Forum › Operation Demon Castle Date! discussion

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

ah, I do love Demon Queen x Human Princess, it hits that exact same fantasy yuri itch that Hero (woman) x Demon Queen does.

Ren%e2%80%99py_logo_6-13-6_200x307px
joined Jan 21, 2023

My first reaction after reading the first four chapters was:

"What the fuck is wrong with this Demon Castle?!? It's full of evil nasties who do nothing but try to hurt you!!"

And then I thought: "Oh... right. D'oh."

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I dig this more than most "fall in love with the villainess" love plots. Mostly because there's some danger involved and the evil forces are actually evil. At least to some degree. I thought this would end up being just a comedy slapstick with some incompetent demons and their goofy shenanigans but so far in 4(+1) chapters we had two attempts to kill or at least harm the princess.

I guess it's a bit too early to say anything else. The princess seems like the caged bird type who wants to be set free and not much was said about the demon lord herself. But I do like it so far, so I can't wait for more.

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

So, last page of Chapter 1, that bandage around the ring finger is pretty torn up. Foreshadowing to a flashback showing they met long ago.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

So, last page of Chapter 1, that bandage around the ring finger is pretty torn up. Foreshadowing to a flashback showing they met long ago.

Huh. Incidentally, I liked the cute bit of continuity two pages earlier--sitting on the throne, she still has the princess' band-aid on her knee.

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

i don't know why aquariums specifically are the go-to yur8 date but sure. also i think that mermaid is going to try yo graft the princess' legs onto herself or something

joined May 26, 2016

I dig this more than most "fall in love with the villainess" love plots. Mostly because there's some danger involved and the evil forces are actually evil. At least to some degree. I thought this would end up being just a comedy slapstick with some incompetent demons and their goofy shenanigans but so far in 4(+1) chapters we had two attempts to kill or at least harm the princess.

I guess it's a bit too early to say anything else. The princess seems like the caged bird type who wants to be set free and not much was said about the demon lord herself. But I do like it so far, so I can't wait for more.

I love how you just assume that the demons are the evil ones when it could very much be the human side. First girl littreally thought the princess was trying to undermind her lord and aggression at her is expected since she just explained they had a war.

last edited at Jul 7, 2023 9:29AM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I feel like this could be titled, "Princess Doesn't Dare Fall Asleep in the Demon Castle."

last edited at Jul 7, 2023 10:12AM

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

I love how you just assume that the demons are the evil ones when it could very much be the human side. First girl littreally thought the princess was trying to undermind her lord and aggression at her is expected since she just explained they had a war.

Okay, I know that “humans are the evil ones” is a common trope in this kind of work, but in this case there are at least two different creatures that eat human flesh, a reference to humans as an “inferior species,” an apparent attempt on the princess’s life by a jealous crab queen, and a siren who I’m pretty sure is trying to steal the princess’s legs. Even if it turns out that the humans aren’t exactly bastions of purity (which seems likely), it feels pretty safe to say that the demons here are appropriately demonic.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

It feels more like the demons just want the same things the humans have but can't get due to the actions of the humans.

We might even get a future mention as to why the humans and demons fought.

Which,more often than not,was the humans' fault to begin with.

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

Is really no one among the demons general worried that Diana will probably kill in an horrible way anyone who touches her future wife? I mean, I know this is mostly for comedy purpuse, but they should try at least to be a bit less obvious with their murder intents?
I'm really liking this BTW. I wonder if a war is going to start again because the princess is missing-

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

AQUARIUM DATE AQUARIUM DATE AQUARIUM DATE
I'm expecting them to get married by ch10 or so now

joined Aug 6, 2023

I'm expecting them to get married by ch10 or so now

It will take more time for that tho

To reply you must either login or sign up.