Forum › FAQ, Help, & Suggestions

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

EnjoyTheNoise posted:

To start - I have absolutely no clue about what tech stack do you use at dynasty, or what infrastructure you have. I also believe you already tried it, but maybe for some areas like pairings, authors, where content is not changing very frequently, maybe you could just cache those requests? (assuming they're mostly GET - that wouldn't be very tricky I think)

Thank you for the suggestion! Part of the motivation for the database changes and some possible future changes are based around the use of more aggressive caching. Reducing the load of single requests, and reducing their burden after first access (with more caching) are, I imagine, the easiest ways of alleviating some of our fringe performance issues. I'm not the one to know all the details front-to-back, but I think we're on the same track here!

Zigv3uyqlg0hih2ixcp8saivs99g-ehejzp51vcc89w
joined Feb 8, 2018

EnjoyTheNoise posted:

To start - I have absolutely no clue about what tech stack do you use at dynasty, or what infrastructure you have. I also believe you already tried it, but maybe for some areas like pairings, authors, where content is not changing very frequently, maybe you could just cache those requests? (assuming they're mostly GET - that wouldn't be very tricky I think)

Thank you for the suggestion! Part of the motivation for the database changes and some possible future changes are based around the use of more aggressive caching. Reducing the load of single requests, and reducing their burden after first access (with more caching) are, I imagine, the easiest ways of alleviating some of our fringe performance issues. I'm not the one to know all the details front-to-back, but I think we're on the same track here!

I can imagine you have to also deal with bits of tech debt before going forward, so best of luck with whole process. :D

When I had to deal with caching stuff I usually just opted into using managed Redis instance, or if cost was more important, some self-hosted Redis (usually as Docker container). Option that I used in my Bachelor's thesis to improve GET performance, was splitting data into read/write models and storing read model in something like Elasticsearch (in my case it was Azure Search, but they work similar in that use-case), but that was aaages ago.

But that are just my 2 cents on this topic, I guess your team will know better what will fit into your needs (inb4 you already have this and I'm just making a fool out of myself XD),

last edited at Feb 4, 2022 12:36PM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Is there a way to get notifications (emails) when someone replies to or quotes your comment? Also, what’s the best way to include a link to a comment when quoting someone on mobile?

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Since Rivals is a tag since I don't-know-how-long, shouldn't these couples have it?
https://dynasty-scans.com/pairings/bianca_x_hilda
https://dynasty-scans.com/pairings/gloria_x_marnie

Edit: tag suggestion: tummy

last edited at Feb 5, 2022 5:57PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Since Rivals is a tag since I don't-know-how-long, shouldn't these couples have it?
https://dynasty-scans.com/pairings/bianca_x_hilda
https://dynasty-scans.com/pairings/gloria_x_marnie

Edit: tag suggestion: tummy

Eh, pairing tags usually aren't tagged themselves outside of the series/doujin they're from.

Regarding a Tummy tag, we do already have Navel Play but that's kind of a different thing, so maybe?

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Eh, pairing tags usually aren't tagged themselves outside of the series/doujin they're from.

I understand that, but what about the posts of those pairings?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I understand that, but what about the posts of those pairings?

It would depend on the doujin/picture and whether them being rivals comes up at all. For example, most Gloria x Marnie wouldn't really fit the tag, but this picture does (which is why I added it just now).

joined Jun 5, 2018

Is there a way to get notifications (emails) when someone replies to or quotes your comment? Also, what’s the best way to include a link to a comment when quoting someone on mobile?

I agree, and maybe just a notification on site (of course toggeable for those who dont want any).

Azure0285Reader
joined Jan 31, 2021

Good day
When I tried to make a tag suggestion it doesn't appear on my suggestion status.
What's happening?

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

This isn't a very big thing but... I just noticed that Reading Lists are now in alphabetical order. Is there any chance of getting that back to chronological? The new order no longer really helps find things I can't remember the name of, which is 95% of my searches. I can generally remember roughly how long ago I've read something, so the old ordering was more convenient.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I feel Machikado Mazoku could also have the rivals tag.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

uncertain posted:

This isn't a very big thing but... I just noticed that Reading Lists are now in alphabetical order. Is there any chance of getting that back to chronological? The new order no longer really helps find things I can't remember the name of, which is 95% of my searches. I can generally remember roughly how long ago I've read something, so the old ordering was more convenient.

You should probably amend this to ask for the option of chronological sorting. This is a change that quite a few people have asked for for quite awhile.

Youmu-nio-160pxw
joined Jun 20, 2019

Another spammer.

Edit: no spam here yet, but this thread has several suspiciously-bot-lookin' posts.

last edited at Feb 13, 2022 11:32AM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I don't know if there are many instances of it in the site, but shared scarf could be a nice tag.

Edit: Since the Idol tag applies for voice actresses too, should it be added to chapters of Tae-chan and Jimiko-san which feature Itsuko Shibui?

last edited at Feb 12, 2022 12:09PM

joined Jan 2, 2018

Hi, I'm having an issue with my "To Read" list for some weeks now, probably that's the same bug described by majorawake a few posts ago.
The number of chapters it's always two more than the actual chapters in the list, even with an empty list the counter still marks 2.
I tried to fix it adding and removing the chapters I had in the list when the bug started, but with no luck.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Toshinou posted:

Hi, I'm having an issue with my "To Read" list for some weeks now, probably that's the same bug described by majorawake a few posts ago.
The number of chapters it's always two more than the actual chapters in the list, even with an empty list the counter still marks 2.
I tried to fix it adding and removing the chapters I had in the list when the bug started, but with no luck.

Hmm... I wonder if you could have chapters previously added to your list that have since been removed from the site?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Will follow up on the rest tomorrow, but: if you've made a request and it's been delayed since last week, it should be fulfilled tomorrow. Thank you for your patience.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Looks like a spam or bot here: https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/9125-isn-t-the-moon-beautiful-discussion?page=16 for user ID littlesixxx.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Yeah, you're going to find them all over the place. Looks like litlesixxx spammed 22 of the same post:
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=80355

joined Jun 5, 2018

If you want to scam someone, at least take some effort... How conspicious can you get.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

bubuu posted:

[...] How conspicuous can you get.

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=70756
...said, "Hold my beer."

Oh, the irony. A spam account posting copy/pastes in the forum where we notify the admins of spammers. Way to avoid notice there!

last edited at Feb 17, 2022 3:01PM

joined Jun 5, 2018

I dont understand, was this user you linked someone who replied to my previous comment with "hold my beer" and turned out to be a bot? If so, this would be quite amusing.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I dont understand, was this user you linked someone who replied to my previous comment with "hold my beer" and turned out to be a bot? If so, this would be quite amusing.

They might as well have. It was a spam user, and they had two posts (since deleted) right after yours that were straight up copies of posts further up the page. It's a bit like trying to stay inconspicuous by perching on the radar.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Virgin's Empire has tags designated to specific couples like Ai x Chie or Elisha x Honoka. Maybe Yuru Yuri should have the same thing since it's also about a bunch of different intertwining ships.

To reply you must either login or sign up.