Forum › Five Point Perspective discussion

C4u8pkcuoaauccv
joined Oct 31, 2018

This artist's art is pretty nice but, uh, I'm really not sure about this story.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'd love a really good Aerith X Tifa manga or fic but this wasn't it, for me.
Didn't like the plot, the characterisations were totally unlike them, and I didnt even like the art much sigh.

There was an amazing big fan fic that paired them up but ive not seen it for like 20yr and no idea what it was called.
It started after ff7 and told in some flash backs how they fell in love during the game, and then in present day how Tifa brings her back out of the lifestream. It was the only really great fic of them - wish I still had it.

last edited at Feb 29, 2024 3:03PM

Peachbrowsette2
joined Apr 14, 2023

This classic pair is few and far between. This Aerith is a little more aggressive than I care for and not really in character. Regardless, the upload is still a nice surprise!

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Weird that people seem to think this didn't get the characterizations right. That's...that's what I find compelling about this, that it actually did rather than use the way the characters dress as shorthand for their entire personality.

Aerith must be understood as a service worker who wants nothing more than dropkick a bunch of the customers who are shitty to her. The way in which she manages those urges are key to understanding what sort of character she is, which includes manifesting as being very forward and aggressive any time she can get away with it. Case in point!

last edited at Feb 29, 2024 5:07PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I still don't get this ship, the pairing feels less interesting and more "they are both iconic" to me

%d0%b6%d0%b8%d1%81%d1%83
joined Jul 4, 2019

Wow, that felt incredibly dumb, I started to laugh a little from the campiness??? of it. Never in my life I've expected to see the 'vagina smells like fish' joke in the year of 2024 or any of the other stuff.

last edited at Feb 29, 2024 6:10PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@muteKi If we are talking the remake, sure she is fairly forward and decisive- but if we are thinking OG classic Aerith then no- she is mild and gentle in personality- tho still very brave and determind. But OG Aerith wouldnt behave like this at all - there isnt a hint of this personailty in her. Its even a big exageration for Remake Aerith.

last edited at Feb 29, 2024 5:45PM

Nozoav
joined Feb 28, 2015

@muteKi If we are talking the remake, sure she is fairly forward and decisive- but if we are thinking OG classic Aerith then no- she is mild and gentle in personality- tho still very brave and determind.

This... is not true of OG Aerith at all.

Remakes characterisation of her is pretty spot on.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Hm, this felt like a fanfic. A bit strange and kinda detached from the original. Art was nice, a bit too over the top maybe. And I was hoping for a threesome, Yuffie always just ends up masturbating or getting molested by random guys in doujins.

joined Jan 8, 2016

I'd love a really good Aerith X Tifa manga or fic but this wasn't it, for me.
Didn't like the plot, the characterisations were totally unlike them, and I didnt even like the art much sigh.

There was an amazing big fan fic that paired them up but ive not seen it for like 20yr and no idea what it was called.
It started after ff7 and told in some flash backs how they fell in love during the game, and then in present day how Tifa brings her back out of the lifestream. It was the only really great fic of them - wish I still had it.

It wasn't https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3038434/1/Love-Not-Often ?

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I enjoy this aggressive Aeris that's so different from how she normally gets treated and all of Tifa's joyful expressions.

Also the way the perspective at the end shows how some of it was just Tifa being an innocent bean or a just pure accident and that was amusing.

joined Jan 21, 2020

Honestly its the facial expressions that make this one for me. I like how happy they look throughout the whole thing.

joined Jul 8, 2019

insane ammounts of watermarks

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Hm, this felt like a fanfic.

I mean, it is a fanfic lol

I totally get what you mean, but it is totally a fanfic, just also with pictures

For what it's worth, I really love aggressive Aerith. I know some people prefer demure little goodie girl but I like this more

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Top Aerith and Bottom Tifa, just as the lifestream intended

joined Oct 25, 2010

This is okay ! Sometimes lovers express themselves differently from time to time . As long as they love each other , love can manifest in many ways!

joined Feb 14, 2023

This is a shounen artist that really enjoyed final fantasy ships

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/five_point_perspective#58

THIS is why Aerith is a top. And even in OG, when it came to Tifa, she has always had top energy. I wish the doujin was depicted the way Aerith's perspective is at the end, because that was very much nailed it in-character feeling. I think the main thing that took her OOC was the eyes looking so menacing, almost sephiroth vibes, which is :puke:.

Also what muteKi said in above posts.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I think the main thing that took her OOC was the eyes looking so menacing, almost sephiroth vibes, which is :puke:.

I think that's actually mostly because of the perspective changes. The whole thing is about this one event from the perspective of all the different characters, and that's how Tifa views Aerith in the moment. If you look at Aerith during all her own perspective scenes, she's smiling and never looks menacing, once.

I won't argue that Tifa viewing her that way isn't OOC in some way too, but I think that's part of the mission statement, hence why it's a "five point perspective".

joined Mar 15, 2024

I think the main thing that took her OOC was the eyes looking so menacing, almost sephiroth vibes, which is :puke:.

I think that's actually mostly because of the perspective changes. The whole thing is about this one event from the perspective of all the different characters, and that's how Tifa views Aerith in the moment. If you look at Aerith during all her own perspective scenes, she's smiling and never looks menacing, once.

I won't argue that Tifa viewing her that way isn't OOC in some way too, but I think that's part of the mission statement, hence why it's a "five point perspective".

I agree with you.

joined Oct 25, 2010

Tifa and Aerith are precious friends and would do anything for the other out of love

To reply you must either login or sign up.