Forum › Anime season

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Ahhh! I'm excited for Shut-in Vampire Princess. Looks like it'll be a blast! That OP will definitely be nice to listen to every week.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

For those that may want to take part. This was posted in the r/Yuri subreddit Here

Anime Survey 2023 from the [International Anime Research Project]

Hello, the International Anime Research Project team is calling on all anime fans (18 years of age or older) to participate in the 2023 anime survey. The survey is anonymous and should take less than 30 min to complete. Participants are eligible to win a $50 Amazon gift card (draw entries will be confidential and not associated with survey responses, up to 20 cards given).

In this year’s survey we will be collecting demographic information (e.g., age, gender) and opinions regarding engagement with the fandom, fan capital, attitudes toward censorship, political attitudes, motivation, perceived accuracy of portrayals, sexual attitudes, and well-being.

You can contribute to the psychological and sociological understanding of the anime fandom by completing the anime survey online at:

https://tamuc.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8BKbnQ58IlY6WPk

If you know of any anime fans over the age of 18, please help us spread the word.

The survey will be open until September 15, 2023.

If you are interested in how we use these data, see our website at: https://sites.google.com/site/animeresearch/

Thank you!

Dr. Stephen Reysen, Texas A&M University-Commerce, stephen.reysen@tamuc.edu

Dr. Kathy Gerbasi, Niagara County Community College, kathleencgerbasiphd@gmail.com

Dr. Sharon Roberts, Renison University College, University of Waterloo, serobert@uwaterloo.ca

Dr. Courtney Plante, Bishop’s University, cplante@ubishops.ca

Untitled
joined Jan 23, 2022

^Wow, survey toward adults huh. But why so much question about sexuality with ROBOT !!!

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Im assuming all autumn anime are confirmed by now.
So ofcourse the importance of all-girl shows, which was rather dry this season. Although Bang dream MyGo was amazing[ep 10 is peak]

Dekoboko Majo no Oyako Jijou - Cant believe it, but hopefully not yuri but just wholesome with how its a mother-daugther anime.

Kizuna no Allele 2nd Season - promoted nfts last season, gonna be terrible probs

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 3 - horse girls

Rail Romanesque 2 - short anime about train-girls. not noteworthy

Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon - yuri

Potion-danomi de Ikinobimasu! - Female mc, dont know much about it aside from that. Just good we get more female isekia. Cuz male MCs tend to be boring

Hoshikuzu Telepath - More yuri

SHY - Does have some important male characters, but focus is on Shy and her subtext friends.

The iDOLM@STER MILLION LIVE! - Standard idol stuff I assume.

Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou - Even more yuri!

Also some good stuff for motorsport fans like me, but MF ghost and overtake are both male focused, so gotta wait for the female open-wheel anime in 2024. Although I love the GR86, so ill accept the male MC for this one time.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Im assuming all autumn anime are confirmed by now.
So ofcourse the importance of all-girl shows, which was rather dry this season. Although Bang dream MyGo was amazing[ep 10 is peak]

Dekoboko Majo no Oyako Jijou - Cant believe it, but hopefully not yuri but just wholesome with how its a mother-daugther anime.

Dekoboko is just silly comedy. afaik from the manga there's nothing romantic to the daughter's overbearing mothercon tendencies. the "my mom is the most precious thing ever and if some stinky man gets close to her i'm gonna curse him to death" flavor

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

It's pretty juvenile, and not about any kind of healthy relationship

Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon - yuri

It is yuri, but it's also an action-fantasy quasi-farce mash-up. Where the main love interest is a sexual harasser

Potion-danomi de Ikinobimasu! - Female mc, dont know much about it aside from that. Just good we get more female isekia. Cuz male MCs tend to be boring

It's still pretty boring

Hoshikuzu Telepath - More yuri

Eh... the manga does have some yuri, but I don't really expect the anime to get that far. Mostly going to be drama

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Eve with another Animated music video!! https://youtu.be/Gw96jPDtoDQ

joined Jun 21, 2021

Eve with another Animated music video!! https://youtu.be/Gw96jPDtoDQ

Eve + lesbians is the biggest crossover event of the year

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The trailer for SHY looks pretty solid! some really nice art direction too, I still can't believe we have an anime! https://twitter.com/SHY_off/status/1699437300571058366

Also, because I saw that video of Eve, I was recomended MILGRAM too and oh my Lord, I was not prepared https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8LXRPnaqrs Warning, implications of violence and abuse

