Forum › Shoujo Manga Protagonist x Rival-san discussion

carlosraruto
Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

Ooooh, progress!

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

So is Ibuki finally joining the Yuri side of the force?

last edited at Jul 7, 2022 11:29AM

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I am still absolutely lost in how these chapters line up with the other versions but I really like this chapter. I love how this was an accidental date and the Potagonist is going to put on the clothes at home. Hopefully we see it next chapter.

joined Aug 21, 2017

I enjoy how oblivious Hiyama is to bullying, whether it's her own or others'.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Possibly my favorite part of this manga is that the two lackeys really want to be generic mean sidekicks to the generic mean popular girl, but said popular girl is actually a weirdo. They can't turn the tables and start bullying Hiyama or even stop being her lackeys because she is still at the top of the social hierarchy but they just try their best to be assholes, anyways

Even better, when Hiyama is TOO mean, they try to pull back. Like "Yeah, we're bad!" to "Oh shit, we're not THAT bad." when Hiyama brought out the voodoo doll.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I knew their plan to bully her was going to backfire, but that was actually unexpected, haha. Hiyama certainly has a weird way of looking at the world.

03fca6214046e15b1cbd7ed7cd767b1a
joined May 26, 2020

both hiyama and kimura are now giving me mixed signals, girl what do u want me to feel!? :sob:

Eq0i_7puwaeetlj%20(small)
joined Apr 19, 2017

Now that is a manga series look promising!

joined Mar 25, 2019

Great news everyone, I've made a Tvtropes page for this series here: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Webcomic/ShoujoMangaProtagonistXRivalSan

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Why?

joined Aug 21, 2017

Great news everyone, I've made a Tvtropes page for this series here: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Webcomic/ShoujoMangaProtagonistXRivalSan

Very nice.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

So we’re not going to talk these ridiculous girls?

Yeah kinda funny that hayama straight up hears them and only tells kimura not to listen to them, I mean she’s right but say something to them maybe lol

Also kinda weird that they’re doing this when hayama clearly likes her

What’s really weird is that she knows they were trashing her, then somehow turned it into a cliched, convenient misunderstanding immediately after…

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

This was actually a pretty cute chapter 0-0

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I freaking love Hiyama. The way she gives her compliments as threats always makes me laugh so much. And Kimura agreed to only show off her cuteness to her <3! haha.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, jealousy...

joined Apr 14, 2022

I too want to get bullied by a hopeless lesbian who is completely incapable of conveying her feelings properly

joined Mar 8, 2020

I wonder why the grp translating this jumped 39 & 40 but returning with 19 at mangadex? lol

I remember i asked about that once in their discord when they uploaded 39-40, but forgot the reason, or probably there wasn't one lol

Though while is a big jump, if you have read the messed up order of the webcomic and magazine chapters, the skip isn't technically that big now, since is 2 chapters missing (28 and 38) cuz they are extras from the volumes that most likely have that extra important story, though is nice to see the webcomic chapters being redrawn in the volumes and the chapters actually having an order and following a "story" somewhat, this was posted once in their discord which is an updated version of the image in the fist page here

last edited at Jul 20, 2022 10:42PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I too want to get bullied by a hopeless lesbian who is completely incapable of conveying her feelings properly

If only my bullies were like that in High School.

2cf46f4b-7fe0-40b6-8205-d03934ba2a1f
joined Sep 21, 2020

At this point I question why Hiyama’s bully friends even bother Kimura?, they should know Hiyama likes her, even if they don’t fully grasp that Hiyama always steps in and smacks down their bullying of her. I get they are meant to be the existing conflict that comes to make Hiyama more likable in her own “bullying” but I find it funny that they seem to never learn lol.

last edited at Jul 21, 2022 7:25AM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

At this point I question why Hiyama’s bully friends even bother Kimura?, they should know Hiyama likes her, even if they don’t fully grasp that Hiyama always steps in and smacks down their bullying of her. I get they are meant to be the existing conflict that comes to make Hiyama more likable in her own “bullying” but I find it funny that they seem to never learn lol.

They probably don't think homosexuals are real see Hiyama's lowkey obnoxious behavior and possessiveness as her claiming Kimura as her gofer (kinda, ever if they've never seen such gofer-like interaction). Kimura is always uncomfortable with her displays of affection, so to an outsider she could be causing it on purpose to make fun of the shy girl and not really mean it.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Her brain sure can do some amazing leaps in logic... :D

joined Oct 3, 2016

Hiyama didn't know.... That kimura had prepared a second chocolate for her

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Yay this is back again! What an adorable chapter. I love that Kimura is slowly but surely starting to catch a little bit of feelings.

If my mom did that to me I'd crawl in a hole and die instantly.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I loved the friend gradually starting to go "Hang on, the scenario is seriously warped from what I thought . . ."

joined Sep 11, 2019

Back again with the dorky lesbian

To reply you must either login or sign up.