Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

So fast...

New%20pic2
joined Jul 6, 2012

This has an appropiate title

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

eh? I thought that suicide thing was a bit sudden, not totally unforeseen or out of place, but still... the story flow was going nice and then suddenly BAM i'll commit suicide if youre not here! which kind of cheapened miharu's return.

oh well, love this author and would like to see more from them ^_^

Anime-anime-boy-black-and-white-boy-favim.com-1570867
joined May 7, 2014

I wish I had a girlfriend too !!!!!! TT .TT

Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

eh? I thought that suicide thing was a bit sudden, not totally unforeseen or out of place, but still... the story flow was going nice and then suddenly BAM i'll commit suicide if you're not here! which kind of cheapened miharu's return.

It's a thing that people do. When they're desperate for attention they say or do harsh things because they know that it'll get the other person to pay attention to them. I thought it suited what Saya was feeling at the time -- panic and abandoned and lied to -- since the two of them have always been together in that relationship and suddenly Miharu is being nonchalant about going on a date with a guy.

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

This happened to me a couple of times from one of my relationships. At first, the shock is there and the feeling of "responsibility" towards that person. But, as it prolongs, it's very tiring. And yes, not good for the relationship as well. Sooner or later, you'll get the feeling of "Sure! Do whatever you want! I don't care anymore" kind of thing.

41d15eb7093baec072fbb832ad7e1d7d
joined Jun 27, 2014

Threatening to kill yourself isn't the way to show how much you care about someone , Although it will scare the crap out of anyone just hearing the words . But it's a mental game , and if one is going to kill themselves they don't go blabbing about it or say anything they just do it , the only reason she said that is for a dramatic effect to get the result she was hoping for . This time it worked , but what if next time she says it and either the bluff is called or she's forced to do it to save face. It's a sad fact this happens in reality .

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Threatening to kill yourself isn't the way to show how much you care about someone ,

I don't think it was meant to show that, rather I think it was meant to show her desperation. It's a clumsy bit of writing, but I'm pretty sure that was the threat's function in the story. It certainly could have been handled better, but I sort of see the point in providing the other girl with a shock to take her off the wrong path she was following.

Further, it doesn't seem like the sort of thing she'd usually say and she wasn't calculating about it in this case, so I doubt "next time" is an issue.

last edited at Mar 13, 2015 11:09PM

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

happens....it happens...

Dynasty
joined Apr 18, 2013

I think she wasn't serious about killing herself neither was she trying to actually threaten to her "friend". It was more like she was really unstable and emotional at the time so she was saying anything that came to her mind at that moment. I also hate threats in general, but in this case it was kinda sweet - admitting she is really in love with her.

last edited at Apr 9, 2015 4:12AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

One if them is trying to "grow" out of a Class S relationship, because you know, in Japanese society, it's the right thing to do. The other doesn't see a need to grow up out of it and wants things to stay that way forever. That's obvious why she would make a childish threat of killing herself.

Anyway, it's a story, it doesn't have to be tied to reality (suicide threats are serious business). The author used it as shock value, because it's just a chapter long and they needed a way to make Miharu realize that growing up out of this Class S relationship doesn't necessarily mean destroying it, but can also mean "adding more and more to it" and take it to the next level, yes ?

last edited at Apr 9, 2015 4:57AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think she wasn't serious about killing herself neither was she trying to actually threaten to her "friend". It was more like she was really unstable and emotional at the time so she was saying anything that came to her mind at that moment.

+1

Like I said, it's a reflection of her desperation.

One if them is trying to "grow" out of a Class S relationship, because you know, in Japanese society, it's the right thing to do. The other doesn't see a need to grow up out of it and wants things to stay that way forever.

I think both of them are trying to break out of the Class S mold in different ways. One by living up to what society demands (dating boys), and one by sticking to her guns and trying to move forward against the tide. She can't really understand why her girlfriend is betraying that (and her) and it tears her up, so she blurts out whatever without thinking.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

She can't really understand why her girlfriend is betraying that (and her) and it tears her up, so she blurts out whatever without thinking.

It's completely understandable from my point of view why she'd feel betrayed. I'm completely baffled how the other girl can be so utterly dense though. It's made quite obvious that if she kept that shit up she'd be likely to not just destroy their relationship as girlfriends but likely even their friendship itself. She shouldn't have let things get so far that her friend felt that way. (Can't remember names because it's been awhile since I actually read this one. From the name I was actually mixing it up with another one even. That's Midnight Gravity though after checking, not Gravity.)

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Aoi Hana starts at the same point. Chizu dumping Fumi-chan to get married.

At least Fumi-chan didn't threaten to commit suicide.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Aoi Hana starts at the same point. Chizu dumping Fumi-chan to get married.

At least Fumi-chan didn't threaten to commit suicide.

Ootomo Megane has a few stories like that, too. Seems to be a favourite story element of theirs.

joined Apr 19, 2015

Maybe this is the darkness consuming my brain talking, but I think it would have been better if she had killed herself... Just sayin

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Maybe this is the darkness consuming my brain talking, but I think it would have been better if she had killed herself... Just sayin

If you want an ending like that you might try this manga then. Though I'd recommend reading that one even if you don't like that sort of ending anyways because it's still good.

Edit: One of these days I'll actually remember the weird bbcode replacement this place uses.

last edited at Apr 23, 2015 11:26AM

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Upon rereading this after having edited this a couple years prior, I think this merits the "wangst" aka "whiny angst" tag if we have one of those

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

.... emotional manipulation is a no-no, people.

200069l%20(1)%20(1)
joined Dec 25, 2015

I don't know if it's appropriate to laugh at this, but I am laughing.

joined Dec 26, 2016

She completely destroyed her doubts....wish i had someone like this

joined Nov 26, 2017

Mixed emotion, damn this story.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Kind of yeah kind of meh but I still enjoyed it, definitely.

joined Jul 23, 2017

Its a good read I must say

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

...I'd add the abuse tag to this, personally.

You do NOT threaten suicide to get someone to do what you want them to do. That's extremely fucked up.

To reply you must either login or sign up.