Forum › Why yuri is so good?

Tumblr_newo1nnh0a1r6wz1so1_500
joined May 2, 2013

In my opinion the yuri is so good because it shows the most sweet and sincere love, the love between two women, but what about you? what do you like from the genre yuri most? (sorry for my bad english, i speak spanish)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, having been friends with and occasionally dated lesbians, I'm inclined to call BS on the "most sweet and sincere love" as straight-up romanticizing. However, I like it because it hits closest to my own tastes, which is stories about girls getting together, and especially girls kissing. It is true that yuri on the whole handles relationships better than most het or yaoi stuff I've seen, with a couple of exceptions (like Mainichi Seitan on the boy-boy side and Adachi's romantic comedies on the het side).

Kocchi
joined Mar 23, 2013

well, i don't know why.. but as for me, i love yuri coz i see the love between two females as pure, sweet, sincere, cute and all. Well in manga and anime that i saw at least. Idk why myself but I'm straight in real and i don't have friends that are les nor anyone around me..but i'm addicted to yuri and if the manga has "het" tag on it, i even think twice if i'll read or not. haha so messed up.Whatever, I love yuri manga and anime ! :D

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Because it's the purest form of love.

Keg_avi
joined May 20, 2013

What I like about yuri is that a lot of the storylines resonate with me. Some artists are able to on convey an emotion so honestly that for that moment I'm immersed in the story, I can feel the protagonist's emotion. It's not just the happy endings or declarations of love that make the story for me, but that little buried piece of truth that the author has been able to portray in a series of panels.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I like yuri because I prefer romance that I can relate to. As a lesbian it is pretty easy for me to relate to the concerns of a relationship between girls. Also, cute girls.

joined May 22, 2013

but as for me, i love yuri coz i see the love between two females as pure, sweet, sincere, cute and all.

...i don't really get this pure and sweet stuff...one of my fave yuri's is maka maka...what i love about yuri is the romance between two girls...it's beautiful...quite simply...imo...the pinnacle of sexuality...

...I am male...my ex lover was bisexual...i loved her immensely... i still do. When we went our separate ways...we would still meet and talk and stuff...I hated the thought of her with another man...i still do...but when she would tell me about the girls she had met...well...I didn't mind...because i thought it would have been wonderful to see...and imagining it made me horny...and we would generally have sex while she told me...

I like to imagine that if...somehow...the human race were to evolve into a genderless species...we would all be women...because all a male brings to the equation is a cock and balls...there'd be no need for cock and balls anymore...that would be nice...like deep blue paradise...if i was a woman i would totally be lesbian...

edit;...oh and as i once read somewhere "cute girls should be with cute girls" ...imo...

last edited at May 28, 2013 7:53AM

Alice
joined Jun 14, 2012

I like yuri simply because it's cute! Reading it make me feel warm & fuzzy inside.

last edited at May 28, 2013 9:46AM

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

Because it's the purest form of love.

That's... that's from another cult...

I love yuri just because! and it's cute, and funny and sometimes erotic...

Kocchi
joined Mar 23, 2013

but as for me, i love yuri coz i see the love between two females as pure, sweet, sincere, cute and all.

...i don't really get this pure and sweet stuff...one of my fave yuri's is maka maka...what i love about yuri is the romance between two girls...it's beautiful...quite simply...imo...the pinnacle of sexuality...

uhmm, idk but this is my opinion, more like my own interpretation of "pure love". When i say pure love, it's a very strong affection which surpasses physical attraction. Pure meaning it is non-ero. BUT i am not saying yuri is the purest form of love. And this only applies to the kind of yuri i read, not to all. (i'm not a fan of mangas/dj that is 'mainly' about sex. tho if the story is nice, i don't mind the sex part XD),. And yes, of course like they say.. it is only normal that you want to touch the person you love.

well, i'm not good in explaining things, and this is only my own definition of "pure love". HAHA :)

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

What esn said. Also because most mangaka confuse "cool" with "emotionally retarded" or "sociopath" when it comes to males in a romantic context. I like equality in a relationship, something yuri usually provides compared to most of het or yaoi.

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

I like yuri because when I feel like reading about love I can almost never do it with a het couple. I'm ok with gay and lesbian couples but het couples tend to annoy me. And then on top of that I don't like most yaoi stuff because it's mostly sex, so that leaves me with yuri. At least when it comes to manga.

joined May 4, 2013

...I am male...my ex lover was bisexual...i loved her immensely... i still do. When we went our separate ways...we would still meet and talk and stuff...I hated the thought of her with another man...i still do...but when she would tell me about the girls she had met...well...I didn't mind...because i thought it would have been wonderful to see...and imagining it made me horny...and we would generally have sex while she told me...

