Forum › Walk to Death discussion

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

oh actually interesting that only Tokiko's family is on the death page. I wonder if new characters will be added in once they've exhausted the ones already there

joined Mar 19, 2022

We're rapidly running out of people, this can't continue for long. I'm also curious to find out what's wrong with the MC, she clearly has a major mental disorder if she feels nothing about any of this. Can't wait to find out if she even cares that her own life is in danger.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

As was the case with Another or something like Final Destination even, the more the over the top deaths pile on the harder it is to actually care, the story sliding steadily from horror to comedy. It is decidedly a me-problem, I recognize that, but all the death and dramatics just start being funny to me over time. The ultimate conclusions of these stories tend not to be very satisfying either, but we shall see.

This is not a criticism of the format necessarily, just something I have noticed about myself I suppose. Hmm, maybe I was Tokiko all along...?

last edited at May 14, 2022 2:57AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

As was the case with Another or something like Final Destination even, the more the over the top deaths pile on the harder it is to actually care, the story sliding steadily from horror to comedy. It is decidedly a me-problem, I recognize that, but all the death and dramatics just start being funny to me over time. The ultimate conclusions of these stories tend not to be very satisfying either, but we shall see.

This is not a criticism of the format necessarily, just something I have noticed about myself I suppose. Hmm, maybe I was Tokiko all along...?

I don't think it's just you and I don't think it's even a problem. The metamorphosis from horror to humor is part of the enjoyment with works like this. If the author leans into the over-the-topness, even better.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I don't think it's just you and I don't think it's even a problem. The metamorphosis from horror to humor is part of the enjoyment with works like this. If the author leans into the over-the-topness, even better.

Ah yeah, that's my bad for using the word "problem" there, I did not intend to characterize it as such really. I agree that such works can still be quite entertaining, though I sometimes lament the loss of that initial tension. Either way, good to see someone else sharing my POV on this!

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Karma truck coming thru.
When I see the family 3×3 pics can't help singing the Brady Bunch theme song.

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

I actually cackled when that lady got annihilated but the truck. At a certain point, it's just comical.

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

No no, it's better when they take it completely seriously. The earnestness is what makes it funny.

joined May 23, 2017

Ohh, it's by the same person who wrote "Liar Satsuki Can See Death."

I wondered why the art style seemed familiar.

I wasnt gonna read this at first since I have a lot on my plate but the same author? Definitely reading it now

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I like it, though it does seems to be going fast. ^^; Now I'm more curious about tokiko considering she survived that.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Damn that is dark.

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

This thing has 36 chapters? But we only have three family members left. Also really curious why there is so much death happening all of the sudden. They mention deaths before this, but that was like only 4 people over 10 or so years. The body count is clearly escalating.

ADT555 Uploader
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

Is anyone else hoping for Miyuki to pull through?

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

same! she seems to be the only one that cares for tokiko and tries to rationalize the situation. i hope the author will give us more background on why tokiko specifically was adopted by the family, because there's seems to be some dirty motive behind it.

joined Jun 11, 2016

Gotta say, I dislike the older detective a lot. Also why the hell is Tokiko not dead lol, I wasn't sure at first but this story is definitely supernatural.

Anw here's to hoping that Miyuki-nee doesn't get killed, I really like her so far. Very curious as to how the niece Rina will react to all the new deaths.

Thank you noighd for another chapter~!

joined Aug 21, 2017

No no, it's better when they take it completely seriously. The earnestness is what makes it funny.

Earnest over-the-topness is chef's kiss

joined May 23, 2017

Absolutely. Though I doubt she would with 32 more chapters to read if the info is correct

MapleLovesYuri
Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

how tf does this continue on 36 chapters lmao.

RadiosAreObsolete
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Doesn't this guy kinda look like a fish?

A result of slicking his hair back too hard.

joined Jun 11, 2016

I have complete faith that Miyuki will absolutely survive the next 30+ chapters. No, I did not read ahead, that's just my blind faith.

Anw so far I don't see what's really so wrong with Tokiko aside from the fact that people die easily around her. She's a bit more apathic than normal people that's all.

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

this akiyama dude certainly has a double agenda. you don't make a character with an annoyingly puncheable face if you don't expect us to hope he is gonna be fairly punched in the face

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Anw here's to hoping that Miyuki-nee doesn't get killed, I really like her so far. Very curious as to how the niece Rina will react to all the new deaths.

Same here. Out of all the siblings she's the only reasonable one. Hopefully, all the deaths doesn't get to her. She looks like she's getting nearer to her tipping point.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

And things get complicated.... lol

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

I just realized that this is made by the same author as Liar Satsuki, making them one of my favorite authors ever.

To reply you must either login or sign up.