Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

joined Feb 1, 2021

I see it like that after going thru the story in me head.

Yeah, 'bout what I figured.

Might I suggest going through the story in the actual text instead?

Since you're so sure that Buhawi is obviously, self-evidently wrong, would you mind filling us in on the correct reading of that scene?

joined Jul 21, 2020

Since you're so sure that Buhawi is obviously, self-evidently wrong, would you mind filling us in on the correct reading of that scene?

Yeah I'm curious too.
Because it's pretty obvious that Shizuka has moved on. She has left her toxic thing with Kaoru behind. All her heart belongs to Mio now.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Midori's cosplay and poses actually work! https://dynasty-scans.com/system/releases/000/037/770/P004-min.png and https://dynasty-scans.com/system/releases/000/015/967/00025.png for instance. They make her look way cuter/hotter than normal. If she can get and keep Hibiki as a girlfriend, she might even learn to draw!

All the discussion about Kaoru and Shizuka doesn't square with my mental picture of their relationship. Kaoru can be a vamp and a harem-builder, but we see all these girls throwing themselves at her, and Hibiki, with her experience, realised chasing her was pointless. But Shizuka enjoyed her time with Kaoru. Kaoru was pretty honest about where they could go, and as she started developing her crush on Tokino Mayoi, she started being blunt about their time being limited. And Shizuka behaved to Mio exactly as Kaoru did to Shizuka - while Shizuka and Kaoru were still an item.

I think Shizuka is considered to be Kaoru Junior by her fellow students, basically. Beautiful and desirable and flirtatious and self-contained. So if people think Kaoru and Shizuka have a toxic relationship, they're both contributing to that. They are definitely better apart, now that they've gotten their wild stuff out of their system, and Kaoru definitely always regrets having one of her harem leave the fold, but at the same time, Bou-chan won't put up with Kaoru's lifestyle so far, so Shizuka, too, is doing Kaoru a favour.

Midori's very first presentation was not up to her later high standards: "Notice me, senpai!" https://blog-imgs-71-origin.fc2.com/r/o/s/rosenkranz/140311.jpg

last edited at Nov 17, 2022 10:15PM

joined May 17, 2022

Their story makes more sense when you realize Shizuka was basically a sub looking for a new Domme. She has always been holding her leash out to Mio, hoping she'll take it.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

random posted:

I don't see why this comment was necessary. If you have nothing constructive to say, there's really no need to reply at all. Though I do hope you'll take the follow-up comments and contribute your own perspective in a more mindful manner.

joined Nov 6, 2021

Okokok!

The question everybody has, but no one had mentioned...

Who's bottom and who was top?

I don't see the point of top/bottom in yuri, tbh. ^^;

That was, until the Yuzu/Mei top/bottom war started XD

Yuzu being obvs the top guyz ; D

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Buhawi posted:

Buhawi posted:

Buhawi posted:

Okokok!

What are you talking abou. Mio is obviously the top

In general....but I thin, yer right.....but Shizuka is a Powerbottom. Hard to resist her too and she knows,what she is doing.

Total power bottom. But a power bottom is still a bottom

I know, but if ye think about it...shizuka really groomed her to be the Top , piece by piece. Mio got the biggest balls ....or the female equivalent...of them all.
This whole thing still blows me mind and it will continue so.
Still a pity,that sensei doesn't do nudes anymore,because those things were a piece of art!

Thank yous fer yer hard work! Please keep it going.

Not really, Mio clearly showed signes way before in chapter 9 actually.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch09#12

It's more like a power dynamic, much more fan than the usual top/bottom in yaoi

Smallerowl2jpg
joined May 5, 2020

I was about to ask why the worst character gets such a cute chapter... but I've read these over such a long span of time and have such a crappy memory that I got two characters mixed up and was thinking of Kaoru and not Shizuka. Glad I went and double-checked!

Kaoru's the hot bag of trash that doesn't deserve happiness. She should be unceremoniously yeeted into a dumpster, pushed out to sea, wash up on a deserted island, and spend the rest of her days dodging a coconut-throwing monkey that also wants her to go away.

