Forum › Aqua Blue Cinema discussion

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

it's strange no one posts anything about this cute story,
the one-shots of Hiyori are great, but this is the best work for me,
i liked the tsundere actress character

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Tsunderes are my absolute favorite, and Otsu Hiyori is also a favorite. I'd have made a thread for everything by Hiyori, but most discussion threads seem to be focused on recently scanlated works and that would just clog the forum with Hiyori-awesomeness. Pretty much everything by Hiyori is good and worth reading.

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

maybe the reason there's no major discussion thread for ABC (as of the moment) is because it's like getting the feeling of - "need I say more?" bang. otsu hiyori's stories really get through you

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Couldn't agree more about Hiyori. I keep rereading Hiyori's work without realizing who the author is ( and tbh, I never really pay attention to authors much as it is lol).

Kocchi
joined Mar 23, 2013

I love all Otsu Hiyori's works :D but i super love Aqua Blue Cinema :3 i actually want more of it D:
the characters are just so cute :3

Images%20(10)
joined Apr 30, 2013

i love this .. what a cute story .. :)

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

I have lost count how many times I have read "Aqua Blue Cinema." Otsu Hiyori work never gets old, I can't think of a story by this author that I don't like. I would love to see another series by Hiyori that isn't a one shot ... though I do love Hiyori one shots as well :)

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

There is a new book out by Otsu Hiyori published by Zero-Sum Comics "Let's Start Out as Friends" vol 1. There is a review of it out on Amazon.co.jp with a heading reading "For those expecting only yuri, I recommend avoiding this." That should give you a hint.

I have not translated any of it yet, but it focuses on three high school girls, and also on three high school boys, one of whom seems to be the brother of one of the girls. In the first volume, two of the girls and two of the boys spend a little time together, but they don't seem to be getting close to each other. There are hints that same sex relations may develop. But even the reviewer mentioned above didn't seem to now if it was going in that direction.

Given that, I have not yet decided whether I want to work on this one. If I don't, I might still decide to scan it and post it at Yuri Project for someone else. Of course if I don't work on vol 1, odds are I won't buy vol 2 anytime soon, even once it comes out.

Edit: As far as I can tell, Otsu Hiyori has not appeared in Huri Hime since "Roundabout" in vol 26. So it's probable that this new series is the only thing being created right now. Hiyori translates the name of the series as "Let's start with a friend."

last edited at Aug 5, 2013 5:14PM

[hachimitsu_scans]_sweet_magic_syndrome_v01_c07_04
joined Aug 22, 2013

ugh...cuteness overload!!~!

PineapplesForSale
Annie%20is%20bae2
joined May 25, 2013

That...that blush asdfgh http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/aqua_blue_cinema_after_screening_a_light_blue_cinema#20]

last edited at Sep 23, 2013 5:59AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Man she is dangerously cute! like... Yui may be an actress and all but the cutest is Tae, no doubt !

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

That credit page on 1 chapter "Shiori. Wait wrong series!" XD
Anyway.. how you were surprised that there were no topics on this manga - sometimes i don't feel like sayin' anything. Even if the manga is really good (which this is and i'm sure everyone knows that) i won't write anything 'cuz i think there's nothing more to say.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Otsu Hiyori really is the best. Not sure where his muse comes from, but it's always great. :3
So cute. My fav is probably Maple Love, but this one rivals second.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

this is one of my favorite series out there. :) they're both so cute.

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

I need more Otsu in my life! This was really refreshing to read again ♥♥♥

A_channel_wallpaper_11-t2
joined Mar 1, 2014

I don't remember how many times I've read this, but it still gets me every time. This is amazing. I need more of Otsu Hiyori's works. This is the best one yet!

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Restraints unlocked

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

I really like how the older, more mature Tae looks.

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

The moment Tae-chan gets to Yuo's level of cuteness, the story is over. Ah, it was a cute read. I'd love for it to follow their lives together especially now that they've established a good look and place for both characters.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Goddam it's been so long since I've read this.

Also that extra, really like extras like those that go a lil bit deeper into the relationship, just as much as I like flirty extras.

65752315_p1
joined May 1, 2014

I can't believe I never read this autor before, totally love this <3

Screenshot_2020-01-20%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20there's%20weird%20voices%20coming%20from%20the%20room%20next%20door%20ch01
joined Sep 23, 2013

That was nice. A cute, fluffy love story, no over-the-top drama, just easy going girls love. Yay!

joined Dec 28, 2014

I cant stop laughing whenever I see Tae-chan's name cause Tae means poop in Filipino XD

SpiderLilies2007
joined Jan 22, 2015

So cute . Ilove it

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

I liked this because it seemed very adaptable. I think just a few small changes and Yui x Mizuki would have really worked. Obviously, Tae was the best choice for how it played out but I think it could have been very easy to modify it and still have it make perfect sense.

To reply you must either login or sign up.