Forum › Like, Share n Subscribe discussion

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

I knew that glass was screwed as soon as the waiter / maitre'd talked about how rare and expensive it was. RIP glass. You gave your life to advance the story a tiny bit.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So Luoluo and Song Li have finally kissed in chapter 63. I honestly haven't seen a burn this slow since Sasameki Koto, and that one was in the 2000s. :'D

last edited at Sep 28, 2022 7:18AM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

So Luoluo and Song Li have finally kissed in chapter 63. I honestly haven't seen a burn this slow since Sasameki Koto, and that one was in the 2000s. :'D

Ever heard of Ouji-sama nante iranai? :D

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

No, but having looked it up, it sure looks intimidating, by sheer size alone. O__o

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

No, but having looked it up, it sure looks intimidating, by sheer size alone. O__o

It's the slowest of burns, a smoldering, if you may. But it's also really good imo ^^

joined Apr 16, 2022

"They seem to be really good friends," he says, as Song Li sits there stone-faced while Luoluo chatters at her lol.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

"They seem to be really good friends," he says, as Song Li sits there stone-faced while Luoluo chatters at her lol.

Song Li is good people, actually, just socially incompetent AF.

Same, tbh

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Same, tbh

Song Li just does it for me. Where's my Kuudere tag?

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

A mom has band-aids on her at all times.

Proper mothering right there.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

A mom has band-aids on her at all times.

Proper mothering right there.

I know, right? Like, how is that even a question?

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

It's the slowest of burns, a smoldering, if you may. But it's also really good imo ^^

Pssssh. Read Lily, then you can talk about the slowest of burns.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I like a bit of dick Hu LuoLuo is since she shifted the bill. Also, yeah she could have probably scammed that restaurant for not paying for the glass as that restaurant not having a first aid kid is both a huge health and safety violation and insurance issue. Insurance would livid that you weren't able to treat the person for first when they were injured.

joined Apr 16, 2022

I (unironically) appreciate that this series is so dedicated to being enemies to lovers slow burn that the instant Song Li starts feeling vaguely positive about Luouluo she does something to piss her off again.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I (unironically) appreciate that this series is so dedicated to being enemies to lovers slow burn that the instant Song Li starts feeling vaguely positive about Luouluo she does something to piss her off again.

This chapter drops a huge hint that Song Li is emotionally numb and mostly blind to her own feelings. The fact is that Luoluo makes her feel something, she just cannot really recognize what it is and chooses to channel it as anger. Also, if I may psychoanalyze a fictional character for a bit, Song Li seems genuinely hurt by Luoluo choosing to represent her as a pig (therefore the anger), which, considering that she can shrug off of the bad PR barrage that she is already under, may mean that despite her ice queen mask, she has already admitted Luoluo into her trust zone and was injured by this (admittedly minor) betrayal.

Also:

Wake up, sisters! New ship content just dropped!

-- The whole Dynasty Reader each time a new series is scanlated

08bfe81a-adc0-4b62-8695-fb0e9feb4b41
joined Nov 14, 2022

I loved the little jab the writers seem to have given this chapter, the two authors were pretty succinct in their definition of a date but it was the “aficionado” who was just needlessly verbose and over the top in their definition. It’s always the enthusiasts who use too many words rather than actual writers.

Ironically kind of what I’m doing right now.

last edited at Nov 15, 2022 5:46AM

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

Wake up, sisters! New ship content just dropped!

On my way!

They're just like me frfr

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Welp, it seems like the original webcomic has ended at 71 strips this week. Not sure how I feel about the ending, felt kinda rushed, and it were a manga, I'd say it got axed and the author had to wrap everything up in a hurry... But at least it's a happy one. :-)

last edited at Dec 2, 2022 11:47AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Welp, it seems like the original webcomic has ended at 71 strips this week. Not sure how I feel about the ending, felt kinda rushed, and it were a manga, I'd say it got axed and the author had to wrap everything up in a hurry... But at least it's a happy one. :-)

OK, never mind that. I seem to have misinterpreted the author's message, and it was just the end of the first arc. The "Couple life" arc started this week.

last edited at Dec 11, 2022 3:42AM

Img_20200321_011342
joined Jan 15, 2020

Where'd yall read this???? TvT been waitin years and ive been searchin head to toe to only find the eng tl stopped at ch 40

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Where'd yall read this???? TvT been waitin years and ive been searchin head to toe to only find the eng tl stopped at ch 40

I used to read ahead on the original publisher's website, despite not understanding a word of Chinese -- the art was often expressive enough to get the basic gist of the situation across on its own. :-) But it seems that the series has been made subscribers-only over the New Year's, since only the first 10 strips are now up. This has happened to another Chinese webcomic I have been reading (the one about an isekai'd policewoman), too, so I guess that is a business model? You build up a following with free strips, then take them private and try to make some money from it. (For the record, I firmly believe that artists deserve to get paid, I just wish they'd take my filthy gaijin money more easily.) At least this one had the decency to complete its first story arc in a satisfying manner before going private (the policewoman one stopped right in the middle of the second arc's final battle -- a dirty trick, if I ever saw one). :-)

last edited at Jan 5, 2023 3:32AM

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Hu LuoLuo,doing her best Clint Eastwood "In the Line of Fire" impression. Yeah, the Internet was a mistake.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Asian show biz is really, really scary. And to think this is just book authors!

StudentOfEtherium
Djp09ca4_400x400
joined Dec 16, 2017

until that bit at the end i was sure that the thing got thrown was a tangerine. it would be fitting

To reply you must either login or sign up.