Forum › Posts by KingCrimson

KingCrimson
School Zone discussion 21 Dec 06:16
Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Open-eye Yatsude is one scary gal. Straight to the point.

I love her and Kaname. They're like the guardian angels of useless lesbians.

KingCrimson
School Zone discussion 26 Oct 03:36
Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Ahhhhh it's so nice to see them again. I was suffering from heavy School Zone withdrawal. And it's only been a month...

KingCrimson
School Zone discussion 03 Oct 14:51
Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

I think Yokoe's personality is going to be a big plot progression point, because I think that the super-aho Yokoe we see most often is mostly a facade. She is, of course, by and large, an idiot (2 hours looking for a remote? You dork...)

Who hasn't spent hours looking for something extremely obvious? The classic of course being already wearing said object or it being in your pocket.

Oh, yeah, I'm not going to even try to claim to be any better. I've grumbled that I couldn't find my phone to look something up... while talking to somebody over said phone. It's happened at least 3 times.

KingCrimson
School Zone discussion 03 Oct 14:31
Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

aside from looks, introspective Yokoe vs normal Yokoe don't seem similar in the slightest

I wonder how the author plans to execute the serious aspects of the plot like hiiragi and hinase's strained relationship, kei and Yokoe's love drama, and Kaname and Yatsude's past, whatever it is

plot progress hype

I think Yokoe's personality is going to be a big plot progression point, because I think that the super-aho Yokoe we see most often is mostly a facade. She is, of course, by and large, an idiot (2 hours looking for a remote? You dork...), but she's a lot sharper than she lets on. We see snippets of it here and there--such as aceing a science exam collaterally, or being far less silly in flashbacks, or her introspective bedroom chapter. But from what we've seen so far, Yokoe changed a lot from the crucial "it's just a joke." Even Kei notices how, in the chapter early on about cutting her hair, Yokoe has somehow become "like this." It's Yokoe's defense mechanism for keeping the status quo, because if her love and everything else is all "just a joke," then she never has to confront the possibility of Kei's serious answer. Yatsude, too, in this latest chapter comments on the peculiar distance she has felt between the two of them; a distance that Yokoe is maintaining on purpose.

I can't wait to see Kei's side of all of this.

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

I honestly don't see anything supporting that theory... but who knows. I'm certainly eagerly awaiting the next chapter, as you all do, to see how it pans out.

Really? For me I got the whiff of it in the last page of chapter 9 when Fuuka came to the door
Subaru was flustered and trying to fix her hair before opening the door

I mean, when all we had is that one panel at the end of a chapter then maybe that was a possibility, but after the next one it's pretty clear to me that's the face of "oh no not her again". People get uncomfortable for more reasons than having a crush on a person :P

While I'm not fully on the Subaru-has-a-crush-on-Fuuka train, I will say that I disagree with you in that whatever Subaru feels towards Fuuka, she's clearly not annoyed with her company. Subaru is not someone who minces words; if she didn't want Fuuka to be there, she'd say so, instead of asking her to stick around to help her study. She's much closer to being happy to see her than she is to being uncomfortable. I think where a lot of people are also seeing a crush is when Subaru's thoughts say that Fuuka is the "worst," and the following line goes: "The one she really wants to be sweet to her is nee-chan," with the implication being "and not me." There's also added symbolism in that panel as Fuuka is looking away from her, oblivious, as Subaru thinks that.

KingCrimson
School Zone discussion 23 Sep 21:11
Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Oh damn. I can definitely see why Yatsude and Kaname would butt heads now. Pocky-game Kana vs. Open-eye Yatsude would be intense.

And Piyo is so cute. Tsundere gyaru is one of my favourite archetypes.

KingCrimson
School Zone discussion 22 Sep 03:10
Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Finally joining the ranks of School Zone avatars.

Poor Kishiya is going to be at the arcade forever at this rate. And it's nice to see Hiiragi look like she's having fun. But long-haired Utsugi, eh? Wonder what happened there.

KingCrimson
School Zone discussion 19 Sep 20:00
Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Hiiragi definitely needs to have her head cooled a little.

