Forum › Alcohol and Ogre-girls discussion

joined May 18, 2021

I know I have no right to say this, but I'm dying for the next chapter of this comic ;A;

joined May 1, 2015

Missing my ogre girls + bartender

joined Dec 18, 2016

any news?

joined May 3, 2014

damn how many month did this chapter took ??? are we gonna wait again for like almost half a year?

last edited at Oct 24, 2022 3:08AM

joined May 18, 2021

welcome back!!!!!!!

20211121_035831
joined Nov 24, 2021

damn how many month did this chapter took ??? are we gonna wait again for like almost half a year?

had some irl things happen so i took a break from editing. things have mostly resolved though, so back to your more regularly scheduled gal pals.

on that note, vol 4 has been released as a tank so you guys can look forward to that in the distant future whenever we get through vol 3

b0undarybreaker
C12%20wink
joined Oct 29, 2020

welcome back! I hope things are going alright for you irl yunsu!

the credits-page joke on this chapter is great lol, definitely sharing it around

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Absolute s-tier credit page

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Was the bit about autism really necessary?

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

What a way to finish a volume.
Hope everything goes smoothly for the translating team from now own, or i’ll die of anticipation.

joined Jan 13, 2021

They're baaaaaack, fuck yeah. Great timing, too. I was just rereading this last night and reflecting how it's absolutely one of favorite series in recent memory. The bartending theme lends itself so well to the exploration of a relationship's growth- as Naori and Hinata come to trust each other, drinking moves from ritual to romance, an act of sacred intimacy between bartender and drinker that's infinite in its flavors and by extension the dimensionality of those involved. Alcohol in this tale is both elixir and expose, nectar of a lotus and the blood of dragons, universal solvent and giver of forms, melting in blood and breath to blend emotions to brews, sentiments to spirits, flowing and mixing in a trillion transient moldings that etch upon dancing veins a moment's hue. As shakers sing and glasses clink, Hinata and Naori sing to each other in a language of need, lines between serving and savoring blurring into pulsing pleasure- though Naori may be said to begin the dance by pouring a drink, she receives beforehand a constellation of signals from Hinata, seeing in her starry eyes the keys to her preparative prediction, and as Hinata trills her bartender's praises in intoxication's flush, she rains upon Naori a host of affirmations, coloring the next concoction, which paints in turn this shimmering ogre another hue, emotions sipped richly on by Naori and reprocessed into the next drink, a cycle of mounting gains (until someone passes out or pounces, that is).

In this ocean of exchanges, a passing of the cornucopia, there's such wonderful blooming and expansion, a tremendous glowing and overflow as bodies shaped by circumstance and society now run free of familiar forms and burst into sculptures of spontaneity, running riot in rummish rapture. Hinata's example is perhaps the more obvious, given the spouting of scarlet horns as if to hold more drink, but Naori too grows in these happy hours into her archetypical ideal of a bartender, suave and sensitive, deliverer of great pleasure, unraveller of tongues and times. And especially charming is how this key to this authenticity is necessarily strangeness, an engagement with demonic, occultic, esoteric and eccentric, the quintessence of aqua vitae found in the way one's own spirit flows, the grandest of works achieved in collaboration, making moments golden in the alchemy of love. Over the course of the series, this growth is also unity and fulfillment and regeneration, as Naori no longer sees bartending as something done in places and hours as separate from her non-professional identity, but a holistic discipline and way of life devoted to empathy and attention in all things, an ear for the whispers of parched souls crying out for replenishment, an eye for the ingredients that dissolve differences into a glittering medley far greater than the sum of competing parts. And so too is Hinata moved in fluidity towards a solidity of self, the precious understanding that to be oneself is to give oneself the space to be, that this uncertainty is not limbo, but limitless potentiality, dissolving in the churn of a good drink the line between human and ogre both within and without, blurring in the warm tumult of a party all forms to one, one form to all, revealing to Hinata that her belonging lies not in an essence, species or race, but in places, connections, spirits both hers and others, bonded and brewed. It's wonderful how she becomes more comfortable receiving and demanding, growing vocal with her needs and yet also trusting Naori to read and respond to them, to gift her pleasures she didn't even know existed, just as Naori herself realizes how much she has to give and enjoys giving, seeing a million glorious versions of herself, a billion things to love, all reflected in Hinata's sparkling eyes.

