Forum › Land of the Tengu discussion

joined Jan 20, 2018

Blackmail

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

there have been plenty of "into heat" troupes within the yuri genre lately. not that im complaning, but it is something i noticed. have the authors been reading abo fanfiction or is it a translation thing?
also i love the "fine i guess i'll make love to you BUT ONLY BECAUSE YOU'RE IN HEAT THERE ARE NO FEELINGS INVOLVED OKAY" vibes in this chapter XD

last edited at Sep 15, 2022 9:44PM

10374935_1517148091919036_8454058064875083431_n
joined Apr 7, 2021

Sooo... That wasn't Kureha?
What the f--

6dc89f5c-43ac-44ad-a0d6-fe9ddf4f2fb2
joined Sep 2, 2021

What the f--

I'm confused too, I guess she has been sleeping with the princess before she got into a relationship with Kureha.

Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

So the first yuri action is not between the main couple after they got together, but one of them with some one else. Interesting choice.

What the f--

No, that was Shirahime Nishiki, one of the three princesses. Apparently Hisame is usually the one to take care of her urge.

joined Mar 19, 2020

What the f--

I'm confused too, I guess she has been sleeping with the princess before she got into a relationship with Kureha.

Maybe but it doesn’t seem like it. She’s wearing the uniform from the end of chapter four and in like chapter 2 or 3 she saw that princess for the first time so it seems to have happened after

But also yeah wonder how kureha feels about that

last edited at Sep 15, 2022 11:51PM

joined Apr 16, 2022

Since the author mentioned at the end of chapter 1 that the original idea for this universe was a dating sim with Shizuki as the main character, I'm just going to assume the extra is an alternate universe where Shizuki took the Nishiki route instead of the Kureha route.

I really like the setting and characters in this manga, but there are definitely issues with plot and pacing. Overall I still like it, but more as a prologue or jumping off point than a full story in and of itself. I do hope the author continues to write in this setting; they said they might do a sequel with Tsubaki as the main character, which would be...interesting.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

So no Kureha x Shizuki action?

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I'm conflicted. Lol

joined May 3, 2014

sooo I’m skiping this chapter then! if ain’t the main character with the MC I don’t like reading when after they got togheter, we now got a chpter were she fucked some one else :/ even if it was in the past or some alternative route for the main story like…..nah bro

last edited at Sep 16, 2022 4:38AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Huh... not entirely sure what's going on with this one anymore, honestly I never really did. On the author's pixiv there's one with Kureha and Shizuki. Can't really parse the moon runes, but it looks pretty decent.

joined Jan 13, 2021

Oh hey, double (triple?) episode of Air Crush Investigaytions. Thoughts:

Vol. 3: This series continues to grow more intriguing with each chapter, deepening and dyeing characters and themes in each others' hues, blurring and bending like light in flight, painting what-ifs on feather-brushed skies, and I am just loving it. Sometimes you get these wonderful stories that unite themes and aesthetics so profoundly that you can nearly taste a message's meaning, feel thoughts and reflections and art-dipped ideas thrum and drip across rivers of paint and text, and this is very definitely one of them, conjuring wintry gasps and hot flushes in contemplations upon freedom, singing cloud-strips to garland an elegy to childhood dreams, thatching nests with weavings of service and purpose, awash in humming exegesis of its own melodies. Shizuki soars in tandem with her shadow, painting herself with every wing-beat, particles of mineral dyes too tiny to see dotting the trails she sweeps down the blue, a reminder of heaven-fixed roots in glory, and yet also brambles that nettle her loftiest arcs. Paradoxically fitting, then, that she find refuge in branches, in perching-places, in cozy beds of leaves and ferns where the warmth of life can outshine the glare of the sun, Kureha's flame thawing a heart chilled by altitude, yet melting also those wings of wax that are both her flight and her fall. The chasm between her confinement, pressured into a gem with no choice but perfection, and Kureha's devotion, a purpose she writes upon her body to connect the symbol within, slowly erodes and unites, just as the sky in medleys of dawn and dusk, giving them salvation in witching hours, a place to descend for those granted and gaoled by the skies. There is no name for the passion ensuing, no brand that may impose upon it an obligation or deception, and in these heavens so contested and cartographed, they create in each other's arms a new space, a tender pocket untouched by seasons, unbound by treasons. I adore my birb daughters. Also, Amakake seems... kinda cool? I'd been apprehensive about her whole touchy-feely teacher schtick in the first chapter, but fortunately the author seems to be taking her in the himbo-princess direction for now, and she absolutely rocks the whole jock-schemer, I-crush-celestial-empires-within-the-curls-of-my-bicep vibe. Hope she gets to stir some cyclonic degrees of shit.

