Forum › Hayate X Blade discussion

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Yeah, Hitsugi is just awesomely cool looking there, even more than usual, which I'd never thought would be possible. <3

Hkjmgjk
joined Jan 20, 2015

^ Totally agree. Being that baddass and cool at the same time should be ilegal.

It had been a long time since a battle got me this exited. I thought Akira will be giving explosive and solid attakcs against Amachi, but It seems that her mind is distracted with all the troubles with her father. As for Shizuku, she is having a bad time dealing with the unexpectedly so well developed sae´s sword style.

The exitement and the uncertainty of the next charapter its just too much for me to take it.

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Yes. All my Yes.

I love how Hitsugi can go from looking utterly badass on one page, then follow it up with the most ridiculous lariat on the next and it's not out of place one bit. It just wouldn't be Akira vs. Hitsugi if it was serious 100% of the time. I think she's trying to loosen Akira up, getting her back to feeling comfortable so that she can just let loose with her swordsmanship. Same thing with Sae. Both of them are being TOO serious, while Hitsugi and Shizuku are maintaining that nice balance of work and play.

Also, I wish this manga got more attention. I feel like it gets passed over on this site a lot simply because it lacks that all-important "yuri" tag.

joined Nov 30, 2011

I kinda agree King. It's been a very enjoyable series the whole way through. A nice mix of humor and drama that never got to serious or dark (for once as most tend too in these types of stories).

joined Feb 1, 2013

I loved it when the president just says "I'm pitting the future of my and my mothers academy against the paper-thin respect of your father", before utterly dominating the fight, like a total boss! President-sama is a lot of things, but she's no fool when it comes to the battlefield- she's a terror, and poor Mikado has realized the beat she's unleashed!

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

I really want Hitsugi and Shizuku to win... I like ze other two but I'm favoring Hitsugi and Shizuku :3

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I can't believe this level of awesomeness... and then BOOM new chapter, holy Zen.
Thanks a lot ! I really want Shizuku to win o.o

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Man, what an epic duel. I love Histugi's unorthodox sword style--holding the very end of the hilt while using her right arm to brace her attack and defense. It's so weird but it's so cool. It contrasts nicely with Akira's slick but standard iai style. It's like every fibre of her being is made to be Akira's foil. It's also hilarious how they both have the time to make a running commentary on the fight going on beside them. It seems Sae and Shizuku have the more conventional duel going on, but it's just as great because of the weight behind it.

Honestly, I'm as breathless as those girls watching in the stands. It's a fantastic spectacle. More than that, I empathize with what they're feeling--that whole "can I do that? I want to do that! I want to be like that too!" The swordbearers are sitting there, watching the highest-quality duel the school has to offer and yearning to one day find that kind of pinnacle; I'm sitting here, reading these scenes that Hayashiya has crafted and desperately wanting to be able to write such captivating scenarios.

Awesome stuff.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

het development soon????

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

did I miss something? what's with the sudden upload?

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

only the first six volumes are licensed. the uploads are just adding all the missing chapters from volume 7+.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Yeah, what he said. Been meaning to upload the other volumes too, but there were no downloads available for a long time. Pekoe managed to get some though, so here we are.

het development soon????

??? no?

last edited at Mar 11, 2015 5:58AM

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

NOOOOO! SHIZUKU!!! T_T WWWWHHHHYYYYY DX Hitsugi! You gotta wiiiiiin! >_<

AquarianDemocrat
Retry
joined Jan 23, 2012

^^^^^^^^^^

Come on Hitsugi. >>

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Woooooaaaa... Exhilarating stuff.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

"I've fallen in love haven't I?"
:D

next page

"with this odd little universe..."
:|

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

NOOOOO! SHIZUKU!!! T_T WWWWHHHHYYYYY DX Hitsugi! You gotta wiiiiiin! >_<

Shizuku's defeat hurt me so much, I can't put it in words... Akira is really cool but damn I want Kaicho to defeat her and Sae heavy and forcefully!!!! GRRRRR

last edited at Mar 12, 2015 11:29PM

AquarianDemocrat
Retry
joined Jan 23, 2012

"I've fallen in love haven't I?"
:D

next page

"with this odd little universe..."
:|

The chapter title is "She's Stupid, and I Love Her!" That's definitely not referring to the universe! :D

Plus, I think the part in the chapter you're referring to can be interpreted either way. The sentence and the continuation on the page after that can be interpreted as independent:

"With this odd little universe, where there's nothing to think about but myself, my opponent, and my blade... the one who gave my something to stake... was Hitsugi.

That stands on its own. Now look at it all together:

[I decided] I would always come running straight to her. That I would always be by her side. But... at any rate, this person I've found myself joined with... is absolutely the highest grade idiot there is [referencing the title.] And above all else, this sword I hold... was given to me by the greatest person in the world. Well... I guess that goes for me to. I've fallen in love, haven't I? With this odd little universe, where there's nothing to think about but myself, my opponent, and my blade. The one who gave my something to stake... was Hitsugi.

I interpret the last two sentences as being independent. I.e. she's saying in this odd little universe it's Hitsugi who gave her something to fight for, and that's independent of her saying she's fallen in love.

This interpretation is backed by the title, too. :D

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

This fight is getting me all excited! Hope the author doesn't extend it too much and make it boring.

last edited at Mar 13, 2015 3:51PM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Somehow, I kinda feel that Shizuku losing here is more of a setup for Hitsugi's victory. ^^ Sure hope she wins, just love her too much and unless Akira have a sudden change of heart, her winning kinda put a stop to the manga if she does say stop to hoshitori...

joined Feb 1, 2013

I swear, if the Prez looses this fight, then I'm done... We're fast in danger of the extremely PREDICTABLE twist. The Twist has been the norm for so long, that we need straightforward storytelling to keep things interesting.

Aoi
joined Jul 1, 2014

So.. she lost her whole leg?..

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

I LOVE the title for this chapter. All the Beatles themed titles are cool, but the this one just sounds hilarious, and it fits perfectly.

Hitsugi, once again, shows why she's my hero. Utterly FABULOUS barrel roll aside, i loved this line: "I shall keep my promise as well, and pulverize and purify you thoroughly and bring you back to a state of idiocy." Such a ridiculous thing to say, but an important lesson nonetheless. We all need a little idiocy in our lives because we need to nurture that emotional side of us. Here's hoping Kuro can work her idiotic magic on Sae as well.

I also hope Hitsugi's leg holds up, but knowing her, I wouldn't be surprised if it broke and she used it to land the last blow.

last edited at May 7, 2015 8:55PM

joined Jul 21, 2011

I didn't get it, why are Akira and Sae stupid morons? I mean, they are just trying to work out of a bad situation.

Because they aren't doing it for themselves. They don't really WANT to do it. It's the same thing Hayate went through in the farewell festival. She wasn't doing it for herself, that's why when there was no reason to stay, she was sulking. But she finally chose to stay because she wants to.

To reply you must either login or sign up.