Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Av
joined Feb 6, 2015

^ i totally understand the feeling! I really like this manhwa a lot so realistic! I want No-rae and Soel-a to accept their feelings and be together already but then I thought if they are already together does it mean the series will be ending too? and thinking about it makes me sad but seriously, i rather see it end than see it dropped or cancelled

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Just so y'all know, the results of the poll have been remarkably consistent from the start, at 3/4 in favour of moving the spoiler discussion to its own thread. We're just working out what the best way to do that is. Hopefully that won't take long.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez Note

Welcome to the sort-of-new spoiler thread for Fluttering Feelings! All the previous discussion has been preserved here since almost all of it is stuff past where we have completed releases so you can just pick up conversation where you left off.

Couple of things to note. First, there is no need to mark spoilers in this thread. Since there's a big warning in the title, that's enough. Second, the rule about not linking to unfinished translations remains in place. You can link to the comico site, but that's it. Halmori can post what they're comfortable with of course, since they made the request in the first place and are doing to the work.

Have fun, and enjoy the discussion.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Nez Note

Welcome to the sort-of-new spoiler thread for Fluttering Feelings! All the previous discussion has been preserved here since almost all of it is stuff past where we have completed releases so you can just pick up conversation where you left off.

Couple of things to note. First, there is no need to mark spoilers in this thread. Since there's a big warning in the title, that's enough. Second, the rule about not linking to unfinished translations remains in place. You can link to the comico site, but that's it. Halmori can post what they're comfortable with of course, since they made the request in the first place and are doing to the work.

Thanks Nez! I think I'll post links for our finished chapters (starting with Ch.6, since we've moved to YuriProject), quite possibly my weekly pastebin links, and the comico direct links, since none of those will contain any links for raw downloads.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Thanks Nez! I think I'll post links for our finished chapters (starting with Ch.6, since we've moved to YuriProject), quite possibly my weekly pastebin links, and the comico direct links, since none of those will contain any links for raw downloads.

That's perfect, I'll leave it in your hands. Of course the chapters will show up here after the usual Yuri Project delay (is it a week right now, I forget) and we're off and running.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

That's perfect, I'll leave it in your hands. Of course the chapters will show up here after the usual Yuri Project delay (is it a week right now, I forget) and we're off and running.

No, there's no delay for YP right now! Probably thinking of Yuri-ism. I'm determined to keep this thread as the home of the black bars. They've nowhere else to go!

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Random pro-tip

By the way, you don't have to keep copying this text. You only need to manually paste it into the Console once; afterwards, you can press the Up Arrow key in the Console to bring up previously entered commands.

Hope this proves useful.

(Come to think of it, it'd be nice if this forum had such a button. "Show all spoilers" or something.)

Oh gosh, this worked wonderfully. :) Thank you!! (Q: The first one worked, but the second one didn't....is it because I pasted it one after another?)

EDIT: Hah, nevermind. It was because of that.

last edited at Mar 19, 2015 12:19AM

Capture
joined Mar 19, 2015

New here! Just wanted to say a big thanks for the work being done to translate Fluttering Feelings. Also thanks to Dynasty Reader for sharing it initially, otherwise wouldn't have found it in the first place! =DD
This comic and 'Their Story' --- are making my days lol!

Capture
joined Mar 19, 2015

Nez Note

I may or may not be addicted to this series. Halmoni and co., if you guys are looking for cleaners I'll be more than glad to help. I'm pretty fast with photoshop. I was 3 seconds away in my excitement from using your rough translations to create some rough English scanlations but then I saw your comment above haha! So, yeah if your team needs help with photoshop let me know.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I may or may not be addicted to this series. Halmoni and co., if you guys are looking for cleaners I'll be more than glad to help. I'm pretty fast with photoshop. I was 3 seconds away in my excitement from using your rough translations to create some rough English scanlations but then I saw your comment above haha! So, yeah if your team needs help with photoshop let me know.

The more the merrier :) We have quite a few people working on cleaning right now, but more help is always appreciated. You can ask around and see how people want to divide the work.
We're currently posting our work at http://safe.yuriproject.net/res/16152.html

joined Nov 30, 2011

How many are on the team exactly? Or at least, volunteering time to help get this series out to the rest of us?

