joined Jan 11, 2017

FINALLY IT'S HERE

joined Jul 24, 2018

Yay, nice to see more lycoreco content

joined May 29, 2021

Maybe this time it won't be bait...

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

Is this going to be an original storyline or is it an adaptation of the LNs?

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

A new scanlation group just for LycoReco? We are truly blessed!

Is this going to be an original storyline or is it an adaptation of the LNs?

It looks like a collection of short stories in the same continuity as the TV series.

last edited at Dec 13, 2022 8:20PM

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Not bait. Subtext. Why doesn't anyone ever learn the difference.

joined Apr 14, 2022

Ditto. Do you think you unilaterally get to determine what is bait and what is subtext? LycoReco was the most blatant bait-not-subtext I've ever experienced (in fact -- it even had a subtext male relationship for you to be able to tell the difference between subtext and bait), and you don't get to invalidate other peoples' experiences by telling them they don't know what words are. If you enjoyed it, all the power to you, but you aren't winning anyone over with this kind of insulting comment.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Wait, people are mangry at Lycoreco for being baity? I thought people enjoy that, hence why vtubers are popular around here.

joined Apr 26, 2022

No yuri tag :,(

joined May 29, 2021

Wait, people are mangry at Lycoreco for being baity? I thought people enjoy that, hence why vtubers are popular around here.

Vtubers are idols and also kindof sort of real people, even if they’re playing a sort of character. That just being yuri teasing makes sense. In a story, be it manga or anime, teasing the idea of yuri and then not going through with anything other than vague undertones is extremely frustrating. Especially since it’s so common. I still haven’t started watching Witch From Mercury and I won’t until I know whether they commit or not. I’ve just been disappointed so many times and it sucks every time so I just don’t want to deal with it anymore.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Finally more gay from Lycoris

It's gay in my eyes and that's all that matters

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Vtubers are idols and also kindof sort of real people, even if they’re playing a sort of character. That just being yuri teasing makes sense. In a story, be it manga or anime, teasing the idea of yuri and then not going through with anything other than vague undertones is extremely frustrating. Especially since it’s so common. I still haven’t started watching Witch From Mercury and I won’t until I know whether they commit or not. I’ve just been disappointed so many times and it sucks every time so I just don’t want to deal with it anymore.

"Back in my days, yuri anime was.."

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Ditto. Do you think you unilaterally get to determine what is bait and what is subtext? LycoReco was the most blatant bait-not-subtext I've ever experienced (in fact -- it even had a subtext male relationship for you to be able to tell the difference between subtext and bait), and you don't get to invalidate other peoples' experiences by telling them they don't know what words are. If you enjoyed it, all the power to you, but you aren't winning anyone over with this kind of insulting comment.

Lycoris recoil was never yuri, subtext, bait or whatever like that in my opinion, nor it was marketed as such. It was obvious it was just a Japanese girls' friendship thing. It is the fault of people who expected yuri from a non-yuri-tagged original anime. Though, I enjoyed the yuri fanart not gonna lie.

last edited at Dec 14, 2022 5:56AM

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

I really wanted the two of them to be a couple by the end of the anime. Well, at least they didn't die.

joined Feb 10, 2022

No yuri tag :,(

They don't dare to do it even if it gets a second season so what you'll see here in this manga is slice of life only.

Psx_20210526_201147
joined Jun 5, 2019

sweet murderers and work for just money
Judge Dredd more lawful than this crap

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Lycoris recoil was never yuri, subtext, bait or whatever like that in my opinion, nor it was marketed as such. It was obvious it was just a Japanese girls' friendship thing.

You can't advertise something as subtext or bait. That's nonsensical. A subtext is a hidden or implicit meaning that the audience sees in a story. By definition, it can't be something that the creator made explicit from the start. And if the creator announced a bait-and-switch in advance, it wouldn't be a bait-and-switch anymore.

It is the fault of people who expected yuri from a non-yuri-tagged original anime.

Why would anyone need to be at fault? Saying that a story features gay subtext doesn't mean that the creator did anything wrong. It doesn't constitute criticism by itself either.

last edited at Dec 16, 2022 8:55AM

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

Based on the flow of the conversation content from page 04-02 to page 06-01 of ch01, I'm fairly sure page 05-02 takes place before page 05-01, which is also the order in two other versions on MDex.
And also, about the bottom right panel in page 01 ch01, I don't think it's the right text content. The repetition of things said in the panel right before makes it sound very stiff and unnatural, and in the other two versions on MDex that text box said the same thing but different from this version, so I suggest the scanlator group to make a double check and edit it if needed.

last edited at Dec 19, 2022 1:06AM

joined Jul 4, 2018

i like to think that the anime didnt even need to have any yuri in the first place. but we got a lot of action from it, lotta guns and violence, with some yuri and yaoi below the surface. i dont believe there is anything rong with that

To reply you must either login or sign up.