Vol. 4: Okay, so this was a very plot-oriented chapter in various ways and I'm mostly here for the brooding, meditative flight sequences and the flashy splashes of worldbuilding; I will say that the tidbits about the human conspiracies and the badass seasonal abilities (there's probably a metaphor there about the transient-yet-recurring nature of rulers) were damn cool, even if the author had to wrap stuff up early for practical reasons. I do hope we see more in this universe, whether as more doujins or the promised VN, because I continue to be enchanted by its messy-yet-layered profusions of ideas and imagery, its windswept, horizon-striding characters and ever-deepening and turning setting-spaces. Also, damn do the future versions of these (g)avians have drip- I would give a hand if the other could wear Kureha's murder-opera glove, and Shizuki's hair ornament is so pretty? I'm praying we someday get stories of these two as adults navigating political intrigue and a long-term relationship like the author intended.

Extra Chapter- On the Nocturnal Behaviors of the Mountain Tit: I see that Komera's carrying on the long tradition of multi-route VNs with jarringly introduced and oddly narrated H-scenes. I'm just going to assume that the amusingly awkward likening of a boob to an orb is an in-character extension of Shizuki's fondness for all things mineral, gemmed and bejeweled. Centuries later when she's a legendary figure in tengu history, historians will pore over her memoirs and engage in lengthy debates about the symbolic meaning of the numerous descriptions of orbs, beads and veins scattered throughout her narration of life in the palace. All in a day's (night's?) work for our erogay protagonist, I guess.

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

A pretty good story, if short. I also think the three princesses are a weird touch given that only one is really relevant to the plot. But I guess it stems from the original idea of this being a VN with various romance options.

joined Apr 7, 2016

I'm actually quite interested in this. A bit clumsy with the writing and some loose ends weren't tied up, but it's promising. I hope the author does more to expand on it and explore the other routes.

joined Oct 15, 2013

About this chap " Bewitching Beauty " ... Can we have a tag for this or is there already a tag for this? I just found out I'm not okay w/ this kind of VN -like w/ different routes.

You can say whatever. I know this is not cheating (god i hope not) and also not poly. But this hurt me. I was caught off guard.

joined Sep 19, 2022

The should be a disclaimer that the Extra: Bewitching Beauty isn't the continuation of the main series and is just a fan-service taking place in parallel world.
I was quite bewildered how the author suddenly introduced NTR(it isn't).
I started searching for chapter discussion everywhere(reddit,forums etc) to find more about the extra chapter. And then visited here using the link provided by translator in the last page to finally take a sigh of relief after discovering that it wasn't ntr afterall.

last edited at Sep 19, 2022 9:27AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I'm not entirely sure it's a parallel world / other route (although it would certainly be the preferred explanation), but at the very least it certainly seems to be taking place before the two got together.

joined Apr 16, 2022

As far as I can tell, nothing in the extra states definitively whether it's an AU or a continuation. It's up to reader interpretation.

joined Sep 7, 2021

Normally I am into NTR but I don't care for harems unless it's comedy. The last episode did kinda kill the immersion for me but I guess that was my fault for expecting something else lol.

joined Sep 7, 2021

I wonder if we'll get more from this author. I mean I really enjoyed this. Yuri aside, I was fully into the world building with all the different clans and stuff yk, it was a real gem to read.

joined May 3, 2014

I wonder if we'll get more from this author. I mean I really enjoyed this. Yuri aside, I was fully into the world building with all the different clans and stuff yk, it was a real gem to read.

well so we did got something from the author XD and this should had been the last chapter insted of the werid chapter were the MC fucking somone else >.>

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nice. ^_^

I do wonder whether the request with the wings is mistranslated, though, as it's clearly Shizuki who's bringing out her wings, and her wings are also what Kureha thinks of before asking this.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

We need a tag for wing-segs, or nope?

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

I was hoping they'd preen each others' wings but seggs is fine too.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

I wonder if this newest chapter is before the end of the fourth one because of the hair comment? Although it doesn’t seem like it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.