Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

I guess Ssamba consiously keeps us in the dark about Seol-A's feelings. There is a hint of earlier love though. Just before the end of chapter 18 she thinks: "Something like this happened before" I think she had those feeling for the girl who used her to get near Ji-Hwan.
Worse than not knowing love, the first time she is in love, she is betrayed....add up the anger she feels when she thinks back of this girl in chapter 23 and you get this.
And rereading chapter 23, there is something scary about Seol-A's possessiveness.

good points. I haven't really read it this way. I thought that she was only complaining about losing a friend. As a friend. But you may very well be right, that was in fact more than a willing to be friends

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I guess Ssamba consiously keeps us in the dark about Seol-A's feelings. There is a hint of earlier love though. Just before the end of chapter 18 she thinks: "Something like this happened before" I think she had those feeling for the girl who used her to get near Ji-Hwan.
Worse than not knowing love, the first time she is in love, she is betrayed....add up the anger she feels when she thinks back of this girl in chapter 23 and you get this.
And rereading chapter 23, there is something scary about Seol-A's possessiveness.

good points. I haven't really read it this way. I thought that she was only complaining about losing a friend. As a friend. But you may very well be right, that was in fact more than a willing to be friends

Personally, I think she just though of this girl as a friend. If it was more, I don't think she would looks so clueless about her feeling for No-Rae. Up to now Seol-A never seemed to even consider being in love with a girl, all she's complainit and all the flashbacks are about how she can't make girl friends

Honestly, I would be surprised if she had already considered girls as a potential love interest before... Actually i don't think she ever fell in love before No-Rae

last edited at Mar 12, 2015 6:39PM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Personally, I think she just though of this girl as a friend. If it was more, I don't think she would looks so clueless about her feeling for No-Rae. Up to now Seol-A never seemed to even consider being in love with a girl, all she's complainit and all the flashbacks are about how she can't make girl friends

Honestly, I would be surprised if she had already considered girls as a potential love interest before... Actually i don't think she ever fell in love before No-Rae

I don't think she actually admitted to herself/understood that her feelings before were of the "romantic" variety. If she had, then of course she wouldn't be clueless. But I think she did have the same feelings before, because she did admit it to herself in a recently passed chapter, like craptree said. She doesn't understand what these feelings are, but not knowing the identity of something doesn't make it something different, you know? Like having ice cream in front of you, but not knowing what it is or what it's called. It doesn't suddenly mean the ice cream is really chicken. You could call it chicken, and I suppose you could even pretend it tasted like chicken. But ice cream is still ice cream. Weird analogy and a bit pedantic, but hopefully it works lol.

last edited at Mar 12, 2015 6:51PM

joined Mar 28, 2014

Yes, I'd say Seol-A has never been consciously in love at all. She dated guys because she was supposed to maintain her publicity, I guess. Or more like, if everyone does it, why shouldn't I? Look how Ji-Hwan suggested No-Rae to go out just for the sake of trying it out, without really having a mutual feeling. And look how surprised he is to get a 'No'. He believes that the majority of the girls would say yes just because it's the legendary Ji-Hwan, even if he looks ugly to them. And the very same thought goes through Seol-A's head, "how could she reject the Ji-Hwan?"
On the other hand, she clearly always wanted a trustful relationship based on mutual feelings rather than on possible benefits. She thinks that what she's been looking for is friendship, because she can't even imagine herself being gay at this point. She can't even imagine what love is. All she knows is that marring a guy is for the family benefits, dating guys thus doesn't involve romance, majority of girls have ulterior motives, and what she wants is just a girlfriend who she could trust and rely on. Seol-A doesn't understand romance at all at this point. But she clings to No-Rae so forcefully because she finds in No-Rae exactly what she's been looking for. And probably she thought she found the same in that girl from the flashback. So for Seol-A it's going to be one hell of a ride, discovering her sexuality and love as a name for the feeling and emotions she's experiencing.

And with No-Rae it's a slightly different story. She clearly knows what a true feeling of love is, but she's been hurt by such feelings, so she's scared to love others. It seems it nevertheless somehow works with Seol-A. Probably because Seol-A is a girl, and No-Rae didn't expect from herself to fall for a girl. But apparently there's something in Seol-A's physical body that No-Rae can't help but really like. So for No-Rae that's going to be discovering her sexuality and opening up her heart for romance again..

