Forum › Their Story discussion

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

Girlfriend woke me up at 6 am, and I couldn't get back to sleep. Luckily I was notified by this update, and mannnnn I was laughing so loud. Such a hilarious and adorable chapter.

Youravatar
joined Jan 20, 2015

This is turning out to be one of my favorite reads here on Dynasty. So funny and cute.

S-l225
joined Feb 14, 2014

I just noticed that on page 6 Sun Jing is wearing the girls' bow-tie instead of the long boys' tie she usually wears. I guess you gotta pay attention to the dress code first day of school, huh?

Well the shirts are the same except for the tie so maybe it was because of that. Had to establish in the pic that she was a chick?

Art11a
joined Feb 3, 2013

the "handsome" moment when the glasses guy pull down the flsag, can't stop laughing at that

Kosuzu
joined Nov 11, 2014

Glasses guy is quickly becoming one of my favourite characters in this. That panel when he's taking the flag down genuinely cracked me up, and I'm not sure why.

joined Nov 30, 2011

I absolutely love all of the supporting characters as much as I do the main ones! They add a lot more to the environment than if they were just part of the background. I also love how they have different friends they talk to, not just the "main group" like many series do.

"..............Teacher I'm sorry" I don't know why, but that line had me cracking up! Lots of actual lol moments this chapter.

I totally agree! It really ads a lot more to it. I found myself staring at all the other classmates that were talking with them in class. It's pretty cool to see that they actually have a face.

And there were so many hilarious moments in this one. Good times!

joined Feb 15, 2013

For some reason i thought the manga was Korean, until this chapter when i see the Chinese flag.....

No wonder there was none of those Korean~ish drama

Really like the series through. Well mixed of SoL and yuri. This and "her majesty" quickly changed my perspective about Chinese comics

joined Sep 25, 2013

TATTLETALE . U DA BEST. LOL

and look at dat conffesion umberla xD

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I just noticed that on page 6 Sun Jing is wearing the girls' bow-tie instead of the long boys' tie she usually wears. I guess you gotta pay attention to the dress code first day of school, huh?

Thats not it- its the day they are having their school photos shot- ofcourse they arnt gonna let her get away with not dressing right for her school album photo :)

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

This is great stuff. Two dorks that would mesh really well together (I hope) and lots of hilarious stuff on the side.

But that one goddam fucking picture the artist drew of Qiu Tong crying in the rain...ugh I hope to god that's a sign of some emotionally uplifting scene but I hope that's not just wishful thinking.

joined Jan 17, 2014

i like you, gyaahahahaahahaha, kouhai pls notice me XDDDDD

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Some bromance going on in the background
Sun Jing is so adorable again, Qui Tong too. My heart kinda flutters when Sun Jing said hi to Qui Tong at the end
DAT SMILE <3

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Noticed how Sun Jing and Qui Fang didn't recognize each other in the photos. Maybe that started their friendship :) Just my silly theory, since the author doesn't really indicate the timeline for each page

last edited at Jan 29, 2015 1:49PM

E
joined Feb 8, 2014

Every student has that kind of ID photo, right? xD

joined Nov 30, 2011

This is great stuff. Two dorks that would mesh really well together (I hope) and lots of hilarious stuff on the side.

But that one goddam fucking picture the artist drew of Qiu Tong crying in the rain...ugh I hope to god that's a sign of some emotionally uplifting scene but I hope that's not just wishful thinking.

Maybe it's her realizing her love for Sun Jing after she hurt her feelings or something and is left crying in the rain because she finally realized how she feels and what she did. Thus, she's crying because she feels like she ruined their relationship and feels, at that moment, there is no way to return to how it was before. (Assume tons of good stuff happens in between now and that picture.)

TL:DR - Typical romance drama stuff hypothesis.

Captura%20de%20tela%202023-05-17%20a%cc%80s%2001.22.32
joined Jan 19, 2015

Ahhh what a nice group of friends

C0142_9_0
joined Apr 21, 2013

the yellow umbrella part caught me off guard XDD

last edited at Jan 29, 2015 4:23PM

Tattletale is best character.

joined Oct 6, 2014

Tattletale is best character.

Can anyone from China explain tattletale to me? Is he like a very ardent communist nationalist? Is that the joke? And if so, is that a common trope?

1235007_738839982828953_4916521183661080120_n
joined Dec 4, 2014

where we can read more? :o

joined Jul 8, 2013

It's legitimately hurting me that this is still literally just all subtext lol.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

The facial expressions in this are really special.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I love the humor on this series

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

The funniest part.. Surprised no one has said this, but when tattletale looked at Sun Jing, Mophead(can't rem his name), and the class prez. Opens his umbrella and stumps away. I was dying

joined Jan 30, 2015

Can anyone from China explain tattletale to me? Is he like a very ardent communist nationalist? Is that the joke? And if so, is that a common trope?

I don't think it's that the Communist leanings are the joke, so much as the contrasting attitudes expressed by the side character.

The nickname "Tattletale" and the businesslike-appearance suggests a character that is bossy, stuck-up, toadying; a born bureaucrat.

However, the dramatic and romanticized patriotism of protecting the Chinese Communist flag from the rain doesn't immediately fit that fussy image. It's strangely old-fashioned. And as the other characters note by their surprised reactions, it's bizarrely dashing.

Additionally, there's his appearance as a sort of epilogue to the three friends seeing the confession umbrella. As the more "main" characters are still processing the day's events and on getting home, Tattletale skips off in the rain like a dandy.

Effectively, he's a straitlaced-looking individual that is actually surprisingly odd.

I apologize if this is too many words; I think I enjoy over-explaining things.

edit: oh yeah, not from China. But hopefully it was informational.

last edited at Jan 30, 2015 2:31AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.