Honestly, I felt kinda the same for Chie originally. To the point where I was kinda hoping the author would pair the two unlikable characters together and then introduce them to Truck-kun. I think it was around when she stopped putting her hair up that I started liking her more. But Kaoru? She's a lost cause.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Buhawi posted:

Okokok!

I noticed Shizuka is still on crutches. I wonder if that impacts people's thoughts on this issue.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Honestly, I felt kinda the same for Chie originally. To the point where I was kinda hoping the author would pair the two unlikable characters together and then introduce them to Truck-kun. I think it was around when she stopped putting her hair up that I started liking her more. But Kaoru? She's a lost cause.

What ? Besides the very couples of chapters where she appear, Chie has never done something remotely unlikable. Fromall the cast, it's an odd choice of character to hate.

joined Feb 1, 2021

Chie's original hairstyle was kind of dumb looking. Yeah, I said it.

20210727_225006
joined Dec 9, 2021

Buhawi posted:

Buhawi posted:

Buhawi posted:

Okokok!

In general....but I thin, yer right.....but Shizuka is a Powerbottom. Hard to resist her too and she knows,what she is doing.

Total power bottom. But a power bottom is still a bottom

I know, but if ye think about it...shizuka really groomed her to be the Top , piece by piece. Mio got the biggest balls ....or the female equivalent...of them all.
This whole thing still blows me mind and it will continue so.
Still a pity,that sensei doesn't do nudes anymore,because those things were a piece of art!

Thank yous fer yer hard work! Please keep it going.

Not really, Mio clearly showed signes way before in chapter 9 actually.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch09#12

It's more like a power dynamic, much more fan than the usual top/bottom in yaoi

One thing is Mio f'sure: a smol simp XD

20210727_225006
joined Dec 9, 2021

Okokok!

That was, until the Yuzu/Mei top/bottom war started XD

Yuzu being obvs the top guyz ; D

Heeeeeeeh? Let the war begin!!!

20210727_225006
joined Dec 9, 2021

Yeah I'm curious too.
Because it's pretty obvious that Shizuka has moved on. She has left her toxic thing with Kaoru behind. All her heart belongs to Mio now.

This escalated quick.....it was just me thought....and it was THE most inpactful scene in this series
......Still, I am curious,how this would look like in an anime or moving manga

joined Mar 21, 2017

Chie has always been cool looking. Fight me.

joined Aug 26, 2022

Really good 10/10 best anime

joined May 17, 2022

Shizuka's not a power-bottom. She certainly wasn't with Kaoru because it's pretty evident that Kaoru prefers to corrupt good girls. That's why she cooled on Hibiki so quickly. See the cotton candy scene at the festival.
Look at Mio and Shizuka's early interactions. Even the moves Shizuka makes that look aggressive are invitations for Mio to take the lead. I think Shizuka was playing at the seductive senpai role to spite Kaoru, but she couldn't help revealing her true nature. She seizes the role she really wants at Valentine's, giving Mio chocolate and assigning her White Day responsibilities. Their first kiss is her inviting Mio to kiss her. She remains seated while Mio stands over her. Shizuka doesn't want control. She only steers Mio toward topping her. She's all bottom. (as mentioned, in a relationship power dynamic sense.) I don't think what Mio exhibits early on is Top energy as much as the single-minded possessiveness Shizuka couldn't get from Kaoru. Shizuka 100% wants to be someone's sole possession, but the most she would ever be to Kaoru is the centerpiece of her menagerie.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch126#6
and then Mio, without realizing it, auditions to be her possessor. Shizuka's eyes on the next page are her realizing that Mio is actually everything she wants. The same eyes as when Kaoru realized she was losing her grip on Shizuka. The same as Kaoru falling in love with Mask at a glance. They're significant shifts in the love triangle. The die is cast in Ch. 126, and what follows is the necessary shedding of a toxic relationship to make room for the new one. Kaoru is a fun character, and I think she could have an amazing redemption arc with Mask, but she still knowingly manipulates Shizuka. It's only this day in the story that Mio begins to understand she has to take the lead. She sees Shizuka's weakness and realizes it's up to her to pull her out from under Kaoru completely. She's always been stronger, braver, and more honest than Shizuka. She only lacked confidence while Shizuka's confidence was only ever a facade. Losing your virginity can be a big confidence boost, so I'm really curious about what happens next. Mio's not going full Yuu-sama anytime soon, but Shizuka's definitely down for the spanking.