Tl;dr
HypocriticalLiar summed it up much better than I did I think

last edited at Mar 12, 2015 7:34PM

joined Nov 30, 2011

If you don't mouse over the blacked out lines, it looks like a confidential government document with censored materials when you scroll down lol.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

If you don't mouse over the blacked out lines, it looks like a confidential government document with censored materials when you scroll down lol.

I think most confidential government documents are actually even less blacked out than this in general, lol.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Haha good point! X-P

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Just to clarify, when Seol-a thought "Something like this happened before", she was most likely referring to the time when she slept over at No-rae's house, after being assaulted. I don't think it was a reference to her having any romantic feelings for her past friend. Like some others have said, Seol-a doesn't seem like she's ever experienced real "love" before, so I highly doubt she's ever liked anyone seriously. Otherwise, she wouldn't be so confused and frustrated towards her current feelings for No-rae.

joined Mar 28, 2014

blacked out lines

actually it's my only reason to help with scanlating FF

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I don't think she actually admitted to herself/understood that her feelings before were of the "romantic" variety. If she had, then of course she wouldn't be clueless. But I think she did have the same feelings before, because she did admit it to herself in a recently passed chapter, like craptree said. She doesn't understand what these feelings are, but not knowing the identity of something doesn't make it something different, you know? Like having ice cream in front of you, but not knowing what it is or what it's called. It doesn't suddenly mean the ice cream is really chicken. You could call it chicken, and I suppose you could even pretend it tasted like chicken. But ice cream is still ice cream. Weird analogy and a bit pedantic, but hopefully it works lol.

Even so, if I remember well Seol-A was surprised at how she was thinking of No-Rae (Like how cute she is and things like that). Even without admitting it is love, if she had these kind of feelings before she shouldn't be surprised.
I'm still betting for no more than friend

last edited at Mar 13, 2015 6:09AM

joined Apr 14, 2013

I wonder why ji-hwan on the beach did not seize the opportunity with norae, because he said that a gesture could be misinterpreted. Why try now? Certainly he has grasped fully the beauty of norae, which shows that it is not a superficial boy, indeed.

I'm glad he didn't "seize that moment" because it came off as hella rape-y to me. Drunk on the beach and you really think now is the time to confess feelings? No, that looks suspect as hell (and predatory) so yea, that's that

joined Jan 31, 2015

Fan art by Forbidden-Lover-Girl a.k.a. moonfrost13:

Fluttering Feelings

These two lovely ladies continue to make my heart flutter each week.
Honestly, I haven't created fan art in... a decade. lol. But I felt so inspired while following along with Seol-a and No-rae's blossoming love story that I pushed myself to learn the basics of photoshop in order to draw this artwork of them. ^^

They're from the ongoing manhwa/webtoon "Fluttering Feelings" (aka Exciting Feelings). I highly recommend reading it.

Source:

http://forbidden-lover-girl.deviantart.com/art/Fluttering-Feelings-519854748
http://orig07.deviantart.net/cce4/f/2015/072/1/6/fluttering_feelings_by_forbidden_lover_girl-d8liaho.png

http://moonfrost13.tumblr.com/post/113504035519/these-two-lovely-ladies-continue-to-make-my-heart
http://40.media.tumblr.com/93b38f64456e6059c113e10a37aadf3c/tumblr_nl5dfp5Xce1qj60sho1_1280.png

There is way too few fan art of FF out there, whether on DA, Pixiv, so on.
(By few, I mean practically none.)

Edit: This artist is in fact moonfrost13 who posts here! Added extra source link.

last edited at Aug 17, 2015 11:59PM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

^Aww cute. I don't think enough people have heard of it, unfortunately.

Even so, if I remember well Seol-A was surprised at how she was thinking of No-Rae (Like how cute she is and things like that). Even without admitting it is love, if she had these kind of feelings before she shouldn't be surprised.
I'm still betting for no more than friend

Heh due to further clarification from Halmoni, I will have to acquiesce to your point. Kudos! I tend to get carried away in analyzing stuff I read; residual damage from high school even after all these years.

