Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

So what ?It's now unpopular to prefer Hima/Yori ?

How did you get that from anything discussed here? Both couples are popular. Anyone can like whichever.

last edited at Jun 6, 2024 11:58AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

How did you get that from anything discussed here? Both couples are popular. Anyone can like whichever.

So why there is a favor treatement for the anime budget ?

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I don't like how my earlier response sounds, so I'll apologize for that. Reading it now, it sounds a bit rude and I didn't mean for that.

As for your question I wouldn't call it favorable. The anime is just treating Aki/Shiho as part of the ensemble of 4 main characters with YoriHima and that's about what they should do. Series with multiple main characters will often play around with EDs and such. So it's not favorable, just equal. I guess, it would only be surprising if someone still thinks Shiho/Aki are just side characters with an extended arc, or if they still underestimate their popularity and reception. The issue is with everything else production is doing.

last edited at Jun 6, 2024 1:53PM

joined Feb 11, 2022

What "favor treatment" are you talking about? Did you even watch the latest episode? Because I'm genuinely confused about your statement.

For instance, they knew the Shiho band scene had to be executed well.

I don't think that they achieved that goal, unfortunately.
In the Whispering Discord, a person who has been working on the project explained why that scene (well, both Shiho's and Yori's band performances) had so many inconsistencies and issues.

last edited at Jun 8, 2024 1:15PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

What "favor treatment" are you talking about? Did you even watch the latest episode? Because I'm genuinely confused about your statement.

Was a follow-up on Nevik answer.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Next chapter (raw) is out and looks like the incest route is real?! https://imgur.com/a/sasakoi-chapter-50-raws-TO8QAyj

last edited at Jun 17, 2024 6:13PM

joined Jun 3, 2020

On different news, the latest chapter also comes with a small interview with the anime cast about what they think of the characters they voice. It's cute.

O
joined Jan 12, 2021

Looks like Miki is still questioning herself over it and we get nothing concrete. At least Ayaka is not suffering anymore... for now.

I was hoping for Shiho to be in the cooking club at the end but alas.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I don't entirely hate this so far? Reminds me a bit of "My Sister's Best Friend, My Lover", with how she's trying to work through some complicated attachment to her sister. So it doesn't feel like the story is going for an incest route so to speak, but more so exploring these feelings so she can work through them and find love outside of her sister.

joined Oct 22, 2018

OK, I know that's not the focus of the chapter, and that her reasons and my reasons were entirely different, but the fact that she seemingly is having a self-loathing episode in a chapter that was uploaded less than an hour after I myself had one is some very unfortunate timing. Like, it hits just a smidge too close to home

last edited at Jun 24, 2024 6:28PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Mehhhh whether or not it is true incest or something similar to "My Sister's Best Friend, My Lover," I'm overall pretty bored with this direction because it's annoying how the center of the conflict is Aki once again. Love Aki, but I'm ready to move on from her. I also feel this direction is doing Miki a total disservice to her character. First time we ever get some deeper look into her character and it's bogged down to being a siscon.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Mehhhh whether or not it is true incest or something similar to "My Sister's Best Friend, My Lover," I'm overall pretty bored with this direction because it's annoying how the center of the conflict is Aki once again. Love Aki, but I'm ready to move on from her. I also feel this direction is doing Miki a total disservice to her character. First time we ever get some deeper look into her character and it's bogged down to being a siscon.

I wouldn't say she's just a siscon, since that type of thing is usually used as a gag. Here it's that she has strong feelings that she's uncertain about and full of self loathing due to. So I think there's more complexity and depth to her situation than her being simply thrown under the bus as a "comic relief" sister lover.

I do also understand not being a fan of this development. Personally I'm working with the hand we've been dealt, and I've seen this type of subject handled a lot worse in other media. I'm mostly saying I don't entirely hate it so far, though I don't want this to be something we linger on for too long either. We'll have to see how everything plays out, but at least at the moment I'm not going to throw all the things I do love about this series out the window.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Hate to break it to you but Miki has been characterized as a siscon from day 1 xD Being "a little obsessed over her onee-chan" is her no.1 personality trait and right after than comes being a supportive friend. So if anything this direction is consistent her character (we just didn't know what form her obsession exactly had before).

Personally I'm a fan of this development. We already know that Aki x Shiho is the endgame, so without the "danger" of the full-on incest route (which understandable some ppl would dislike) playing it out this way makes for much more interesting expression of depth for her character than "just" being jealous of having to share her sisters attention, spoiled kid style

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Let's fucking go my dude, the Mizuguchi ship sailed and there's nothing that can stop it now.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Hate to break it to you but Miki has been characterized as a siscon from day 1 xD Being "a little obsessed over her onee-chan" is her no.1 personality trait and right after than comes being a supportive friend. So if anything this direction is consistent her character (we just didn't know what form her obsession exactly had before).

Personally I'm a fan of this development. We already know that Aki x Shiho is the endgame, so without the "danger" of the full-on incest route (which understandable some ppl would dislike) playing it out this way makes for much more interesting expression of depth for her character than "just" being jealous of having to share her sisters attention, spoiled kid style

I know that she's always been a siscon since day 1 that's why this development is disappointing. Like yay we get a deeper look into Miki and it's just something we already knew but now it's "serious". That's why she's bogged down to being the siscon. It just further reinforced that as her #1 personality trait.