I like to imagine that if...somehow...the human race were to evolve into a genderless species...we would all be women...because all a male brings to the equation is a cock and balls...there'd be no need for cock and balls anymore...that would be nice...like deep blue paradise...if i was a woman i would totally be lesbian...

edit;...oh and as i once read somewhere "cute girls should be with cute girls" ...imo...

^What GG said. Would be kinda odd though without ever penetrating one else. (then again might be a rather man-biased viewpoint)
Also must be blessing to date a bi-sexual girl.

-Another benefit of (sexually accented) yuri is the less aftermath that the couples have to face afterwards.
Although in het-dj the woman is in full anticipation of having cum all over her, I find it rather messy and troubling.

last edited at May 28, 2013 6:00PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What esn said. Also because most mangaka confuse "cool" with "emotionally retarded" or "sociopath" when it comes to males in a romantic context. I like equality in a relationship, something yuri usually provides compared to most of het or yaoi.

Yeah, I don't care for most yaoi I've seen because there's such a focus on rigid (so to speak) roles, seme and uke and so on. Most yuri I've seen that's worth reading doesn't seem to care about that much and relies more on personalities. A good example would be Hanjuku Joshi, where the two leads are very different, and approach sexuality differently. But there's no inflexible "this one has to be the aggressor, this one always receives the attention" there, they both give, they both take.

I do see that occasionally in Mio/Ritsu doujins, but it's not usually so badly handled.

swordgirlzoro
joined Apr 21, 2013

I agree @esn I like yuri because I can relate to it. Some of the yuri manga's I have read have happened in my life.
I like how there is a 'struggle' when it comes to love between same-sex couple. Since its considered "normal" to be straight there really isn't any 'struggles' you have to go through. IMO I think its cute and it gives me butterflies when I read yuri manga.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I suppose that's another reason to like yuri, unlike in the West there's a culture where it's accepted that it exists and it's pretty much tolerated but there's a stigma against individuals actually BEING lesbians (i.e., frowned upon in schools, can get pushed out of jobs, family disapproval, etc.). The whole necessity of keeping it secret on a day-to-day level is interesting, and something that wouldn't really work in North American comics certainly.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I like seeing girls falling in love with other girls. The struggle, the tears, the laughter. I like the happy stories, the sad stories, the silly stories. I just like yuri.

Images_(2)
joined Feb 10, 2013

....hmmm..for me,yuri is an exotic love...hardly to find this in this world,maybe...just like that, it made me fall in love in yuri...

Tumblr_newo1nnh0a1r6wz1so1_500
joined May 2, 2013

....hmmm..for me,yuri is an exotic love...hardly to find this in this world,maybe...just like that, it made me fall in love in yuri...

I totaly agree with you!!! :)

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Haha, I don't think homosexuality is anywhere near hard to find. I see couples all the time.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Haha, I don't think homosexuality is anywhere near hard to find. I see couples all the time.

Mmm, I'd be careful too. To a lot of people, being called (or treated as) exotic can be a bit insulting.

As to hard to find...aren't there a few in this thread who have mentioned as much?

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Mmm, I'd be careful too. To a lot of people, being called (or treated as) exotic can be a bit insulting.

As to hard to find...aren't there a few in this thread who have mentioned as much?

You're very right. Calling something "exotic" is proclaiming it to be unusual and foreign, which can be seen as an insult when many are trying hard to combat this view of homosexuality being "unusual". I take no personal offense to the use of it in this thread, but I do agree that describing it as such is potentially offensive.

Images_(2)
joined Feb 10, 2013

...haha...well...i'm not being sori for wat i've said...maybe your the one who's been insulted for the word "exotic"...do you know what it means?...don't be such a kill joy...it's none of your business...my country is different to you guys that's why here the yuri couples is hard to find...got it?...and that's why i called it exotic love..i mean is LOVE...not the person...just please read it again...you didn't get wat i mean...

last edited at May 31, 2013 6:36AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

...haha...well...i'm not being sori for wat i've said...maybe your the one who's been insulted for the word "exotic"...do you know what it means?...don't be such a kill joy...it's none of your business...my country is different to you guys that's why here the yuri couples is hard to find...got it?...and that's why i called it exotic love..i mean is LOVE...not the person...just please read it again...you didn't get wat i mean...

Okay, I wasn't offended by being called exotic, but I AM offended by bullshit like ".do you know what it means?...don't be such a kill joy...it's none of your business..." and so on. Don't belittle people who bring up concerns, k? It's an asshole thing to do.

Of course, not giving a damn about how other people feel because it might ruin your fun is kind of a jerk move too. That's how people justify stuff like using "gay" to mean "bad", which I'm sure we can all agree isn't good at all.

Images_(2)
joined Feb 10, 2013

..aw...ok...hehe...

To reply you must either login or sign up.