Forum › Anemone discussion

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

Damn what an idiot giving up a beautiful princess wife for some snot nosed kid brother. She probably sudoku'd after

joined Aug 23, 2011

Gotta crack a few eggs if you want to make an omelette.

Also, I agree, it would've been better without the last page. Sometimes what you can't see is better than what you can.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Well..... gorgeous art at least?

joined Jul 9, 2021

cute story on paper, not even the remotest semblance to reality. of course the comments are filled with the takes of a bunch of lazy bootlickers, history is determined by the winners and all that.

no one born and raised in a capitalist society should be allowed to have takes on historical revolutions, its impossible to separate propaganda nonsense from reality

joined Jan 14, 2020

Even if it were a necessity of realpolitik to try to extinguish the royal line, if you don't feel somewhat bad about the murder of a blind girl who'd never directly hurt anyone (helped along in this case by threatening a child with death), you're missing some basic human empathy.

Right now, we have enough money, food and other resources to pay for everyone for the rest of their lives.

No, we don't. This is absurd.

99% of money is currently in pockets of 0,01%

I'm pretty sure those numbers are not correct. But more to the point, it is logically impossible for us to all live like rich people. Rich people do not have to work, but people do have to work for things to get done. There is no magic genie that can turn stored-up money into food and health care. If you "distributed the money" and people all tried living like little Elon Musks, they would soon starve to death because no one was growing and distributing food.

According to Figure 3 https://www.census.gov/library/visualizations/2022/demo/p60-276.html the top 5% of the US get 23% of the income. The top 20% get 52%. So if you simply eliminated the top 20% and spread their money around, the other 80% would double their aggregate income. (It wouldn't be that good in reality since the 20% also do some actual work themselves.)

US GDP per capita and median household income are both around $70,000, where a household is around 2.5 people on average. So again, if you flattened the money around, you could make people about twice as well off (ignoring second order effects). Which would be good, but is hardly "all living like royalty".

(Except insofar as technology already has most of us living better than French Revolution royalty in many ways, but that's already true.)

joined Feb 1, 2021

no one born and raised in a capitalist society should be allowed to have takes on historical revolutions, its impossible to separate propaganda nonsense from reality

This is always the prelude to a bunch of brain-meltingly hot takes that definitely haven't come straight from the Twitter feeds of state-sponsored media outlets

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Mod Note

As the conversation has turned to insults, and was barely on topic in the first place, it's now over. If you'd like to continue discussing the manga Anemone, please continue to. If you'd like to discuss some other, tertiary topic, please take it somewhere else. Further comments deemed off-topic will be removed. Thank you.

last edited at Feb 25, 2023 12:58AM

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

When the discussion section has more action than the story. I didn't even read the oneshot, I got plenty of spice reading this thread.

joined May 30, 2022

Damn what an idiot giving up a beautiful princess wife for some snot nosed kid brother. She probably sudoku'd after

Best comment so far

joined May 26, 2016

Even if it was sad I kinda liked it, like the whole thing didn't felt edgy at all, I hope the princess and her maid can reunite in the afterlife

I don't lol maid can go to hell

last edited at Feb 25, 2023 3:29PM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Mod Note

Okay then. Next post to stray away from the topic of the manga Anemone will be removed and the user responsible banned. Thanks.

Wintergreen6442 posted:

cute story on paper, not even the remotest semblance to reality. of course the comments are filled with the takes of a bunch of lazy bootlickers, history is determined by the winners and all that.

After reviewing this post, you've been banned for a week. It is not acceptable to refer to other users as "bootlickers," and this being supposedly directed at individuals advocating empathy and non-violence makes it even less tolerable.

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

I feel like this could've had more of an emotional impact but the pacing of the story was just too disjointed for me.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I would have preferred a more muted last page. Something about Stue immediately having a sobbing breakdown seems at odds with the tone. We already know that she regrets, but her brother's right there, and if she had really been that determined to protect the princess, she would have fought the townspeople and died with the princess already. The explosive crying would make more sense if she had tried to protect the princess and failed, not in this scenario where she gave up the princess without any resistance and literally led her to her death.

In my mind, it would have been more fitting if the last page was her crouching down to hug her brother while saying that she did save him, her chin over his shoulder, tears silently streaming down her face where he can't see. And then maybe after some time, then she starts visibly showing it and really sobbing.

joined May 30, 2022

Wishing for a new tyrant like Stalin to punish these mobs, the payment for revolution

last edited at Jul 21, 2023 11:58AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.