Capture
joined Mar 19, 2015

The more the merrier :) We have quite a few people working on cleaning right now, but more help is always appreciated. You can ask around and see how people want to divide the work.
We're currently posting our work at http://safe.yuriproject.net/res/16152.html

Cool! Thanks!!

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

How many are on the team exactly? Or at least, volunteering time to help get this series out to the rest of us?

I'm not sure on the exact numbers, but I think our current team is something like:
Translation/QC: Halmoni
TLC: Kanaria (possibly on break or she quit)
QC/Raws: jrdp_18, Gulf Standard
Rough typesets/Raws: Quick Cook Oatmeal
Cleaning: kubrick, winter, takachi
Editing/typsetting: Ryo

joined Nov 30, 2011

Oh cool! From what I gathered, it only seemed like a handful of folks working on FF. (I seriously thought it was something like... 4 people lol.)
And, TLC?

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Oh cool! From what I gathered, it only seemed like a handful of folks working on FF. (I seriously thought it was something like... 4 people lol.)
And, TLC?

Before we moved to YuriProject, it really was just 4 people (me, Kanaria, jrdp_18, and Ryo) for quite a while. Once we moved there, more people wanted to help out with cleaning and stuff. TLC is translation check, or basically looking for any errors and making my translations sound nice.

joined Jan 31, 2015

Random Reader:

halmoni:

I'm not sure on the exact numbers, but I think our current team is something like:
Translation/QC: Halmoni
TLC: Kanaria (possibly on break or she quit)
QC/Raws: jrdp_18, Gulf Standard
Rough typesets/Raws: Quick Cook Oatmeal
Cleaning: kubrick, winter, takachi
Editing/typsetting: Ryo

Random Reader:

And, TLC?

halmoni:

Before we moved to YuriProject, it really was just 4 people (me, Kanaria, jrdp_18, and Ryo) for quite a while. Once we moved there, more people wanted to help out with cleaning and stuff. TLC is translation check, or basically looking for any errors and making my translations sound nice.

Wasn't there another guy/girl called "Haggant" also?
Name's in the credits of the first 18 chapters.
Whatever happened to him/her?

Anyway,
though this is often said and repeated (but can never be said enough),
thank you to every single person who does this work completely for free to bring this to us.

And now, some (completely useless) trivia:

Kanaria's (TLC) name is actually No-rae's name in the Japanese version of FF.

In the Japanese version:
Kim No-rae --> 加奈リア Kana Ria
Baek Seol-a --> 白雪由紀 Shirayuki Yuki

You would think they completely changed the names, but from what I can tell, they are mostly actually derived from the original names, in some fairly strange, convoluted ways.
I believe the names came about like this...

Kana:
Kim --> the hanja for Kim is 金 link --> one of the readings of 金 is kana link --> kana can also be written as 加奈 link

Ria:
... No clue. Maybe they could not find an equivalent to "No-rae" that sounds good in Japanese, so they just changed it to a random name.

Shirayuki:
Baek --> assuming the hanja is 白 link
Seol --> assuming the hanja is 雪 link
together, 白雪 --> one possible reading is Shirayuki

Yuki:
It seems to come from:
雪 --> one reading is yuki link --> yuki can also be written as 由紀 which is one of the ways the female given name Yuki is written link
So in fact, they used the word Seol 2 times -- once for the 'yuki' in the family name Shirayuki and another time as the given name, but written differently as 由紀. Maybe because 白 just by itself would have been a strange family name in Japanese. Dunno.

Meanings:

Kim/金 means gold.
It is a very common family name in Korean, Vietnamese and Chinese ("Jin" in Mandarin).

As for No-rae... no clue about the hanja. (I believe this is a native Korean word, as in not derived from Chinese, so I don't believe there is a hanja for it.)
As already mentioned in Chapter 17 and 19, it means "song". link

If my assumption of the hanja for Baek Seol is correct,
Baek Seol/백설/白雪/Shirayuki basically means "white snow".
It is in fact the translation in Korean, Japanese and Chinese for the fairy tale character Snow White:
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Snow_White#Translations
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/백설#Korean

I'm not Korean nor Japanese, so if anyone sees any mistakes, feel free to correct me.

last edited at Nov 15, 2015 1:55PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

anonymous (on page 33):

Random pro-tip

[...] [trick to unhide all spoilers on the page]

HypocriticalLiar:

Oh gosh, this worked wonderfully. :) Thank you!! [...]

