Forum › After School Mate discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Many thanks to haibane, Magical Translators, and ElPsyKongroo for their work, and sharing this cute manga with us!

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

oh neat, I saw this on another site a couple days back looking forwards to seeing more of this story from here. It's not often that you get to see a story about an actual trans person and even less about transmen after all.

joined Oct 2, 2021

This is fantastic so far.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Hourou Musuko PTSD flashback...

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Just read the first chapter, seens realy good! Characters faces look a little weird sometimes, but the overall art and the use os perspective and shaders is great!

This pannel in particular was SO good, the use of little squares realy give impact, like the structure *he build to endure his "wait" just crumbled. Very cool.

Big thanks to all involved with scanlation and hosting!

Edit: I'm stupid.

last edited at Oct 11, 2022 3:27PM

joined Dec 30, 2018

Loving this so far!

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Just read the first chapter, seens realy good! Characters faces look a little weird sometimes, but the overall art and the use os perspective and shaders is great!

This pannel in particular was SO good, the use of little squares realy give impact, like the structure he build to endure his "wait" just crumbled. Very cool.

So the story staunchly uses he/him pronouns for Rika so I'd respectfully ask everyone else does the same please

Ah danmit, i just gonne and made a blunder like that! I will edit the post right away.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

This pannel in particular was SO good, the use of little squares realy give impact, like the structure he build to endure his "wait" just crumbled. Very cool.

So the story staunchly uses he/him pronouns for Rika so I'd respectfully ask everyone else does the same please

Ah danmit, i just gonne and made a blunder like that! I will edit the post right away.

it's all good as long as it wasn't intentional, and thanks for immediately changing it.

joined Dec 30, 2018

All of this reminds me of telling my mother i was confident i had adhd she had pretty much the same reaction

Never coming out more than i already have absolutely fuck that experience

last edited at Oct 11, 2022 3:34PM

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

“Fuck you lady we’re not friends”

“I’m trans”

“Ok fuck you dude we’re not friends”

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

wow this is really good, I actually don't have a single bad thing to say! haha

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

Hell yeah, some wholesome trans relationships, let's fucking go

joined Aug 29, 2019

Good stuff. I liked the initial approach to dealing with "ore" vs. "watashi".
I'm curious to see what ends up being "the deal" with Satsuki.

it's all good as long as it wasn't intentional, and thanks for immediately changing it.

Honestly if I were in Satsuki and Kengo's situation it'd probably take me a few days before the occasional absent-minded "she" stopped coming out. Breaking habits takes time :D

last edited at Oct 11, 2022 4:19PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I don't like the blond guy already.

joined Aug 29, 2019

I don't like the blond guy already.

My first thoughts at his reaction to Rika picking up his earbuds was "is he maybe on the autistic spectrum?", but I'm still not convinced either way. Which is great.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's already geared toward him falling for Rika.

And Rika is already cooking for him.

And the uncle is already like "Ohoho... nature will take its course..."

I'm afraid it'll turn into het.

joined Aug 29, 2019

I don't think they're set up as a couple. Rika will break Satsuki's social isolation, yeah, that's already happening, but them getting together is far from a requirement.
Also I think the (only) accepted denomination for their relationship on Dynasty would be yaoi, unless Rika suddenly detransitions *or Satsuki also comes out as trans, which kinda would be a shock by this point.

last edited at Oct 11, 2022 5:01PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

so I went to reread the five chapters available and the uncle is incredibly NOT going "ohoho... nature will take its course" like I don't want to accuse you of anything but I feel like you might be coming into this with a negative bias towards what you think is going to happen and it's colouring the way you're interpreting the story as it actually exists right now.

last edited at Oct 11, 2022 5:05PM

Nisshoku
joined Jan 9, 2017

I started reading this and now "I'm a boy" by The Who is looping in my head.

joined Jul 10, 2022

IT'S HERE LET'S GOOOOOOOOO.
Always refreshing seeing trans-sympathetic manga, extremely refreshing seeing a trans-focused one which seems to be heading in a good direction. Praying they don't fuck it up, you've given me too much hope.

b0undarybreaker
C12%20wink
joined Oct 29, 2020

Hell yeah, trans stuff! Not het trans stuff too ^.^ it might be a bit too long for my ADHD to handle but it looks very promising!

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

The entire story is about how Rika is a boy. If they end up in a relationship, it'll be a gay one.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Gellydog posted:

The entire story is about how Rika is a boy. If they end up in a relationship, it'll be a gay one.

Did you read Hourou Musuko?

Yoshino was all about being a boy.

Then she wasn't.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Pretty sure that series ended with the trans female protagonist telling her girlfriend that she wants to be a girl and her girlfriend responds with "I guess that makes me a lesbian"

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

Yoshino was all about being a boy.

Then she wasn't.

I haven't read that one. But given the tenor and grounding of this one so far, I would be utterly shocked at a swerve like that. I'm not saying it won't happen, stupider "twists" have, but it'd be on the level of Satuski's secret being that he's actually estranged from his parents...because they live on Mars.

last edited at Oct 11, 2022 6:05PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.