Forum › The friend of my friend is my enemy discussion

Images%20(5)
joined Apr 25, 2021

Thank God it's a one shot after seeing the last page of the chapter.

joined May 8, 2018

Oh no. One-sided feelings. And Arashi is in the middle of it! Poor girl. She just want friends.

SmokedSalmon
C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Ohhhh, these girls are in for a world of pain.

last edited at Jul 8, 2022 6:38AM

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

Uhh im too dumb to know what that ending meant? Yuki realised she likes Arashi or is jealous because she got close to Mao?

Mao is pretty unlikeable unfortunately. There was no need to throw hands when Arashi barely said anything inflammatory.

Matchari2
joined Apr 17, 2022

I feel like pages 33 35 and 37 sorta imply a true love triangle, with Mao liking Yuki who likes Arashi who likes Mao
Maybe.
Atleast that's what I think arashis reaction on page 35 is supposed to imply.

joined Nov 13, 2021

Im happy that its only oneshot but im sad too cuz its only oneshotttttt

690ea2d43c833a395aa79e98116d8d2f
joined Apr 15, 2018

Ouch
There would be angsty stuffs if this was continued

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

Damn, girls, all three of you seem to like each other, just go poly.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I feel like pages 33 35 and 37 sorta imply a true love triangle, with Mao liking Yuki who likes Arashi who likes Mao
Maybe.

I think this is accurate with the caveat that Arashi doesn't seem likely to pursue Mao even if she does feel attraction. She seems a bit more worldly than the other two and probably wouldn't get involved, I think anyway. Whereas Mao is obviously obsessed, and Yuki just had an awakening.

If this were actually a series I wouldn't be surprised to see Arashi dating someone other than those two.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

So Mao likes Yuki, Yuki just realised she likes Arashi and Arashi is like “yaaay friends”. Wonderful triangle, still could go poly tho.

M1%20-%20memory%20snow.mkv_snapshot_07.53.879
joined Aug 9, 2021

Maybe.

I think this is accurate with the caveat that Arashi doesn't seem likely to pursue Mao even if she does feel attraction. She seems a bit more worldly than the other two and probably wouldn't get involved, I think anyway. Whereas Mao is obviously obsessed, and Yuki just had an awakening.

If this were actually a series I wouldn't be surprised to see Arashi dating someone other than those two.

I Really don't think Arashi likes any of them that way.
I would like to see this serialized tho, and hopefully with them going poly or finding someone else if that won't do. I can take some angst and some drama but if it were to get really toxic or full of misunderstandings then it's better to stay as a oneshot.

NightmareWeeb
Shiro
joined Oct 12, 2020

Never got so happy knowing that a manga is an one-shot

Ppp
joined Sep 6, 2018

where the rest of it??!? i need angsty dose >,<

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

So Mao likes Yuki, Yuki just realised she likes Arashi and Arashi is like “yaaay friends”. Wonderful triangle, still could go poly tho.

For once, I kinda doubt it could. Mao is just way too possessive of Yuki. Unless she somehow developed feelings for Arashi as well, it’d never work. Not to mention that last page implies that Yuki might also be a bit of the jealous type.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ah, yes, the old “likes” versus “LIKE likes” distinction. (Alas, 6th grade, ye shall not come again in my lifetime).

My take:

• Mao LIKE likes Yuki.

• Arashi likes Yuki.

• Yuki likes Mao and Arashi, and has suddenly had her eyes opened to LIKE liking someone.

(Perhaps prevented from realizing this previously because “they’re both girls.”)

That was a pretty nice run on the basic scales of yuri tropes.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

always love a true triangle. Those give both the best angst and resolutions. Though given this is a oneshot it's not like we'll get to see it this time.

ah well it was pretty fun.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was a nice one.

Tumblr_338965de880627681ecd916bc458a939_84d98ad7_500%20(1)-min
joined Feb 4, 2022

NOOOOO, I thought this was going to continue ;___; but it's a pretty good one-shot within itself

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

I like how everyone here is glad that we don't have to see the angst continue. We've seen enough and I'm satisfied

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I defiantly don't think Arashi was in love with anyone she legit just wanted friends. I didn't think she showed any kind of feelings like that to either Mao or Yuki. I think it was just Mao madly in love with Yuki, Yuki either being oblivious to this or just not liking Mao in that way. And then a combo of Arashi walking in on her while she was hugging the plushie and not judging her and saying she will keep her secret and then shockingly some how taming the beast that is Mao she realized how amazing Arashi was and by the end was catching feelings for her. Either way I felt their was no winning for anyone in that "triangle" for these girls. I 100% believed Arashi would help Mao if the series went on.

