Forum › Superstar rivalry discussion

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Yeessssss I can’t get enough of all these entertainment circle manhua and novels!!!!!

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

manhua hype, they do be hype stuff. Didn't expect this, but really glad to be wrong^^

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

Yaaaas I hope we get more manhuas and manwhas in Dynasty

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

What does "reverse male lead" mean?

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Uh oh. UH OH. Yuri havoc is to be had!

Screenshot_726
joined Dec 2, 2017

^

Yuri Newbie Fan
joined May 16, 2021

Same question I have and Google doesn’t know it either.

Yuri Newbie Fan
joined May 16, 2021

Hmm..interesting. I’m going to follow this next to Universes Most Jealous Goddess.

Tumblr_n8hxly8osm1rw6hhbo1_500
joined Jun 26, 2017

"reverse male lead" is an interesting way to translate 反串男 lol

the term refers to a female actress playing a character who's male in the canon

last edited at Aug 5, 2021 1:01AM

Gorgeous%20ruka
joined Jan 13, 2014

The art is so beautiful.

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

That credits page just taunts me that I still don’t have Nian, I’ve pulled Mr. Means nothing to me 3 times, Dusk twice, Saga once, and Nian nonce. Please Nian, come home, I’m begging you I’m on my knees~

Anyways, I can see why the translation is kinda weird and turned into Reverse male lead, I’m trying to find a sequence of words to concisely say it and I’ve gone nothing good but Female Male Lead

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

That credits page just taunts me that I still don’t have Nian, I’ve pulled Mr. Means nothing to me 3 times, Dusk twice, Saga once, and Nian nonce. Please Nian, come home, I’m begging you I’m on my knees~

Anyways, I can see why the translation is kinda weird and turned into Reverse male lead, I’m trying to find a sequence of words to concisely say it and I’ve gone nothing good but Female Male Lead

Genderbent lead

joined Feb 1, 2017

Woah 影后成双 has a manga now?

Tumblr_n8hxly8osm1rw6hhbo1_500
joined Jun 26, 2017

is the original novel worth reading? i saw some comments that the later chapters got pretty bloated and draggy.

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Genderbent lead

"Gender-swapped lead" is probably better. Genderbent implies an in-story gender switch (magical or otherwise), rather than a rewriting a character to be the opposite gender.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

So-o-o... if I'm getting this right, the main M/F romantic couple in Broken Snow will actually be played by two female actresses? And only one of these actresses has been decided, which means Yitong can still try for the other role? Is that how it goes?

joined Apr 24, 2020

is the original novel worth reading? i saw some comments that the later chapters got pretty bloated and draggy.

Yes it is worth reading! IMO the author wrote it in a very slice of life manner that details what’s going on on a daily basis which may be why it’s draggy but I personally liked it!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

There's been a small confusion, methinks.

Chapter 2 of Superstar Rivalry has been uploaded as chapter 16 of Universe's Most Jealous Goddess.

Chapter 16 of Universe's Most Jealous Goddess has been uploaded as chapter 2 of Superstar Rivalry.

Basically, the two new chapters that were just uploaded got mixed up.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Nene posted:

There's been a small confusion, methinks.

Chapter 2 of Superstar Rivalry has been uploaded as chapter 16 of Universe's Most Jealous Goddess.

Chapter 16 of Universe's Most Jealous Goddess has been uploaded as chapter 2 of Superstar Rivalry.

Basically, the two new chapters that were just uploaded got mixed up.

Very slight oops. Thank you! They should be good now. (I hope.)

Please clear your browser cache to see the proper chapters in the proper places!

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Uh ohhhhh will Tong Tong have to fill in for the female lead and be paired up with the “male lead” who is also her childhood crush????

Entertainment circle gives me so much life. Shipping real actors and celebrities? Meh, kinda weird. Shipping fake actors and celebrities? Hell fuckin yeah lets do it!

joined Sep 19, 2021

Where to read the novel

joined Dec 25, 2021

Where can I read the novel

Screenshot_20210622-100336_brave
joined Apr 21, 2021

It hasn't been properly translated yet. You can find MTLs of it that aren't terrible. However! I did manage to find an edited MTL that's much better. Look for "The Queen is in Pairs" on readwn.com

It's quite long, some 350ish chapters. I'm halfway through and it's very, very good. Very hard to put down. It reminds me of She's the Protagonist in the style of writing and humor.

last edited at Jan 22, 2022 12:51PM

joined Apr 6, 2019

This is being scanlated to Spanish under the name La Reina del Espectáculo and has 30 chapters out already.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

For anyone coming across this now, Bilibili Comics has started translating this to English. it's free to read, as are most of all of their GL works (Paid to skip wait times are available).

To reply you must either login or sign up.