Forum › Asako discussion

Pfp2
joined Jan 11, 2022

I really appreciate you picking saving this manga Daphie, it's really great so far!

And while the content isn't something I'd exactly show my friends it is spicy, I like that spice!

joined Oct 15, 2021

Thanks for translating, if you've (or anyone for that matter) read past chapter 31, is the blond woman with wrinkles Asako?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Whoa, Miki... As horrible as she was and in a way still is, she must have gone through some seriously horrible stuff to regress to this kind of childish behavior...

Looking East
45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Hm. Tags like "bullying" and "smoking" are making me hesitant. But it is good, is it?

Seen a few too many cigarettes put out in somebody's eye?

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

To use an obscure phrase from Ancient Greece, shit is poppin' off.

last edited at Jul 9, 2023 2:24AM

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

I'm on MD and hence read it up to 22. The story triggered me a lot, especially 17. Be warned. But keep on reading. I myself am a victim, so it is way too close to home, but I am trying to read it as if for therapy purposes. Keep it slow. If an entire chapter is too triggering, skip it.

last edited at Jul 9, 2023 4:59AM

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I'm on MD and hence read it up to 22. The story triggered me a lot, especially 17. Be warned. But keep on reading. I myself am a victim, so it is way too close to home, but I am trying to read it as if for therapy purposes. Keep it slow. If an entire chapter is too triggering, skip it.

You're reading it in Chinese then I'm guessing? Can't wait to make more progress! These chapters are a lot of work though, but rewarding.

joined Mar 18, 2023

Ch 17
triggered me because I was in his shoes.
Regular person would never react to a request like that.

If you have been molested, your inner child stop growing unless there is something that can help you, which are not too much. People usually play with others who have the same inner child age. That means in this case, Asako (or Moroboshi what have you...) psychologically or emotionally or both is the same age as the MC who is still in middle school. Inner child age does not have to be a child; it merely reflex when the inner child stop to grow. Could be 4, 14, 34, 54!!

last edited at Jul 11, 2023 1:23AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Dude, Masina, haven't you been banned for posting spoilers enough times already?

joined Mar 18, 2023

^
Now there is not much to show after blackening it. 17 is in MD, there is no secret. If I find and post 30, thats another matter.
People actually know who I am despite this is one of those manga people seldom if ever read it, or dare to keep reading it. If Princess Daphie does mind, she will let you know and wipe out my comment.
Part of the reason I post is to see if someone else experienced what I or the character did. You can calling this part of a large healing process.

last edited at Jul 11, 2023 1:29AM

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

^
Now there is not much to show after blackening it. 17 is in MD, there is no secret. If I find and post 30, thats another matter.
People actually know who I am despite this is one of those manga people seldom if ever read it, or dare to keep reading it. If Princess Daphie does mind, she will let you know and wipe out my comment.
Part of the reason I post is to see if someone else experienced what I or the character did. You can calling this part of a large healing process.

I don't have any control over the comments, I just upload my chapters, that's it. I do agree that here there hasn't been any problematic reveals, but I would also be annoyed if that happened, lol

joined May 24, 2014

After all that time Miki was still Miki

And that's terrible

joined Oct 2, 2021

Miki take a paddle in a barbed wire canoe up shit creek

joined Mar 18, 2023

Abuse and neglect through generations.Asane mo seem to be a potential abuser.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Now there's some surprising reveals... Although as we've seen in this manga before, not everything you hear will necessarily be the truth. We'll see...

joined Aug 6, 2023

Manga already ended. Was good one tho.

ZippyZapmeister
Yatsude_!
joined Jan 13, 2019

This chapter had me doing backflips /pos

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Someone's sick.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I got impatient and searched for the raws after binge reading this, but passed out from fatigue as I skimmed through them (horribly out of order because I wanted to see how it ended LOL) and ended up having a dream about the events of Asako. While I personally can't relate to any of the characters, the story was very interesting and I feel like it'll stay with me for a while.

Thanks for posting this here (and on reddit), Daphie! I actually only clicked it because of the controversy warning, lol.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Things are getting more and more interesting.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Thanks for posting this here (and on reddit), Daphie! I actually only clicked it because of the controversy warning, lol.

I wanted to give the series a little more chances at getting some visibility, hahaha, and also avoid too many incendiary comments by warning the thin-skinned people. Happy you got sucked in because of it! My policy when I scanlate is I don't read ahead, so you've seen more than I have!

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

This actually seems really good... I've read a few chapters here and there but I'm not sure if I should commit to it. It makes you want to root for Asako and the mc which kinda disturbs me. Also this chapter was a bit too much... but it doesnt seem like a fetish manga somehow. Maybe if it is mentioned as abuse in the story then I'll be more understanding. I don't think Asako is a bad person but she's definitely doing something wrong and this story seems quite realistic so it's hard to view it as "it's just manga".
I think for that boy, even though he loves her he doesn't have the maturity to handle an adult woman's issues and he ends up feeling too dependent on her, as would be the case with any such relationship. I don’t remember their exact ages. She is stringing him along in a weird relationship that is very unequal even if she's not outright abusing him. Anyway, I read somewhere that, even given the argument that a relationship like this might not cause harm to the child it still makes it wrong to go into it because of the high probability that it will cause harm.

ZippyZapmeister
Yatsude_!
joined Jan 13, 2019

I love this dynamic told in long-form, Older Sister Figure Abusing Her Position As A Target For First Sexual Desires is an underrated character trait. Does anyone know any other stories with a similar storyline? Preferably completed so I'm not on the edge again, yuri or het is fine. Something like Kimi wa Shoujo

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Oh shit

What's that whistling sound

It's the hype train, son.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Just as expected, it's revealed that Asa-nee may be alive after all. Although the first part of the chapter did a fine job of making us consider the worst with her coughing.

To reply you must either login or sign up.