Stories about people learning to love and enjoy each other in ways ever developing, engaged in cycles of resonance and adaptation, are the absolute best, and this particular story's garnishing of the recipe with the occultic and folkloric is a mocktail (my appreciation of alcohol remains largely literary) suited perfectly to my tastes. Lighter drinks can also hit damn hard, as evidenced by Naori's plight at the end of this chapter, and while I feel like this latest adversary may also end up joining our cast of wacky gays (as Mikage proves, taking pieces out of little bartenders is a form of youkai flirting), I do hope all the ominous warnings about curses and dangers fetch us some spicy confrontations. I want Naori to be hunted by her wife's family of magic gangster has-beens and be bodily flung around by giant monster women (she absolutely enjoys it, the natty little freak). I want Hinata to gore someone regardless of the ultimate status of her horns. I want Mikage to use that wicked knife she busted out when we first met her. You can't have a story about drinking or a story about monsters without a few scuffles, and that goes double for this setup. A toast to murder! (this was originally a wholesome comment)

joined Feb 22, 2018
20230113_090020
joined Nov 25, 2018

had some irl things happen so i took a break from editing. things have mostly resolved though, so back to your more regularly scheduled gal pals.

on that note, vol 4 has been released as a tank so you guys can look forward to that in the distant future whenever we get through vol 3

Wb, thanks for the translation.

It's not your job, so always remember that you Come first

Hell even if it's your job, your well-being is the most important thing :)

joined May 1, 2015

That is a serious injury, poor Naori.
I hope Hinata goes all ogre and bust some heads.
Also, I am glad to have this back. Thanks for the translation.

last edited at Oct 24, 2022 7:01AM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

oh yes I love this story and it's great that the return chapter is also immediately the one where things are happening, I wonder how they're going to deal with having Naori's shoulder torn open.

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

this just gets better and better

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Damn what a gash

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

That is a serious injury, poor Naori.
I hope Hinata goes all ogre and bust some heads.
Also, I am glad to have this back. Thanks for the translation.

I think she might want to focus on getting Naori to the hospital first. That’s a pretty gnarly wound. Probably don’t want to let it bleed for too long.

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/alcohol_and_ogre_girls_ch12#8

Small correction: The spirits in a classic martini are Gin and Dry Vermouth, for some reason it says "Dry Belmont" here?

20211121_035831
joined Nov 24, 2021

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/alcohol_and_ogre_girls_ch12#8

Small correction: The spirits in a classic martini are Gin and Dry Vermouth, for some reason it says "Dry Belmont" here?

thanks for the catch! corrections have been submitted

joined May 1, 2015

I think she might want to focus on getting Naori to the hospital first. That’s a pretty gnarly wound. Probably don’t want to let it bleed for too long.

True, Naori needs help right away, but I doubt Hinata is going to be able to contain herself.
This will be a blood festival. I am sure an enraged Hinata will not be pacified until she gets even.

joined Apr 14, 2022

The spirits in a classic martini are Gin and Dry Vermouth, for some reason it says "Dry Belmont" here?
for some reason

To clarify the 'some reason': Japanese makes no distinction between v/b and l/r, so Belmont is rendered in Japanese as ベルモント (Berumonto) and Vermouth is a very similar ベルモット (Berumotto). Pretty easy mix-up to make, particularly if the translator isn't a subject matter expert!

last edited at Oct 24, 2022 10:15PM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I am happy to see this return. I adore this manga.

Fzvftbrxoaepy3r%20copy
joined Feb 20, 2022

So glad this is back!!!

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Those are some way too cheesy over-the-top dramatics ...

To reply you must either login or sign up.