joined Apr 8, 2021

Shizuka's not a power-bottom. She certainly wasn't with Kaoru because it's pretty evident that Kaoru prefers to corrupt good girls. That's why she cooled on Hibiki so quickly. See the cotton candy scene at the festival.
Look at Mio and Shizuka's early interactions. Even the moves Shizuka makes that look aggressive are invitations for Mio to take the lead. I think Shizuka was playing at the seductive senpai role to spite Kaoru, but she couldn't help revealing her true nature. She seizes the role she really wants at Valentine's, giving Mio chocolate and assigning her White Day responsibilities. Their first kiss is her inviting Mio to kiss her. She remains seated while Mio stands over her. Shizuka doesn't want control. She only steers Mio toward topping her. She's all bottom. (as mentioned, in a relationship power dynamic sense.) I don't think what Mio exhibits early on is Top energy as much as the single-minded possessiveness Shizuka couldn't get from Kaoru. Shizuka 100% wants to be someone's sole possession, but the most she would ever be to Kaoru is the centerpiece of her menagerie.
and then Mio, without realizing it, auditions to be her possessor. Shizuka's eyes on the next page are her realizing that Mio is actually everything she wants. The same eyes as when Kaoru realized she was losing her grip on Shizuka. The same as Kaoru falling in love with Mask at a glance. They're significant shifts in the love triangle. The die is cast in Ch. 126, and what follows is the necessary shedding of a toxic relationship to make room for the new one. Kaoru is a fun character, and I think she could have an amazing redemption arc with Mask, but she still knowingly manipulates Shizuka. It's only this day in the story that Mio begins to understand she has to take the lead. She sees Shizuka's weakness and realizes it's up to her to pull her out from under Kaoru completely. She's always been stronger, braver, and more honest than Shizuka. She only lacked confidence while Shizuka's confidence was only ever a facade. Losing your virginity can be a big confidence boost, so I'm really curious about what happens next. Mio's not going full Yuu-sama anytime soon, but Shizuka's definitely down for the spanking.

Hey, your ideas are really insightful. I'm curious, what are your thoughts on the other pairings?

last edited at Nov 19, 2022 4:15PM

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Kuriichi posted:

I mean, I totally agree with everything you say, but a pushy and seductive bottom is what I call a power bottom. I'm not saying she's a switch ;)

last edited at Nov 19, 2022 4:51PM

Wallpaper_2~2
joined Jul 4, 2021

I've never given this series attention since I came on the site even seeing for how freaking long it was running.

Now after losing an insane amount of hours of sleep to read all the 261 chp in a week I have drawn my conclusion on this series :

This is a freaking masterpiece in every aspect and deserve all the praise and recognition.

The peapole who religiously worked to bring us this work have all the right in this world to call themselves chads, no less.

Thank you .

last edited at Nov 25, 2022 10:25AM

20210727_225006
joined Dec 9, 2021

I've never given this series attention since I came on the site even seeing for how freaking long it was running.

Now after losing an insane amount of hours of sleep to read all the 261 chp in a week I have drawn my conclusion on this series :

This is a freaking masterpiece in every aspect and deserve all the praise and recognition.

The peapole who religiously worked to bring us this work have all the right in this world to call themselves chads, no less.

Thank you .

AMEN to that! AMEN!

joined Nov 26, 2022

Great analysis, I agree, i also always thought Mio is way stronger, I even think she's smarter. About Yuu though, as I said long time ago on Mangadesk, for me it's Mari the true top (more precisly the one who has the powerpower, see for example chapter 75 page 6 when Mari convice Yuu to stay at Mahi's) she just like to pretend to be bottom for Yuu who lacks a lot of self-confident - and they both enjoy their roles of course. Well, it's more subtile than that of course, always is.

joined Nov 26, 2022

Thank you .

Hell yeah.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Welp, I'm starting on my journey of catching up on this series. I will now read chapter 0!

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Welp, I'm starting on my journey of catching up on this series. I will now read chapter 0!

Wish you a good journey!

To reply you must either login or sign up.