Forum › Posts by Aamnesia

joined Jun 9, 2011

Yeah, I'm going to have to call bull on that.

Aamnesia
joined Jun 9, 2011

Had to do double take on the last page.

Aamnesia
Mayday discussion 21 Oct 17:39
joined Jun 9, 2011

Wow. A NozoEli by Inuzuka, thats a nice suprise.

Aamnesia
Live & Loud discussion 11 Oct 21:10
joined Jun 9, 2011

Funny or not. Hey its a HonoUmi doujin (quite the rarity here) so i'll take it.

Aamnesia
Chapter 7 of Umi's SID 04 Oct 11:42
joined Jun 9, 2011

Quite a nice view on Umi's and Honoka's relationship.

Aamnesia
Image Comments 02 Jun 18:12
joined Jun 9, 2011
50159441_p4

^-- Shipping is in general an exercise of willful ignorance IMO, and like you said ship and let ship. It is frustrating however when people go off on a ship that has by comparison a very small amount of doujins/material compared to the ship they prefer.

Aamnesia
Image Comments 02 Jun 15:47
joined Jun 9, 2011
50159441_p4

OT12 - A-RISE included

While we're at it, include Fumika, Mika and Hideko

Aamnesia
Image Comments 02 Jun 14:20
joined Jun 9, 2011
50159441_p4

I ship the entire group together in one lesbian harem.

OT9 is THE answer.

Aamnesia
Nukoduke! discussion 07 May 13:59
joined Jun 9, 2011

Now I'm sad. ;_;

Aamnesia
joined Jun 9, 2011

And honoka have to be with tsubasa, and not because they are the "leftovers ship" in the anime i know They show certain instereste on each others

They are rivals. It makes sense to keep an eye on the biggest competitor, specially since they are in the same district.

Side note: I do feel that Fumika, Mika and Hideko are woefully underappreciated.

last edited at May 5, 2015 6:41PM

joined Jun 9, 2011

My understanding of all this was that Umi and Kotori both have feelings for each other, but neither want to hurt Honoka, Kotori being more so conflicted than Umi. Honoka seems to have an idea of this but still want to keep them both.

Well this is one thing that will strain if not outright break their friendship if they fail to come to a compromise.

joined Jun 9, 2011

looks like Umi and Kotori still have some slight issues with the whole polyamory thing while Honoka is more than happy to love both.

joined Jun 9, 2011

This is cute!. Now we need Inuzuka bowl's doujin from this collab.

joined Jun 9, 2011

There has been an influx of threesomes lately....

Is that a bad thing?

All we need now is Nozomi x Nico x Eli and it'll be complete

Am I a freak cuz I wanna see a Nozo x Eli x Umi, where Eli is the focus but then Nozo and Umi discover there awesome chemistry too, while still loving Eli...
But yeah this 3p was awesome!

No your not a freak. µ's can be paired in any combination. With your case we can also have rin x maki x Nico and Printemps.

joined Jun 9, 2011

There has been an influx of threesomes lately....

Is that a bad thing?

All we need now is Nozomi x Nico x Eli and it'll be complete

Aamnesia
Image Comments 13 Apr 03:34
joined Jun 9, 2011
46391062_p0

I see the KotoUmi Shippers have gotten a bit Louder lately.

last edited at Apr 13, 2015 6:33AM

Aamnesia
Image Comments 12 Apr 13:50
joined Jun 9, 2011
46391062_p0

^ Which is (probably) why they made the second years practically inseparable, each one fills in what the other two lack.

Aamnesia
Image Comments 12 Apr 10:06
joined Jun 9, 2011
46391062_p0

@Serenata its because there are 9 Muses in greek mythology.

Aamnesia
Image Comments 12 Apr 08:44
joined Jun 9, 2011
46391062_p0

YAY more OT3!!! :D

Aamnesia
joined Jun 9, 2011

This is so cute! But my heart breaks seeing Kotori being alone like that, and then my mind remember the last KotoUmi that was aangst and now I want to cry.

and now I'm sad.