Glad it was helpful for you.

Well, this trick is no longer necessary for this thread, since this is now a spoilers thread,
but it might be useful for other threads that have the same issue (most posts being marked as spoilers, so black bars everywhere).

Ah, and I just realized,
instead of using the Console in the Developer Tools (which is slightly awkward to do repeatedly),
you could in fact create a bookmarklet for this.

All you have to do is create a new bookmark on your browser's bookmark toolbar, and put this as the URL of the bookmark:

javascript:(function(){$('.spoilers').removeClass('spoilers').css('background','lightgray');})();

Or if you don't even want light gray highlighting, put this as the URL of the bookmark:

javascript:(function(){$('.spoilers').removeClass('spoilers');})();

Now, you essentially have a 'button' on the bookmark toolbar
such that when you click on it, it will unhide the spoilers on the current page.

(Edit: Fixed.)

(Edit: Fixed some more.)

last edited at Mar 22, 2015 3:29PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Wasn't there another guy/girl called "Haggant" also?
Name's in the credits of the first 18 chapters.
Whatever happened to him/her?

Yep I believe he or she was the anon who was doing rough translations before me, for chapters 1-9 or something. But I started helping out when he/she took a long break due to being sick. I haven't seen them around in a while though.

And yes, you are correct about No-rae being a native Korean name, so it isn't written with any Chinese characters.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Ah, and I just realized,
instead of using the Console in the Developer Tools (which is slightly awkward to do repeatedly),
you could in fact create a bookmarklet for this.

All you have to do is create a new bookmark on your browser's bookmark toolbar, and put this as the URL of the bookmark:

javascript:$('.spoilers').removeClass('spoilers').css('background','lightgray');

Or if you don't even want light gray highlighting, put this as the URL of the bookmark:

javascript:$('.spoilers').removeClass('spoilers');

Now, you essentially have a 'button' on the bookmark toolbar
such that when you click on it, it will unhide the spoilers on the current page.

(Edit: Fixed.)

Oh gosh, this is way better. Thank you again! (I simply like to go back and read the conversations sometimes, so this makes it ridiculously more convenient :) )

Thumb
joined Dec 23, 2014
mikasamikasa77
Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

need black lines here?

O fuXX, seems norae avoids Seola

Av
joined Feb 6, 2015

^that's kind of expected i guess.. but i hope it wont last long.

last edited at Mar 22, 2015 11:32AM

Tumblr_nt8411tibj1trx9pno1_r1_1280
joined Apr 7, 2013

I agree that No-rae reacting this way does make sense and seems in line with her personality. But, it still breaks my heart to watch it unfold. :( Depending on how long she continues to run away, though, I'm not sure she'll be able to escape Seol-a's growing frustration and explosive temper. haha.

CrescentLuna25
Ayase-aragaki%20-%20copy
joined Jul 20, 2013

28's up guys!!!!

No-rae obviously avoids Seol-a! I think she doesn't want her feelings towards Seol-a to grow more or maybe No-rae thinks that her love from Seol-a would only be fruitless. Poor Seol-a, totally oblivious about No-rae's feelings xDD

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Wait guys, we don't need black lines anymore!

And yeah, I was slightly disappointed this chapter...No-Rae's reacting far differently than I expected. I don't understand if it's because Seol-A (does anyone know how her name is supposed to be pronounced? I keep saying Soul-A) is a girl or because she's afraid the same thing will happen as before.

It is funny to see Seol-A get pissed off though, haha.

Side note: I was half asleep when I saw the first paneled flashback (Seol-A talking to No-Rae, both about to sleep) and thought it was happening in 'real-time'. Geez, my heart legit stopped or at min, jumped a beat.

EDIT: Nevermind about Seol-A's name! I just saw Halmoni's previous post about it.

last edited at Mar 22, 2015 11:59AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.