Forum › Honoka-chan's Warmth discussion

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Ususa70, yes!
Honoka x Kotori (Hotori? Konoka??), YES!!

joined Feb 4, 2014

Finally there's a HonoKoto doujin, I've been waiting for one for a long time. OMG! there was an actual Hono-Kotori plushy!

last edited at Jan 12, 2015 10:35PM

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Meh I didon't really lIke it probably because of the reoccurring word graduation. it was really cute art but the story made me feel bad for Umi, super third wheel here, totally not cool. Gotta love all those baby Kotoris tho I think Honoka's the daddy.

joined Feb 4, 2014

^ I think its fair. Not saying I approve though, just that that Honoka x Kotori tag is there for a reason.

last edited at Jan 12, 2015 11:39PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

this is just so sad...

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Wow I've never seen someone as third wheeled as Umi was in this one. Not even Honoka got that bad of a treatment in KotoUmi ones XD. You could remove Umi and nothing would have changed.

last edited at Jan 12, 2015 11:48PM

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

To be fair, if Umi wasn't there they wouldn't have gone out on Sunday!
This story's pacing bugged me lot when i first read the whole thing in one go ( i guess that's why he released 1 page every 2 days), i preferred the author's more light hearted stories from before. Oh well, still support KotoHono though~

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

.....I hate third wheeling.

Those birds are just... everywhere. I just can't... I can't.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

I feel Umi's pain.
I'm that third wheeling friend lol

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Yeah, Umi would have been better off not being on that picture they took, she look super awkward and out of place. XD

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

@Aruzhan_Kii true but that doesn't mean fuck all other characters. I mean she was visibly uncomfortable and then just tossed to the side together. And they grew up together. Honokoto is fine but it can be done without being at Umi's expense.

Love.live!.600.1714062
joined Oct 24, 2014

Man this is deep , we never want graduation and we hate say goodbye to the people we love
#ignorethis

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

I feel Umi's pain.
I'm that third wheeling friend lol

I feel you too. Lol. Quite often for that to happen to me as well. (/ _ ; )
One of the reasons why I don't do it when I go out with friends. If someone starts to get out of placed, i'd go and bug them. XD

I got no issues with HonoKoto, but this story just doesn't work for me. There are dramas where I can feel the emotion in it, this one just doesn't got it for me. I can't point it out exactly though.

Kosuzu
joined Nov 11, 2014

Man this is deep , we never want graduation and we hate say goodbye to the people we love
#ignorethis

#acknowledged

Jokes aside, I thought this was alright. Made me ship it, at least. Oh, and the art style was cute; Ususa should colour his/her mangas more often.

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

Art is nice, love the colors, but it doesn't even deliver a kiss after that angst and do nothing plot! Oh, the humanity!

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I dont usually support OT3, but when i do its honokotoumi.
Seriously this way nobody is third wheel.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Another option is kotoumi and honobasa, with the added bonus of removing the potential third wheel in arise. :p

1-1%20-%20copy
joined Feb 3, 2013

aaa umi-chan you kawaii third wheeler

10698506_356095501219916_3104907167461467085_n
joined Sep 21, 2013

its cute but i still prefer honobase and kotoumi myself

Ava
joined Mar 22, 2015

To be fair, I looked on all recent comments, comparing in both KotoUmi books and KotoHono books, and some of you sure love to be biased.

Whenever Honoka get third wheel'd, it's fine, because you people think there's HonoBasa to fill that gap, which in short is pretty much as worse as kicking her out of µ's group. (While HonoBasa is cute, I don't like the fact that most of HonoBasa works is an act to pair KotoUmi)

Even if HonoBasa wasn't around, Honoka still get that third-wheel treatment and it'll still be fine

And now, this is KotoHono works, not KotoHonoUmi, which obviously Umi would either remain as support character or being left out.

I personally find it's fair for people to have their own preference on which pairing they like, regardless how unpopular or sensible the pairing be, but being way too damn biased for the sake of favoring your own personal pairing is just sad.

In short, whoever that always read KotoUmi books, especially those who has the works that's not even uploaded here ought to realize that most KotoUmi works thirdwheeled Honoka.
Most KotoHono books will always put Umi as supportive character, and this is why OT3 is the best way to work around with them, just them.

joined Jun 9, 2011

^
Not to mention that in my opinion the HonoBasa ship is forced as hell compared to all the other ships. The only reason this ship has gain so much steam is because it essentially gets rid of Honoka.

The second year OT3 works because they make it seem natural with their already close bond. In my knowledge Love Live is one of the few anime/manga in which polyamory works.

Ava
joined Mar 22, 2015

Trying to make this as short as possible
HonoTsuba definitely is a sensible pair, which is undeniably cute due to her rivalry and being leader, but there’s just one thing I can never agree with. Pairing her with Tsubasa for the sake of KotoUmi, which honestly makes HonoTsuba less nice/making the ship, seems forced. (Thank god there’s some work that actually appreciate HonoTsuba in a good way that is not pushing Honoka away). What’s worse that there’s no actual development around A-RISE, which made it even worse.

So by this, these people (actually most people that support KotoUmi, even on JP Blogs, tweets and such) would be fine to treat Honoka as thirdwheel, and/or push her away for the sake of KotoUmi, yet don’t like it when people do KotoHono and push Umi aside as side character?

Nice bias, preference be preference, there’s tag for everything. Like whichever pairing you like, be it KotoMaki or NozoHono, or anything, but at least damn appreciate other pairings.

(To be fair, it's really easy to point out flaws on each other pairings that has less canon materials, especially those that's not heavily supported enough, but due to respect to every other pairings and fans love to certain pairings I'd refrain myself from doing so, but really, too much bias is just nasty)

And yes, some of the storyline in LLSIF even suggested polygamous relationship. At one point, I recall some fanarts trying to make 3 3-way triangle relationships

last edited at Mar 23, 2015 11:17PM

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

This was the first time I've ever read kotohono...but Umi was like transparent here... she didnt even say much..
They didnt even say much to her at all... And that was really really awkward... I think I will like OT3 story of them much better...

Hupr1pa_
joined Jun 26, 2016

To be fair, I looked on all recent comments, comparing in both KotoUmi books and KotoHono books, and some of you sure love to be biased.

Thank you for this, finally someome said it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.