Annnnnnd on another note, I feel like I'm consistently waiting for this manhwa to come out. sigh Slave to the comic haha.

last edited at Mar 15, 2015 3:37AM

Thumb
joined Dec 23, 2014

Chapter 27! http://comico.toast.com/titles/85/chapters/27

Seol-A is really touchy with No-rae in this chapter~ O///O

last edited at Mar 15, 2015 10:53AM

CrescentLuna25
Ayase-aragaki%20-%20copy
joined Jul 20, 2013

Chapter 27! http://comico.toast.com/titles/85/chapters/27

Seol-A is really touchy with No-rae in this chapter~ O///O

yhep, I think Seol-a has started makin' her first move on No-rae. Kyaa! It also looked like No-rae was confused or sumthin'

Tumblr_nt8411tibj1trx9pno1_r1_1280
joined Apr 7, 2013

Oh, wow, I didn't expect to see my fan art here. Thank you for sharing it. It means a lot to me that it's being enjoyed by fellow FF fans. :) I normally search for fan art or read fan fics as a way of coping with the wait time between releases but, since I couldn't find any for FF, I decided to attempt making my own because I was desperate. haha.

Woo! I have no idea what they're saying but, I could cry tears of joy just seeing them together again. <3 Do I also spy a hint of jealousy on No-rae's part peeking through or is that simply my wishful thinking?

CrescentLuna25
Ayase-aragaki%20-%20copy
joined Jul 20, 2013

Thanx for the translation, Halmoni~

At the end part where No-rae remembered what Ji-hwan said "Feelings are like that. But if you lie down and let them grow, one moment they'll suddenly push you out of nowhere. And once you've figured that out, it's already too late." while looking at Seol-a, that has to mean sumthin! No-rae's at the confuse stage now. I think xDD

last edited at Mar 15, 2015 12:59PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

At the end part where No-rae remembered what Ji-hwan said "Feelings are like that. But if you lie down and let them grow, one moment they'll suddenly push you out of nowhere. And once you've figured that out, it's already too late." while looking at Seol-a, that has to mean sumthin! No-rae's at the confuse stage now. I think xDD

No problem!

I think the last line ("And once you've figured that out, it's already too late") was meant to confirm that No-rae has feelings for Seol-a, and she just realized it herself.

last edited at Mar 15, 2015 1:05PM

Thumb
joined Dec 23, 2014

No problem!

I think the last line ("And once you've figured that out, it's already too late") was meant to confirm that No-rae has feelings for Seol-a, and she just realized it herself.

Kyaa! I'm rollin' around fangirling like hell! xD

mikasamikasa77
Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

No problem!

Thanks halmoni, so much!! I think the same think about the last line.
And 'sweet as Norae somehow look for and where is it always happens Seola, just like lovers do, somehow they are always in the same place. And even the mother of Seola realized that her daughter is in love. I'm curious how the author go ahead

joined Mar 28, 2014

wohooo!!!! halmoni!!!
I'm so excited! Such a great Sunday evening present!!! Thank you soooooo much!!! <3 <3 <3

So No-rae finally realised her feelings!!! Waaaah!!! I'm so curious how she's going to react now!!

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Thanks so much Halmoni, as always, for the translations!!!

Wait hold on....can someone explain if No-Rae was the one to figure out her feelings first (which I definitely didn't expect, but explains her behavior), why is it "already too late"?? Gods, but this chapter was freaking amazing.

On a new note, Seol-A looked like she was going to cry....is it because she didn't think No-Rae believed her, or....?

Finally, I thought it was cute, because Seol-A told a white lie about the guy (if he was her classmate, he would have had her number right? It can't be that heavily guarded if that guy she met for two seconds ended up getting it (the same one who she ditched to go with No-Rae to the exhibition). If the latter is true, that might explain; why Seol-A might want to cry is that No-Rae didn't believe her, but then, why did she find the need to lie in the first place? I don't know, I think I'm missing something here...

last edited at Mar 15, 2015 1:32PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So, the source I use has the chapters scanlated up to 22 and raws up to 27 and I'm pretty sure that's like, the official source. Are you using external translations, like the pre edited versions or something?

Av
joined Feb 6, 2015

Thanks so much Halmoni, as always, for the translations!!!

Wait hold on....can someone explain if No-Rae was the one to figure out her feelings first (which I definitely didn't expect, but explains her behavior), why is it "already too late"?? Gods, but this chapter was freaking amazing.

On a new note, Seol-A looked like she was going to cry....is it because she didn't think No-Rae believed her, or....?

too late coz she already fell in love and there is no escape but to accept and face her feeling I think that's how it is haha, only my opinion though..

Wow!!! chap 27 is something unexpected!!! I think I'm too happy to sleep tonight! :D

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Yeah, we're all using just the translated text.

too late coz she already fell in love and there is no escape but to accept and face her feeling I think that's how it is haha, only my opinion though..

lol!! If that's the reason, then I will be a happy camper.

last edited at Mar 15, 2015 1:30PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.