Forum › Hino-san no Baka discussion

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I'll believe nothing until it's explicit.

That's me at this point, and why I keep spamming with possible ideas. One more:

Hino's about to lean in to whisper something into Koguma's ear.

Or maybe posing for an 'imminent kiss' to wait or Koguma to wake up, as if catching her mid-act

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Alternative guess: the last panel was from Koguma's dream, since she's sleeping

Alternative alternative guess: all 92 chapters were just Hino's dream and in the finale she will wake up from the nap she took behind school

Wow, you must be fun at parties.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don’t think the laws of physics will solve the mystery here:

• We are intentionally being prevented from seeing what’s happening (obvious, I know, but just stating the premises).

• There’s no guarantee that the panel shows the precise Crucial Moment of this particular encounter—either or both characters could adjust positions by the next time we see them, so touching noses, solo or mutual kiss, forehead thermometer, and more are all still on the table.

• There’s nothing this series can’t walk back. We know this. It sometimes hurts our hearts to know this. But we all know it’s true.

joined Feb 1, 2021

Alternative guess: the last panel was from Koguma's dream, since she's sleeping

Alternative alternative guess: all 92 chapters were just Hino's dream and in the finale she will wake up from the nap she took behind school

She is of course woken by Koguma, so that the cycle may begin anew.

12a1
joined May 12, 2019

I don’t think the laws of physics will solve the mystery here:

• We are intentionally being prevented from seeing what’s happening (obvious, I know, but just stating the premises).

• There’s no guarantee that the panel shows the precise Crucial Moment of this particular encounter—either or both characters could adjust positions by the next time we see them, so touching noses, solo or mutual kiss, forehead thermometer, and more are all still on the table.

• There’s nothing this series can’t walk back. We know this. It sometimes hurts our hearts to know this. But we all know it’s true.

There's a limit to how many times a series can avoid development like this before it becomes detrimental. It does spoil the fun and over time the jokes will lose their ability to make up for it. The current status quo can't last forever, so I think they have to start dating at some point. We might be in the middle of the transition, or it might happen some time later. I think it's probably already going on. We know the author tricks people like this and the author knows that we know, so if we're talking about playing with expectations, waiting for a miraculous phone call or whatever is just asking for it. Going for it is an inevitable twist when the audience is so well trained to assume nothing will ever happen

joined Aug 29, 2019

Really, the greatest trick Tarou-sensei could pull right now would be not deceiving us: an actual kiss, because none of us really believe that it could actually be true right now. We've been conditioned to not take what Hino does and what we're shown at face value (just like Koguma), and the greatest payoff will eventually come through not fooling us.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Really, the greatest trick Tarou-sensei could pull right now would be not deceiving us: an actual kiss, because none of us really believe that it could actually be true right now. We've been conditioned to not take what Hino does and what we're shown at face value (just like Koguma), and the greatest payoff will eventually come through not fooling us.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world they did not kiss."

(Sorry, just had to.)

last edited at Dec 27, 2021 3:30PM

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

That's me at this point, and why I keep spamming with possible ideas. One more:

Hino's about to lean in to whisper something into Koguma's ear.

Or maybe posing for an 'imminent kiss' to wait or Koguma to wake up, as if catching her mid-act

Actually, that would be pretty great: Hino wants to kiss Koguma, but is afraid to, so instead for the standard MO of teasing. By way of waiting in the perfect 'caught just before kissing her' pose.

And waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting.

And Koguma just won't wake up, so Hino gets tired from holding the pose / needs to stretch, gets up... and then Koguma wakes up. :p

joined Aug 29, 2019

And waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting.

Speaking of waiting, I guess we'll also be doing a lot of that for the next two weeks :D

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Also speculating. A lot of it. And I'm okay with that.

Thumbnail_5a23d300cc738989a894c6273ef293a6
joined Jul 8, 2017

I think its a clear fakeout, will probably end up being a forehead temp check or something.

But it doesnt matter, the rest of the chapter was so fucking good I dont mind the (possible) fakeout

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Yuki Kitsune posted:

At this point, they could be in the midst of hot, ardent sex, and Koguma would still be thinking, "But does Hino really like me that way?" The only thing this series likes to do more than trolling Koguma is trolling the readers. I'll believe nothing until it's explicit.

I mean, isn't that the plot of the whole manga?

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

Counting the pores on the forehead. Thank me later

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

And waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting.

Speaking of waiting, I guess we'll also be doing a lot of that for the next two weeks :D

actually just one week, because it took me a week to get this chapter out due to holiday stuff. next sunday!!!

Lumity%20kiss%203%20low%20byte
joined Aug 9, 2019

LETS
FUCKING
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

And waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting.

actually just one week, because it took me a week to get this chapter out due to holiday stuff. next sunday!!!

Thanks as ever for your work bringing us this delight. Sometimes a torturous one, but always a delight.

Steam-community-screenshot-dream-team-demon,-witch-
joined Nov 15, 2016

WHOOOOOOO YEAH BABY
THATS WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!
WOOOOOOOOO

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

IT'S HAPPENING.gif

joined Aug 29, 2019

My, what a way to start off the year!

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Is it just me or has Hino-san become the title on Dynasty that currently gets the most community engagement in terms of forum posts and involvement per chapter?
Sure, it's been going for a few years and has 92 chapters now, but 3600+ posts in the thread is nothing to sneeze at. Not even Futaribeya or Hana ni Arashi have as many posts, though then again Bloom into You has more than twice as many :D The power of having an anime adaptation I guess?

Imagine Hino getting an anime, the thread length would break.

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

At this point, they could be in the midst of hot, ardent sex, and Koguma would still be thinking, "But does Hino really like me that way?" The only thing this series likes to do more than trolling Koguma is trolling the readers. I'll believe nothing until it's explicit.

...in the next chapter it would show up that they were actually only exercising and it was just a play of the angles.

joined Aug 29, 2019

...in the next chapter it would show up that they were actually only exercising and it was just a play of the angles.

That reminded me of the first scene of Agent Aika (the OVA), which I was probably too young to fully grasp when I first saw it...

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Hino, you dummy.

YuriOverdoseVictim
13821eeb-5210-41e8-bb9a-730437b15163
joined Mar 31, 2021

I know it’s probably bait, but I reeeeeeeaaaaallllly want it to be a kiss :,(

sanshouowo Uploader
Output-onlinepngtools(4)
Homusaki Shikibu
joined Jul 10, 2021

cute n gay

To reply you must either login or sign up.