There seems to be a whole lore with previous videos (and cult and things like that) but I don't know if I want to go that rabbit hole lol well is all fiction of course

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I knew the day would come, never lose hope!!! (I was off by a few months)

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

From Murder girl farce[nudity and spoilers]

== ==

The morning after you go to bed without turning off your swag

last edited at Sep 13, 2023 6:00PM

joined Oct 19, 2022

Ooohhh. Oh jeez oh shit oh fuck
https://twitter.com/MadokaMagicaUSA/status/1700786135687897127?t=0pZV6uKi_nuQJBP9JjlWng&s=19

Wooo nice! Worth the wait, yes siree.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

New trailer released for Hoshikuzu Telepath
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgvzpVWYUQ8

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Family Circumstances of the Irregular Witch (Tall adopted daughter, short mom) trailer dropped. Honestly, about what I expected from an anime adaptation of it.

Crunchy Youtube

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Watched the first 4 episodes of Frieran. I’m really enjoying it so far. It’d been awhile since I read the first chapters, it was nice to go back to the beginning again.

joined Jun 21, 2021

I'm in Love with the Villainess: Good. Straightforward pace through the first setup chapters, if they keep this volume up we might actually reach beyond what's currently translated (unlikely but one can dream~) SO looking forward to see all the shenanigans in action

SHY: Really strong first episode. I haven't read any of the manga yet but this is real good, I'm intrigued. And also it already has bigger "oh she hecking gay" vibes than 99% of all other shonen series, I can so work with this :D

Frieren: Another i haven't read yet and am instantly intrigued by. The OP is a banger, as always with Yoasobi, and premise instantly drew me in. The artstyle gives me giant "retro" vibes, like, it feels exactly like Monster from the same studio from 2008. But in HD. Real neat~

Witch Family: About what i expected. Exact amount of over the top slapstick comedy as the manga, simple. Not gonna blow anyone away but will be fine entertainment to turn off the brain to xD

last edited at Oct 2, 2023 3:16PM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

IFTV came out swinging! Multiple dubs day one; BD box set preorder already announced with pretty good bonuses. I’m ready for a fun season!

joined Aug 29, 2019

Never managed to get into SHY and IFTV in Manga format, even though I should be enjoying them. Time for the Anime adaptations to change that.

IFTV's dub is really promising so far. Hannah Alyea (Rae) has been doing amazing work overall.

Gonna wait for the SHY dub.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

SHY is super impressive as an anime. High-tier animation, great direction, and I swear they're actively emphasizing the yuri vibes

The WataOshi is hilarious and quite ugly. Not entirely sure what to make of it yet; may well fall apart once it needs to get serious. But the first episode is a good time, at least

joined May 29, 2020

Some other shows that you should look out for:

The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You (Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo). Yes, it is a harem (taken to a ridiculous degree) but from my understanding, their are yuri subsects in the harem (both subtext and text).

Girlfriend, Girlfriend season 2. Again harem and less stuff than 100 Girlfriends in terms of yuri, but season 1 provided some moments that indicated that the girls might have some feelings for each other too.

Otona Precure '23: adult pretty cure series. Could let them go further than the main show (which went far in yuri depending on the season) and the trailer seemed to indicate a Karen/Milk moment.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Otona Precure '23:

I am just worried about the splash star girls, what with the rings Saki is wearing...

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Personally I think the Hoshikuzu Telepath anime is a bit blandly pleasant to really be effective at what the manga was doing, but it is something you can watch, and might eventually get to the yuri parts?

I'm not really a horse girl person, but it seems like the new Uma Musume season's protagonist has a girlfriend?

The Vexations of a Shut-In Vampire Princess is... definitely yuri, and worse things have been spoken about positively on this thread (I give it a 3/5)

Lots of good stuff this season, but WataOshi and Shy are the main yuri and yuri-adjacent ones

joined May 29, 2020

Girlfriend, Girlfriend season 2 ep 2 once again has Saki state she loves cute girls and stated she loved Shino when they first became friends (granted the context in this case would be "i really like you as my friend" considering Saki and her are only friends but still)

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Fun stuff this season.
I really like the in love with the villainess OP, idk it's pretty catchy and I always pause on that one frame

Caught up on Yuri no oshigoto as well. I assume we aren't getting a second season, right?

Otona Precure '23

This one has very high odds of being a complete mess, but there could be greatness as well.

To reply you must either login or sign up.