Forum › My Younger Senpai discussion

joined Nov 17, 2021

I think this chapter is Sasaki's chance for some character growth. Does she really love Seto or does she love this 16 year old version of her and is she capable of moving beyond that? So far all her fantasies and such seem to be of the younger Seto. I would like to see her fantasizing and dreaming about mature Seto at least once.

joined Sep 21, 2021

(≧▽≦)

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I think this chapter is Sasaki's chance for some character growth. Does she really love Seto or does she love this 16 year old version of her and is she capable of moving beyond that? So far all her fantasies and such seem to be of the younger Seto. I would like to see her fantasizing and dreaming about mature Seto at least once.

Pretty sure she doesnt differentiate between Them beyond how bold she feel she can be

Boy10
joined Dec 6, 2021

I'm at my wits end with this manga so.... go for it MC's Past Self don't lose to your future self

joined Nov 17, 2021

For as much as Sasaki claims to be competing with her past self, I think she's actually helping her more than harming her. In chapter 3 she played a role in Seto starting to notice young Nanasawa more. She specifically asked Seto if she liked the glasses girl, aka her younger self. Not only that, Sasaki also got Seto to admit that she wanted to impress someone in her club with that bikini. Lastly, if she was really competing as hard as she thinks she is, then why tease her younger self about Seto at all? She's already noticed young Nanasawa is changing, so why encourage it? I think maybe she subconsciously wants young Nanasawa to get together with Seto even if she doesn't realize it yet.

last edited at Dec 9, 2021 11:44PM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

god damnit sasaki that was the moment to be bold and straight foward and you froze in place. I guess there´s really no escape from the useless syndrome

Dont be shy put some more
Fe6ab00c2e2efd2511d019a9edf35577
joined Dec 7, 2020

Do who's the top again?

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

ARG! Why don't they ever go after them when they run.

For dramatic tension.
But then again, Seto bolted without giving MC much time to process and respond

I get it. It's just frustrating. When whole chapters of drama could have been avoided with one honest conversation. It just feels like the author is padding the story.

joined Nov 17, 2021

We've only had 18 chapters so far. That's hardly what I'd consider padding unless Hinohara just wanted to create another one-shot. If that's the case, this story could have easily been over within the first five chapters or so. However, there would have been way too many loose ends and plot hooks left that way. Young MC and Kaimori for example, the latter of whom is on the back cover of vol. 2. I want to see where this all goes.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

ARG! Why don't they ever go after them when they run.

For dramatic tension.
But then again, Seto bolted without giving MC much time to process and respond

I get it. It's just frustrating. When whole chapters of drama could have been avoided with one honest conversation. It just feels like the author is padding the story.

That's just how farce works--how many sitcom episodes wouldn't last ten minutes if "honest conversation" were a thing?

And any story premised on time travel via masturbating on a rocking horse in a public park definitely counts as farce.

last edited at Dec 13, 2021 11:24AM

joined Jul 20, 2020

Oh damn! Saw the raws for the chapter 19 and boy oh boy do I imagine the worst ending for our protagonist when she gets back to her own time and things changed I think her senpai will end up rejecting her because she looks just like "Sasaki" so let's see what happens in the next chapters... but the protagonist continues screwing herself over right now with her own actions is all I can see.

last edited at Dec 15, 2021 12:13PM by OrangePekoe

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Oh damn! Saw the raws for the chapter 19 and boy oh boy do I imagine the worst ending for our protagonist when she gets back to her own time and things changed I think her senpai will end up rejecting her because she looks just like "Sasaki" so let's see what happens in the next chapters... but the protagonist continues screwing herself over right now with her own actions is all I can see.