Because we know there's no danger to Shiho x Aki is why this storyline feels pointless. Like we all know how this plot is gonna go so it just feels like waiting out for Miki inevitably moving on from being too attached to her sister. We already have an amazing series that explores everything I could ever want from that type of conflict (My Sister's Best Friend, My Lover) so it feels redundant to me lol.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Because we know there's no danger to Shiho x Aki is why this storyline feels pointless. Like we all know how this plot is gonna go so it just feels like waiting out for Miki inevitably moving on from being too attached to her sister. We already have an amazing series that explores everything I could ever want from that type of conflict (My Sister's Best Friend, My Lover) so it feels redundant to me lol.

Tbf aki went through the exact same thing with yori, her feeling just sat there while the plot was happening until they magically disappeared and developed new one for shiho out of nowhere. With Miki at least her unrequited love and struggle to accept her sepai are the main focus of the story

joined Sep 27, 2017

I know that she's always been a siscon since day 1 that's why this development is disappointing. Like yay we get a deeper look into Miki and it's just something we already knew but now it's "serious". That's why she's bogged down to being the siscon. It just further reinforced that as her #1 personality trait.

I think this is the opposite of pointless because now she can move on and forward to being MORE than attached to her sister. This growth is 100% needed in my opinion, yes we know what's going to happen for the most part, but it's still something that I least think we need to see happen. I also don't think this reinforces it as her main character trait, because it's tackling it this serious fashion. It's providing her with an opportunity to grow.

"My Sister's Best Friend, My Lover" of course will be the better example because it's a story focusing on this subject as it's center conflict, however I still think this series can handle the subject in an alright manner. Plus I don't think the existence of that series means this subject should never come up again in media, I don't believe topics are one and done.

Of course also fine if we disagree. Everyone has their opinions and views.

RileysticDani
Img_20230402_152744
joined Aug 23, 2022

Well, I'll skip through this arc. We could be having Hajime x Momoka drama arc but author really went for the I love my blood sister arc instead, and again Aki being the center of all the drama without knowing.

That last panel was precious and Momoka will be activating her senpai skills once again.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Tbf aki went through the exact same thing with yori, her feeling just sat there while the plot was happening until they magically disappeared and developed new one for shiho out of nowhere. With Miki at least her unrequited love and struggle to accept her sepai are the main focus of the story

As far as I remember Aki had to accept that her love for Yori would remain one sided. She couldn't really do anything other than live with it, so when Aki learned Shiho has feelings for her Aki decided to see if she could develop mutual feelings for Shiho by going out with her. I don't think any of this randomly disappeared or came out of nowhere here personally.

Well, I'll skip through this arc. We could be having Hajime x Momoka drama arc but author really went for the I love my blood sister arc instead, and again Aki being the center of all the drama without knowing.

That last panel was precious and Momoka will be activating her senpai skills once again.

Yeah with the hate this arc is getting I think people in general might be best off waiting maybe a few months, so they can quickly skim through it, or skip it entirely. Even though I think in theory it will be a good arc for Miki's character growth, I also don't think people should force themselves to keep up with the series if they're not enjoying it.

joined Feb 27, 2023

Japan vs Alabama

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

So it was incest, huh.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

As far as I remember Aki had to accept that her love for Yori would remain one sided. She couldn't really do anything other than live with it, so when Aki learned Shiho has feelings for her Aki decided to see if she could develop mutual feelings for Shiho by going out with her. I don't think any of this randomly disappeared or came out of nowhere here personally.

Yes! A lot of yuri fans seem to be confused by the idea that one girl/woman can be attracted to multiple other girls/women in her lifetime. I know that lead characters in yuri manga (especially the school girl stuff) can come across like they have a single-target sexuality, but come on... Aki didn't develop feelings for Shiho "out of nowhere". She is just gay! In fact, it's made clear that she isn't 'in love' with Shiho, at least not yet.

Aki being a lesbian (or bi) of course doesn't mean that she has no standards, or that she would be fine with any girl. It's the opposite: Shiho isn't just any girl. She was always bad at getting along with other girls, but Aki still befriended her. Even after Shiho's departure and hostility, Aki still couldn't help but worry about her. She was always special.

I think it makes sense if becoming friends again and knowing that Shiho is into her flipped Aki's switch, and allowed her to see Shiho as an option. (And I think another factor is that now Shiho is letting Aki see the more awkward and clumsy side of her again.) Combined with what she said in her dialogue, I totally get why she would suggest dating.

last edited at Jun 25, 2024 11:22AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

As much as Miki may protest, there are certain parallels to her and Himari's stories. In fact, if not for Miki being blindsided by realizing the depth of her feelings for her sister just a little before the confession and the resulting darker feelings she has about the situation, it would be almost exactly the same. And it's not like she isn't aware her feelings for Aki would not be going anywhere, even more so with only noticing them after Aki already got a girlfriend of her own. A bit more of a mess to unravel, but she was happy to receive the confession, even if those feelings were overshadowed by the unfortunate timing of it and the idiot squad ruining the moment. Once she can properly get her thoughts and feelings in order, we may be heading to a happy ending for these two as well.

last edited at Jun 25, 2024 3:57PM

0d9c1f8da5c68f44be466e7fdf34f353
joined Jan 13, 2015

Don't get me wrong this feels like a completely unneeded filler before the next main arc.
And seriously I would actually prefer her just rejecting the other girl. It's also important to know that you don't need to be in a relationship just because someone confessed to you.
I also think that her feelings for her sister were not romantic. She was confused and Aya was the only one there for her as a child of course she would feel strong attachment to her nice big sister.
Seriously this whole conflict is absolutely unnecessary and forced.

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

Wait, is that Yuama-sensei from the manga The Summer You Were There?
And is Shiho's VA Nemoto from WataMote? (j4f)

To reply you must either login or sign up.