Forum › Walk to Death discussion

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

Needs more Akira.
Extended universe?

joined May 23, 2017

Idk why I feel miyuki is gonna die sooner than hina at least. Maybe hina is going to last till the end even.

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

Is anyone else hoping for Miyuki to pull through?

Also same. It does seem like everyone who has died had some sort of grievance with Tokiko, mainly her lack of empathy. So I'm hoping Miyuki keeps it together, because otherwise it is going to be rough to stomach. Rina seems next on the chopping block though.

The fake out death with the detective and the car was a fun touch.

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

I'm sure the story needs a murderer (probably Miyuki honestly), but I would like it if it really was just a bunch of accidents. I don't want that cop to have the satisfaction of being right when he has no reason to think the way he does. Also he's been a dick this entire time.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Chapter 6.5 was rather cute, looking forward to more middle school Tokiko and Natsuki

last edited at May 17, 2022 2:09AM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

hmm, I see volume 1. Methinks every volume is going to have it's own little group of people and the most important thing for the characters is to get through their volume alive. With Tokiko at the center of it all everytime.

My theory that the deaths are caused by negative emotions seem to be falling through though, I don't doubt there is still something supernatural at play but it seems to go deeper than initially thought.

last edited at May 16, 2022 5:52PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

hmm, I see volume 1. Methinks every volume is going to have it's own little group of people and the most important thing for the characters is to get through their volume alive. With Tokiko at the center of it all everytime.

My theory that the deaths are caused by negative emotions seem to be falling through though, I don't doubt there is still something supernatural at play but it seems to go deeper than initially thought.

That would be a plausible theory, but Voume 1's over and we still have three survivors, at least one of which is unlikely to remain that way (sorry Rina), and the investigation/sensational article isn't finished yet either.
So while we could see new "expendables" being added to the cast and introduced to the "end of chapter roster", I do think it'll be a continuous narrative rather than discrete volumes.

Idk, I'm still on board with negativity towards Tokiko being causal to the deaths, Rina not having died yet doesn't really go against that theory.

It's gonna be a great month if we keep getting a chapter a day :D

joined Sep 19, 2020

Don't like it.
-"Occultist" is pointless and only wastes time.
-No satisfying conclusions in sight. Even if everyone dies than what? No morale in the story, characters aren't the kind you can feel attached to and so on...
- If it wasn't just accidents, than a) we've been lied to. or b) Tokiko has some supernatural or big brain means. Neither of it makes a good mystery story.
- If it were just accidents, than what's the point? Just a mental experiment of "what ifs"?
- Not even yuri.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

After 6 chapters, this currently plot line has felt a bit drawn out. A lot of talking without really saying anytbing important and keeping things way too vague. It also feels like they've been saying the same things over and over again ever since chapter 1.

Still intrigued by the mystery but I do hope they'll push the plot along soon.

I'm enjoying this so far, but I think the author has definitely improved their story telling skills after this work when comparing it to the more engaging Liar Satsuki.

last edited at May 16, 2022 8:45PM

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

That lineup makes me think of the Brady Bunch bit...but in a much, much darker vibe

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

With chapter 46 of Liar Satsuki releasing tomorrow, there won't be a chapter for the next day or 2 while I work on that.
The end of a volume is probably as good a place as any for a break. And yes, there's still 3 volumes to go.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

^Thanks for all your hard work! It's insane how fast you're releasing them!

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

This is fun

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

awwww so tokiko and natsuki went from rivals to friends and cough maybe more cough i hope this chapter doesn't mean that natsuki is next '-' though if she is, i don't know why the author would kill her except for shock value.

joined Apr 29, 2019

Kudos to the translators but damn this is so ass, expecially when compared to Liar Satsuki. I'm glad the author learned how to write.

joined Apr 29, 2019

Kudos to the translators but damn this is so ass, expecially when compared to Liar Satsuki. I'm glad the author learned how to write.

9d94c4a9-d46e-49f0-a68e-0a44d27fedb6
joined Oct 22, 2021

Honest Natsuki Befriends Death

joined Aug 21, 2017

The Truck/Car-kun bait got me good.

9d94c4a9-d46e-49f0-a68e-0a44d27fedb6
joined Oct 22, 2021

I like Aoya more now that I can commiserate with him over Akiyama being a fucker. Screw that guy.

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

This is still fun

joined Oct 16, 2013

I think this is going in interesting directions.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Oh, I hope her friend doesn't die...

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Oh, I hope her friend doesn't die...

I doubt she will; so far it's only ever been people that have fought her that have died. Probably the same reason why the detective got miraculously saved from the truck, since he hasn't ever gotten angry at her.

ThatSuccubusGirl
joined Jul 8, 2018

Do you smell that? Yuri

Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

The biggest mystery in this story is how random weirdos keep getting into Tokiko's hospital room.

To reply you must either login or sign up.