But this is before Honoka meet Tsubasa, so there is still time for a mexican soap opera

Can't Honoka get her childhood friend for once. -_-

Aamnesia
joined Jun 9, 2011

I read this argument very often... and I can't possibly agree.
The HonoKoto scene at the airport... the fact that Honoka was the one who stopped Kotori from leaving, "The only person who could get Kotori to stay was Honoka" is NOT because Honoka has feelings for her or Kotori stayed ONLY cuz Honoka asked so... Of course, Honoka is the main character who else in the world would do that work?? If Eli, Nico, or Maki were the main charecter then one of them would have been the one who stopped Kotori...

I think Umi didn't stop Kotori because, unlike Honoka, she's not selfish, she couldn't ask her that... and btw, the one that makes Honoka go to the airport to stop Kotori is clearly Umi... so, please, don't say "there were no moments in the anime where Kotori and Umi showed anything more than the love between good friends"

Soo... your saying Honoka is just an accessory for KotoUmi.
It's folly to think that Honoka doesn't love kotori and umi. That would imply that the second years friendship was a lie
There are equal amounts of ship fuel between the three.

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 9:47PM

Aamnesia
joined Jun 9, 2011

It's not that this one is prequel or sequel to Second Years or March 15, it's just they feel the same way.

Manase always like to draw this kind of relationship between the second year trio, it's so strong meanwhile so easy to break. I wonder if anyone would like to translate 心かくれんぼ(http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=45976842), it is my favorite of all his/her works.

Pass it on to the guys that translated this one i'll say..

Aamnesia
joined Jun 9, 2011

WOahwoahwoahwoahwoah. Slow down there. Honoka is not unpopular. People love her because she is just a natural leader, and no one can be credited for u's except for her. She is impassioned and goofy. I don't think we can call someone who started up a club that involves ridiculous amounts of physical activity and training "lazy".

Plus 'getting forced onto Tsubasa'...no one's forcing that ship. It just feels awesome the idea that the two leaders of the most popular idol groups find inspiration in each other and fall in love through the process of going through that.

Apologies, i might've gone a little overboard.

Honoka does go all out with things she enjoys doing or find unlike silly things such as paperwork or studying.
Tho some people do tend to find her irritating and feel she doesnt deserve the credit. I for one Love her to bits.

On the topic of Tsubasa. I am not fond of shipping characters outside of their personal groups so a µ's x a-RISE ship is a big no for me. Honoka being paired with Tsubasa feels like separating Honoka from her friends that she been through so much with and has grown to love. in addition the "main" µ's pairs are either childhood friends(kotoumi,rinpana), work closely together(nozoeli) or vitriolic (nicomaki). Its easy to feel like Honoka is getting screwed over.

Aamnesia
joined Jun 9, 2011

I have read too many Umi -> Kotori -> Honoka doujins that I'm already traumatized. Life is hard as a KotoUmi shipper.

Not as hard as a Honoumi/KotoHono/OT3 Shipper considering how often Honoka gets third wheeled for the sake of KotoUmi.

I have always thought that Honoka x Kotori/Umi pairings were more popular than KotoUmi (I heard the manga had some HonoUmi subtext or something), but that might be my misconception. I guess part of the problem is that Honoka could literally open her own harem because she's so shippable with everyone.

Unfortunately Honoka is one of if not THE least popular character among µ's(her anime portrayal as an irritating lazy bum really did a number on the poor girl) so she usually gets forced onto Tsubasa(essentially booting her out) to allow the more popular µ's member to be shipped together.

S1 of the anime was KotoHono heavy especially the last few eps while the manga was heavy on the HonoUmi(this is apparently Sakurako's preferred Honoka pairing) . Kotori, Umi, Maki and Eri are relatively popular ships for Honoka so her shipping base is alot more spread out. So yeah when it comes to Honoka crack ships doesnt mean a thing.

Aamnesia
joined Jun 9, 2011

I have read too many Umi -> Kotori -> Honoka doujins that I'm already traumatized. Life is hard as a KotoUmi shipper.

Not as hard as a Honoumi/KotoHono/OT3 Shipper considering how often Honoka gets third wheeled for the sake of KotoUmi.