KingCrimson
School Zone discussion 19 Sep 03:14
Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Hah, Hiiragi is going to get befriended whether she likes it or not. Good for her. She needs it.

Also... Utsugi is shorter than Kei?!

KingCrimson
School Zone discussion 17 Sep 19:15
Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Oh. I see. I get it now. It's all so clear.

No, Yatsude. You are the demons.

KingCrimson
School Zone discussion 17 Sep 04:22
Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Man, I love this manga. Such sharp storytelling. I feel for the Hinase sisters; both struggling with their own personal feelings of inadequacy and self-esteem issues, each relating to each other but unable to communicate it properly. Hiiragi seems the more self-aware of the two at the moment, but we still haven't seen much about Tsubaki's deeper thoughts yet. Those'll probably come in this volume when she's with Yatsude. I also like how Hiiragi catches herself when she gets into her negative thought spirals, and it'll be interesting to see how she learns to act on it to get herself moving the the right direction.

Btw Yatsude best girl. I already thought that before, but the cover art just seals it. But I wonder what her own demons are gonna be. Until now she's seemed like the most grounded member of the cast, but surely that can't be it, right? Not with this much angst running rampant underneath the surface. The snapshot of the extra chapter in the table of contents might be hinting at something she's hiding. But then again, with this manga who knows.

KingCrimson
School Zone discussion 18 Aug 02:27
Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Oh, interesting. I noticed that the results board in Hiiragi's flashback is for Seirin Academy, the one Tsubaki said had "cute uniforms." I wonder if she failed to get in, despite being academically strong and getting a medal for kendo, which prompted her "useless" comments. Or maybe she got in, and Hiiragi didn't, and Tsubaki said something along the lines of being okay with turning down Seirin and going to whatever school Hiiragi got into because she would be "useless" without Hiiragi. Hiiragi may have thought Tsubaki was being flippant, while Tsubaki truly believed she couldn't do anything without her sister by her side. Whatever the case, communication is key here, girls.

I really like Ningiyau's writing. Often dropping in little story threads amidst all the silliness. It flows so smoothly.

KingCrimson
Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

I just wanted to say that I appreciate that this manga is still being translated, even after all these years. It's always wonderful when a new chapter pops up outta nowhere.

KingCrimson
VAMPEERZ discussion 31 Aug 05:07
Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

"Do you have the follow-up to this?"
"No I don't. I haven't been able to find it."

Oh Shou you utter troll.

KingCrimson
Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Intelligence: Baka
Charisma: Max

Mari's family was no match for her formidable cuteness.

KingCrimson
Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

A Dowman day is a very good day.

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

"But I was happy to be so broken"

My god. That was intensely sad. It hurts how similar my own--and from what I gather, many people's on here--situation is. Really, the only big differences for me are my not having an overeating or cutting disorder (for me, it's severe oversleeping), and also being male and straight.

That's the thing about depression: it breaks down gender barriers like a Titan breaks down walls, and then indiscriminately ravages everyone inside. And like Titans, depression manifests in many grotesque forms, mimicking and mocking the form and action of a human. Just like how the author's overeating is a terrible deformation of normal eating.

I look forward to reading more of this because all good stories deserve to be heard, but I fear for how I will feel as I do.

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Well. That was a trip. I was entirely unprepared for what lay beneath the surface. Prefacing the story as "bittersweet" is such a massive understatement that it has its own gravity field.

Full recommendation.

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Ahhh, that Takamichi-brand "Friendship." Cooling heads since 2004.

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Oooh, are we getting a Qilin/Kirin?

Also, I love how mature Kobayashi is. Droppin' truth bombs on Fafnir like it ain't no thang.

KingCrimson
KingCrimson
After Hours discussion 27 Aug 00:45
Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

... This manga is incredibly beautiful. And the art's great, too.

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Oh snap, Ooarai's up next. Time for the Centipedes to put their guns on. Reigning Senshado champs vs. audacious Tankathalon upstarts is going to be a fun battle.

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Kobayashi is just so aware of everything that's going on. I love her.

KingCrimson
Gamma discussion 19 Aug 03:46
Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Great googly moogly. That was utterly badass.

And boobs. Huzzah. Now we need the Lednev Maglev to scoop up Yuri and set off into yuri.