Forum › Liberty discussion

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Oh god, what happened. I stopped after the NTR chapter waaaay back and now this development. Liz and that producer deserve each other, she should just leave blondie alone. End of story.

joined Dec 3, 2018

The only thing the MC in Octave learned is that semen tastes nasty.

Since that false detail was invented by you, it literally is an example of “headcanon.”

MC says she wants to throw up after giving the dude head. Maybe spend less time writing pages on pages of your analysts and actually try comprehending the stories that you are reading.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Since that false detail was invented by you, it literally is an example of “headcanon.”

MC says she wants to throw up after giving the dude head. Maybe spend less time writing pages on pages of your analysts and actually try comprehending the stories that you are reading.

She says, "I couldn't help but cough when he ejaculated in my throat."

Nothing whatsoever about throwing up or about "taste."

Anything further you want to say about that series should be in the proper forum.

last edited at Dec 8, 2021 12:06PM

934c158f-6d10-4800-a176-151cb1c96d1b
joined Dec 23, 2019

This is getting good.
Finally Liz is the one who will actually hurt by seeing the person she does love with the someone else. Yeah I know Liz has been suffering all along with her ex and the big news of her having a kid but she doesn’t really deserve Maki..
But I’m sure they will end up together sooner or later.
Also, this doesn’t count as cheating or ntr because Liz and Maki weren’t even dating? Like they never made it official right?
They were just innocently “fooling around”, Liz was taking Maki’s kindness for her benefit (a place to go to, eat good food and be welcomed) but ended up liking Maki.

Really good manga!!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Also, this doesn’t count as cheating or ntr because Liz and Maki weren’t even dating? Like they never made it official right?

They had a signed contract—doesn’t get much more “official” than that.

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Hopefully Liz actually has to live with the consequences of her actions here, at least for a little while.

joined Oct 5, 2016

She says, "I couldn't help but cough when he ejaculated in my throat."

Nothing whatsoever about throwing up or about "taste."

Anything further you want to say about that series should be in the proper forum.

Octave is about a girl who's spent her whole life in denial that she might be gay, and then suddenly has sex with a woman and really likes it. Which is a lot for her to deal with. So suddenly having sex with Mr. Random Dude was an act of desperation - he seems nice, we'll have sex and it'll fix me and I'll like it and I can still be straight and get married and not have to deal with being gay. It's not great that she did it but it was an act of desperation and despair.

And then she has sex that's supposed to change her life back to how she wants it, and instead her only takeaway is just a sorta dead, emotionless summary of what physically happened and that she didn't like it. And she doesn't try anymore with men.

A single sentence about coughing is a lot more than a single sentence about coughing.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ I’ll repeat: any further comments about Octave should be done in the appropriate forum.

joined Oct 5, 2016

Yes yes, you get to have the last word and then nobody else gets to respond to you as you pretend to be a mod.

/jerk off motion

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Every time Liberta gets updated, I get reminded that this exists and have to reread it. I normally try to avoid severe drama, but there is something about this that just does it for me.

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

Man, 3 months for a non-chapter...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Another classic moment in this epic trainwreck when Maki says, “I wonder if one day I’ll become someone worthy of Liz.”

And it’s not parody.

I think not parody, but with this one who can tell?

EDIT: Chapter posted while I was doing a spoiler post.

last edited at Feb 28, 2022 9:46AM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Another classic moment in this epic trainwreck when Maki says, “I wonder if one day I’ll become someone worthy of Liz.”

When I read that part I couldn't help thinking whoever writes this manga heavily self-inserts as Liz and genuinely believes she's entitled to everything good in the world despite being a piece of shit. What a trainwreck indeed.

last edited at Feb 28, 2022 10:21AM

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

I'm really rooting for the bestie but I want Maki to like have a space first or time for herself and fucking move on (gurl why even bother for Liz, you're worthy asf). Let Liz regret her shits and think first before doing so (and I also believe she hasn't fully moved on yet??? with her ex, making Maki a rebound). But hey I really think Liz and Maki will end up with each other, sigh I really hate Liz but gaddamn Maki loves her

Obnoxious%20vi
joined May 27, 2015

What the hell is going on with this manga. Best friend confesses suddenly and then they say nothing of it, Maki continues to unironically blame herself for getting cheated on and end it with some dumb contrived misconception. I wish Maki had just moved on and found another girl, that would’ve at least shown some growth instead of what we’re likely to get. Fuck.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

At this point, this is one of those manga that's so bad I have to keep reading.

joined Dec 21, 2016

When I read that I couldn't help thinking whoever writes this manga heavily self-inserts as Liz and genuinely believes she's entitled to everything good in the world despite being a piece of shit. What a trainwreck indeed.