There is a spoiler tag for a reason. It's good for you you read raws but not everyone does it.

joined Apr 3, 2021

are you this dumb? genuinely asking

joined Nov 17, 2021

I don't agree with it either, but you don't need to be a jerk about it. And as for the other person, I know you're excited, but you really shouldn't jump the gun like that. I like the raws too, but only as far as what's already been published in the two volumes so far. So maybe in the future, you should wait for the translated chapters to actually come out before you start discussing them.

joined Jul 20, 2020

There is a spoiler tag for a reason. It's good for you you read raws but not everyone does it.

sorry T.T don't know how to activate it can I get some help please

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I will refer you to the post by Orange about text format

joined Jul 20, 2020

I will refer you to the post by Orange about text format

Thanks!

joined Jul 20, 2020

I don't agree with it either, but you don't need to be a jerk about it. And as for the other person, I know you're excited, but you really shouldn't jump the gun like that. I like the raws too, but only as far as what's already been published in the two volumes so far. So maybe in the future, you should wait for the translated chapters to actually come out before you start discussing them.

sorry my bad I didn't know how to use the spoiler tags plus the artists twitter has links to the site that shows you the raws so yeah all I wish is the younger MC doesn't turn into the older MC (because of her "mature self" idiotic actions hopefully) who hates her own guts which is why she remade herself it makes rereading the first chapter even more sadder after you see Senpai giving the older MC her scarf and during the cinema chapter 6 the Younger MC offers her her leg warmer.

I like those little moments that show why older MCs Senpai actually has feelings for her she was there when others weren't so yeah in short I would wish that young MC in this timeline confesses earlier to her Senpai instead of doing nothing (or something lusty) and even if she is rejected she will get over it in a healthier way than older MC and grow up.

But yeah... NTR it propably is T.T

Denny%202
joined Aug 21, 2021

Good thing most people don't come here until the chapter translated

joined Nov 17, 2021

The thing is, new chapters are typically translated within hours of a day or two at most. Chapter 19 has been out in the wild for nearly a week now. I'll give it about a month, but if no new chapters are translated between now and then, that means the series may have been dropped in which case we'll just need to keep discussing the series without the aid of translation. If it comes to that, the author posts new chapters on his Twitter feed.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The thing is, new chapters are typically translated within hours of a day or two at most. Chapter 19 has been out in the wild for nearly a week now. I'll give it about a month, but if no new chapters are translated between now and then, that means the series may have been dropped in which case we'll just need to keep discussing the series without the aid of translation. If it comes to that, the author posts new chapters on his Twitter feed.

Reminder that Translation team are humans too and have a life outside of scanlation, as for most of them it's just a hobby. They do it when they can and they can have problems in their life that can delay the translation. A manga is dropped if the team say so or after a long period of time without any news. 1 month can't be considered like a long period of time.

joined Nov 17, 2021

Not saying it's dropped yet, just that it's possible. You do have a point about one month. All I'm saying is there needs to be a plan just in case it happens. I just want to be able to discuss this series without constantly having to use spoiler tags instead of waiting on translations all the time. This is why I'm learning Japanese.

last edited at Dec 21, 2021 4:29PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Hsr2008 posted:

Not saying it's dropped yet, just that it's possible. You do have a point about one month. All I'm saying is there needs to be a plan just in case it happens. I just want to be able to discuss this series without constantly having to use spoiler tags instead of waiting on translations all the time. This is why I'm learning Japanese.

Sorry, you'll have to continue waiting, and continue using spoiler tags. Given the season, I would not be surprised to see a few more weeks going by without a release. Let's be respectful and give the scanlators the time and space they deserve.

Best of luck in your studies, though!

joined Nov 17, 2021

You didn't answer my question, though. What's the plan if I'm right and this series has been dropped? And I give it to about April, May at the latest when we'll all be sitting on 11 untranslated chapters. So excuse me if I just read the author's Twitter, import the volumes and never post here again and keep the story to myself. I've seen this situation more than enough times to know where it's headed.

last edited at Dec 21, 2021 6:01PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

What's the plan if I'm right and this series has been dropped?

Wait for someone else to pick it up or do it yourself if you feel like it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.