scenes mostly earlier on but the tone and direction wasn't that way and it's been years since then so it's interesting that the expectation still lingers. Citrus seemed to be making a point earlier on about its characters' mental states and that was it. It's really been an "innocent" series even when those scenes were present.

The issue isn’t for me about “fucking” per se but about the trajectory of the characters, especially Mei. As has recently been pointed out, OG Mei was a Proper Japanese Lady masking a smoldering volcano of emotion—sexual desire, yes, but also, among other things, grief over the “loss” of her father. Her resistance to going all-in sexually with Yuzu was more about struggling to keep herself under control rather than about fending off Yuzu’s advances.

It’s easy to forget that the start of the benighted “Second Arranged Marriage” arc interrupted a Mei-Yuzu makeout session that both had been longing for. Ever since then Mei has consistently been transformed from a firecracker (h/t to Altair for the phrase) into a damp mop.

Had readers still been getting regular doses of those Mei-Yuzu hickey-leaving competitions of the past I’m pretty sure there would have been fewer laments about “when will they fuck?”.

Yeah the series feels inconsistent I think. There was moments that built it's rep as this steamier romance, but then there's other times where it feels nothing like that. The series is something I wouldn't exactly call "wholesome", but generally it's not fiery and sexually intense either. I think it leaves various parts of it's audience not really getting what they wanted or expected out of the series. Even years later people want what they liked about earlier parts to return, some of that passionate and intense emotion at least.

At this point, after the original Citrus ended with Mei and Yuzu getting engaged, I think the author made Citrus+ to show what life is like for a high school couple who's engaged. while also having a story going on with the plot devices and whatnot like in the latest volume (I think) the author added new stuff like involving Mei’s childhood guy friend to keep it interesting and to show yuzu sightly jealous side. and didn't expect much to come from this side series, but it still has those playful moments, like when Mei left a hickey on Yuzu. thats how I view Cirtus+ so far. but I can understand the 'leaves various parts of it's audience not really getting what they wanted or expected out of the series' part. Many viewers are still waiting for a peak because, in many yuri mangas, a peak is when the two characters in love show their passion through sex, like in the manga Come Rain or Shine. Like you said, Citrus isn't really a wholesome manga, so readers expecting more likely see it that way too.

last edited at Aug 12, 2024 4:09PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I’m going to go at this whole business a different way. Putting the debatable lewd/wholesome, “will they ever fuck?” issue to one side for a moment, OG Citrus started out being about plain-spoken, down-to-earth, heart-on-her-sleeve Yuzu opening up the prim and proper but deeply repressed Mei emotionally. The MCs’ big bonding moment was when Yuzu helped Mei confront her grief over the “loss” of her father and then to reconnect with him.

The MCs’ romantic relationship was focused on allowing Mei to tap into her true feelings (including her desire for affection and physical intimacy). Becoming romantically involved with a woman, let alone with her (new) stepsister, constituted a massive break with the traditional, highly conservative values of the Aihara family, values that had previously been the guiding principles of Mei’s life. That was Mei’s character arc.

Except at the end of the original Citrus all that family traditionalism was just handwaved away, and then Mei (who was essentially MIA as a character for the climactic arc of the series) instituted this “starting over” protocol for the MCs’ relationship, and she has since spent far more time scolding Yuzu, keeping her at arm’s length, or being totally clueless about how to even interact with a family member let alone a lover (the birthday fiasco being a prime example) than she has been shown behaving like someone in an intimate relationship with a person she lives and sleeps with. (Let me be clear: this is a critique of the author’s development of the character, not of Mei the imaginary person.)

There would have been ways to have shown Mei, having undergone a personal transformation because of Yuzu’s love, putting her new set of personal values into public action by changing the ethos of the Aihara academy. That may even be what the author thinks she’s doing. But with the removal of familial expectations as the source of the external conflict, Mei herself has been forced into the role of being the block to a fuller romantic relationship with Yuzu, and in Citrus+ she seems nearly as uptight and repressed as if the original series never happened.

last edited at Aug 13, 2024 7:33AM

joined Dec 17, 2022

I see that we continue with the same debates and the ones we have left hahahaha. the reality to know what people's expectations were when citrus+ started and what the current reality is, you just have to go to the first comments in this forum when citrus+ started. comments like, "I want to see them fuck" "I want to see more physical intimacy" "I don't want to see more dramas, just fun" "I don't want new random characters to appear to create unnecessary dramas" "I want to see harumatsu canon" "I want a more stable periodicity" etc... the reality today is that physical contact between mei and yuzu is scarce, we have had more dramas than fun, random characters have appeared to create dramas, the harumatsu today is dead and buried and the periodicity of the play has not improved at all. ........ . On the other hand, there are people who have a contrary opinion and it is very respectable, that they are loving the story as it goes and there are also many comments. Lastly, I understand that there are people who are very big fans of haruyuzu, honestly they would be a very good couple, but it is curious how after of the 6 vol of citrus+ plus the 10 of the original series for many people meiyuzu has not caught on, and in part it is because MEI's character development is inconsistent and many times It generates more rejection than empathy with her. greetings

last edited at Aug 13, 2024 12:14PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.