Yes, we've already been there. The real name of Liz is Tachibana Izumi 橘花いづみ. The writer is Kitta Izumi 橘田いずみ.
The surnames share the initial kanji and the names have the same pronunciation but written differently.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

And our tightly reasoned theorizing from last time that the backhug girl was Maki's first girlfriend, newly introduced in order to add a complication to the plot, was all for nothing--it's just the short-haired OL who has a non-yuri girl-crush (Chap. 1: "If she were a man I'd totally fall in love with her") on Maki. Meaning it's not really a new development, just a stupid misunderstanding.

Meaning we overestimated this series. How could we have even done that?

joined Dec 21, 2016

And our tightly reasoned theorizing from last time that the backhug girl was Maki's first girlfriend, newly introduced in order to add a complication to the plot, was all for nothing--it's just the short-haired OL who has a non-yuri girl-crush (Chap. 1: "If she were a man I'd totally fall in love with her") on Maki. Meaning it's not really a new development, just a stupid misunderstanding.

Hey, the first chapters were good

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Hey, the first chapters were good

I should have said, "at this point." Because the first chapters were good--it was a series I was really excited about at first. (My personal speculation is that Momono Moto had a big hand in writing the early chapters.)

And now I'm offended on behalf of Tsucchi, who has been nothing but a good friend and a voice of reason, only to have her confession almost completely ignored. Not even a "I love you too--you're my best friend" brushoff.

The writer has done a pretty good job of establishing that Liz is an evil narcissist and that Maki is brainless dolt.

I'm not sure that's exactly the characterization they're going for, though.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

"I wonder if one day I'll become someone worthy of Liz"

Wow. Can't remember when last a line of text in a story pissed me off this much.

joined Jun 21, 2021

Damn that definitely wasn’t worth the 3 month wait.

Im not sure why people are so bent out of shape I’ve the “worthy of Liz line” it’s completely realistic for someone with low self esteem to have this kinda horrible logic.

I don’t think the series is gonna commit to this being true, and this misunderstanding was put there so Liz doesn’t just get to fixed the situation, she’s going to be out through the ringer now.

Like I get peoples issues with the series writing, but I’m not convinced the creator actually thinks what maki thinks is true

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

"Worthy of Liz" Oh, fuck off. At this point, she deserves to be treated as garbage. Man. I'm really hopping this ship just sink.

last edited at Feb 28, 2022 12:50PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Damn that definitely wasn’t worth the 3 month wait.

Im not sure why people are so bent out of shape I’ve the “worthy of Liz line” it’s completely realistic for someone with low self esteem to have this kinda horrible logic.

I don’t think the series is gonna commit to this being true, and this misunderstanding was put there so Liz doesn’t just get to fixed the situation, she’s going to be out through the ringer now.

Like I get peoples issues with the series writing, but I’m not convinced the creator actually thinks what maki thinks is true

This is the standard "people are like this in real life" excuse for bad in-story characterization. Sure, it is the kind of self-hating logic that people with low self-esteem do actually use.

But at this point in the story, after what has immediately preceded it, the statement is evidence that Maki has learned absolutely nothing from her in-story experience and essentially is as dumb as a box of rocks. She thinks she deserves to be mistreated because she can't measure up to the high-class standard set by Liz and her predator-player rival. (And we have been given no backstory to explain Maki's dysfunctional psychology except that she was dumped by a previous shitty girlfriend.)

So if in fact this is a setup for Liz's redemption arc in which she suffers for her emotional abuse of Maki, the immediate cause of her suffering will be Maki's mistaken impression of her own self-worth that Liz will have to overcome rather than, say, Maki's righteous (and utterly justified) disgust at the way Liz has treated her.

tl;dr: Maki believes that she deserves to be mistreated, and now we are being given reasons to agree with her.

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

well cant say ive ever seen a confession get brushed off so fast. why was that even included at all?

To reply you must either login or sign up.