Maybe that would lead to some kind of feelings being caught by Arashi? And if anything I would think it would be one of those things like she helps Mao get up the courage to tell Yuki her feelings but at this point Yuki is head over heels for Arashi so she breaks Mao's heart and in all of that helping Mao thing Arashi falls for her and after the heartbreak caused by Yuki she then ends up with Mao. Or maybe it's a damn one shot and I'm just overthinking everything haha.

I never understand why so many people want poly relationships I don't like those or harems or anything like that they always feel less genuine even if everyone is in love and happy. I guess I'm just a person that loves a normal two person relationship everything else just feels complicated.

Edit: I wanted to put this here because I def wasn't trying to offend anyone with what I said but I have NOTHING against Poly itself if everyone is happy and in love please by all means be together and be happy I don't want anyone to take offense to what I said. I truly just want everyone to be happy. When I said a normal two person relationship I just flat out meant a two person relationship I wasn't calling a poly relationship abnormal or anything like that. If anyone is offended by what I said I'm more then happy to remove that part of my post.

last edited at Jul 8, 2022 10:57AM

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

I never understand why so many people want poly relationships I don't like those or harems or anything like that they always feel less genuine even if everyone is in love and happy. I guess I'm just a person that loves a normal two person relationship everything else just feels complicated.

Calling monogamy normal to imply polyamory/polygamy being abnormal is probably part of the problem. It's the same kind of narrowmindedness that encourages other bigotry.

But, that aside, polyamory isn't for everyone, and it must not be for you either. However, there's nothing less genuine about a poly relationship than a two person relationship. You'd probably do well to work on not thinking about it like that and that might help you understand why others might want it.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Calling monogamy normal to imply polyamory/polygamy being abnormal is probably part of the problem. It's the same kind of narrowmindedness that encourages other bigotry.

But, that aside, polyamory isn't for everyone, and it must not be for you either. However, there's nothing less genuine about a poly relationship than a two person relationship. You'd probably do well to work on not thinking about it like that and that might help you understand why others might want it.

whoa whoa wait... I have NOTHING against it at all if everyone is happy please be happy that's all I want for people. I guess I might have phrased what I said wrong please do not take it that way and if I offended you or anyone else I deeply apologize. My thought was mainly people just thinking "yay lesbian threesome" and not more outside of that.

I also never implied that poly of any kind was abnormal or anything like that when I said a normal two person relationship I legit meant just two people I just don't get where I implied it was abnormal for poly or anything like that.

last edited at Jul 8, 2022 10:58AM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Unpopular opinion: I actually WANT to see a continuation. I want drama, the premise is well-written and it could surprise us… There is potential in this one.

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

whoa whoa wait... I have NOTHING against it at all if everyone is happy please be happy that's all I want for people. I guess I might have phrased what I said wrong please do not take it that way and if I offended you or anyone else I deeply apologize. My thought was mainly people just thinking "yay lesbian threesome" and not more outside of that.

I also never implied that poly of any kind was abnormal or anything like that when I said a normal two person relationship I legit meant just two people I just don't get where I implied it was abnormal for poly or anything like that.

You might not have done it intentionally, but the way your statement is presented you are implying that polyamory isn't normal, only the two-person relationship is. Additionally, even if you didn't mean it intentionally, by even making a statement about it in such a way "why do people want x thing and not a normal thing" you're further pushing the idea that polyamory is abnormal and people are abnormal for wanting it

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I’ve mentioned before that there’s been a sea-change in Dynasty commenting fairly recently concerning, let’s say, “possible romantic triads” in yuri stories.

For quite a while, the appearance of any third-party character (or even the Love Triangle tag itself) would immediately attract a bunch of negative comments about how toxic, overused, or otherwise distasteful love triangles were, and much discussion would ensue about which pair of characters should end up together and which third wheel should be disposed of.

Then, slowly at first and much more often recently, the same narrative configuration has sparked comments from readers who are avidly hoping for a polyamorous outcome. The main difference between what happens with the poly hopefuls and previous garden-variety shipping is that discussion threads often spin off into debates about peoples’ attitudes about real-life polyamory, even when the story itself gives off few signals that a poly outcome is even remotely possible.

In general, my impression is that the manga industry in general lags well behind those readers who are seeking, for whatever reasons, polyamorous yuri stories, and given the history of the love-triangle trope in romance narratives, that situation is likely to prevail for quite some time.

Anyone is free to express their story-outcome preferences at any time, of course, but I think it’s at best unproductive when discussions devolve into matters that are far removed from the story that is actually on the page.

To reply you must either login or sign up.